Astell&Kern AK380
Jul 16, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #5,941 of 9,041
I'm realizing that my problem with AK380 may be du to the Card SD. 
When i take off the card, there is no problem, but when the card is inside the DAP, the player has the problem. specially when it has to change a song from the internal disk to a song on the card sd.

Which format should i use to format my SD card (200GB) ? shall i format it from the DAP, or from my macbook ? and if from my mac, which format shall i use ?

Jul 17, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #5,944 of 9,041
  I'm realizing that my problem with AK380 may be du to the Card SD. 
When i take off the card, there is no problem, but when the card is inside the DAP, the player has the problem. specially when it has to change a song from the internal disk to a song on the card sd.

Which format should i use to format my SD card (200GB) ? shall i format it from the DAP, or from my macbook ? and if from my mac, which format shall i use ?

Hi Samuel,
I copied this from the A&K facebook site, I hope it helps.

BUT, please do the format as below before use it :
AK100/120/Jr -> exFAT
AK100ii/120ii/240/380/320 -> exFAT and NTFS. But we recommend to do "Erase SD card" from the device before use it. Because this "Erase SD card" makes FAT32 format and AK device able to fix file system error itself based on FAT32 format.

You can find "Erase SD card" function in below path :
Setting -> System Information -> SD Card

Jul 17, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #5,947 of 9,041
From what I was told by someone who knows AK's inside and out there is no difference in sound via the cradle and jack when switched to line out.

Ok, thanks. This would mean that that AK380 with AK380 amp is better than the quality of the XLR out. I only have a cheap jack to cinch cable, but the result is unsatisfactory. I would have good XLR cables though and a good external amp (Violectric V281), that is the reason for asking.

Jul 17, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #5,948 of 9,041
  Hi Samuel,
I copied this from the A&K facebook site, I hope it helps.

BUT, please do the format as below before use it :
AK100/120/Jr -> exFAT
AK100ii/120ii/240/380/320 -> exFAT and NTFS. But we recommend to do "Erase SD card" from the device before use it. Because this "Erase SD card" makes FAT32 format and AK device able to fix file system error itself based on FAT32 format.

You can find "Erase SD card" function in below path :
Setting -> System Information -> SD Card

Thanks so much! I will try that solution.

Jul 18, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #5,949 of 9,041
  Thanks so much! I will try that solution.

I did it but it doesn't work.
even i tried with my SD card 128 GB, which used to work fine with my AK120 II, but it does not work with the AK380. i have the same problems.
Someone from AK asked me to email him. i did the, i'm waiting to see.
Another issue : each time the DAP screen went off, even when playing music, impossible after to get the screen back, unless i do a reset.

Jul 18, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #5,950 of 9,041

I did it but it doesn't work.
even i tried with my SD card 128 GB, which used to work fine with my AK120 II, but it does not work with the AK380. i have the same problems.
Someone from AK asked me to email him. i did the, i'm waiting to see.
Another issue : each time the DAP screen went off, even when playing music, impossible after to get the screen back, unless i do a reset.

For your card you need to look into how it was partition, and make sure it is with MBR and not GPT.  Don't know about the screen issue, but this may need to be RMA back to AK.

Jul 18, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #5,951 of 9,041
Finally i sent the DAP this morning to Iriver office in Germany (RMA).
I hope that the problem will be totally fixed or i will get back a another new DAP.
i didn't sent the accessories : just the DAP and the guarantee Card, with purchase invoices.

Jul 18, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #5,952 of 9,041
  For your card you need to look into how it was partition, and make sure it is with MBR and not GPT.  Don't know about the screen issue, but this may need to be RMA back to AK.

Yes you're right, we were writing the message at the same time i think : i got RMA officers in Germany, and the ask me to send the DAP back (RMA).
hope that i will get it back totally renewed, or replaced with a new unit.

Jul 18, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #5,953 of 9,041
Yes you're right, we were writing the message at the same time i think : i got RMA officers in Germany, and the ask me to send the DAP back (RMA).
hope that i will get it back totally renewed, or replaced with a new unit.

Yeah hope AK will fix/replace your unit.

Jul 18, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #5,954 of 9,041
Beware where you buy made for AK goods from.
I got an item from a well know AK dealer and items faulty so I emailed the store and got this reply "I'm in middle of moving my house. Won't be back until Thursday. Send an email to (deleted persons name)@iriver.com he is at AK, to see what ideas he has."
So if you get faulty item from this well known shop on this planet not on the 'moon' beware if he's busy he won't deal with you until he's not busy and clearly can't get other members of his staff to help!
I got tempered glass for my 380 which fitted fine but next day started coming off the glass!

Jul 18, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #5,955 of 9,041
Beware where you buy made for AK goods from.
I got an item from a well know AK dealer and items faulty so I emailed the store and got this reply "I'm in middle of moving my house. Won't be back until Thursday. Send an email to (deleted persons name)@iriver.com he is at AK, to see what ideas he has."
So if you get faulty item from this well known shop on this planet not on the 'moon' beware if he's busy he won't deal with you until he's not busy and clearly can't get other members of his staff to help!
I got tempered glass for my 380 which fitted fine but next day started coming off the glass!

You're true...
In my case, My supplier has been very professional. i had 14 days to send back the DAP in case i didn't like it or it has a problem.
Since the first day, i knew that there was some few problems on the DAP, but i decide to keep it and see with Iriver directly, as the DAP was totally new, and the supplier could not replace it. i could be only refund from the supplier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back