Astell&Kern AK380
Jul 8, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #5,851 of 9,040
I don't hear any difference with my AK320 with or without case and this is used with very sensitive and most detailed CIEMs available. I think it's just your brain playing tricks on U and these words can mislead other members. So please dear members, don't let thet them trick U too;] I can belive on little sound difference in copper housing vs duralumin but DAP case?! Ask proffesionals from music industry for honest answer;]

Jul 8, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #5,854 of 9,040
  Im sorry.. I just can't take this anymore now with saying by changing the leather case the sound will "blow you away". I already sold my 380 for many reasons and replaced it with better so no reason to stay subbed to this thread.

Literally talking about if using a leather case or not will "blow you away" with the sound quality.. I should've unsubscribed a long time ago.. geez. Not only did Astell & Kern let me down, but now so are you guys haha
tongue.gif

and which did u buy

Jul 8, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #5,855 of 9,040
Jul 10, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #5,857 of 9,040
  @LouisArmstrong Which did you hear the most difference between, the different cases or between the ak380 (regular) or ak240? What about on the ak240, any differences with different cases?

AK380Cu without case > AK380Cu with case >> AK380 without case > AK380 with case > (barely) AK240 without case > ​(also barely) AK240 with case. I think the AK380 is more prone to being deteriorated by a leather case but no so much with AK240, but still noticeable.

Jul 10, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #5,858 of 9,040
Well, to be honest, the notion of the case changing the sq is no crazier than what happens on head-fi already. $4k daps, $2k+ IEMS, owning multiple daps for your mood, IEMS same thing, magic cables, etc. Yes, I'm guilty of the lunacy as well.

I mean this with all sincerity, what would the average person think about the obscene amounts of money spent on portable audio? I remember saying a pair if IEMS was $179 and I received crazy looks. For an outsider, we all look nuts and the case theory is probably plausible as normal people think this place is full of lunatics.

Jul 10, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #5,859 of 9,040

I swear I can hear my ak240 sounds better while it floats on the air using a fishing line without contact with hands or any other surfaces.
Its the best sound even even surpassed the ak380cu!

Jul 10, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #5,860 of 9,040
I swear I can hear my ak240 sounds better while it floats on the air using a fishing line without contact with hands or any other surfaces.
Its the best sound even even surpassed the ak380cu!

Sure, but then the quality of the fishing line may affect the sound. Everyone who keeps ranting - have you tried it out by yourself? If not please keep those attacks to yourself until you do. As I used as an analogy, should there be any difference using different USB cables to connect to a DAC? Absolutely not. But is there a difference? Clearly. Don't ask me why, because I don't know either, but just try it.

Jul 10, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #5,861 of 9,040
Sure, but then the quality of the fishing line may affect the sound. Everyone who keeps ranting - have you tried it out by yourself? If not please keep those attacks to yourself until you do. As I used as an analogy, should there be any difference using different USB cables to connect to a DAC? Absolutely not. But is there a difference? Clearly. Don't ask me why, because I don't know either, but just try it.

To be honest, USB cables does affect the sound too

Jul 10, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #5,862 of 9,040
To be honest, USB cables does affect the sound too

Exactly. I have compared different USB cables on my speakers system and people are simply floored by the differences. The difference is not as prominent with headphones and IEMs but still clearly noticeable. Currently I am using the Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB cable - cheap but good overall performance. 

Jul 10, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #5,863 of 9,040
Same with the Cardas Clarifier app. No one knows how exactly it is improving the sq, but you hear it immediately. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back