Astell&Kern AK380
Aug 14, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #8,851 of 9,041
More functional Tidal...

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #8,852 of 9,041
All great suggestions! But I thought the chipset is what limits the AK380 from being able to use Tidal offline and MQA? I remember someone a while back from AK mentioning that as a reason - but maybe they just want us to buy a new model!!

Aug 15, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #8,853 of 9,041
I believe they were looking into it (that's what Jason told me) . I think what they did discount was the introduction of the OpenAPK plugins (or whatever its called) that is on the newer models.
Native apps could theoretically still be written

All great suggestions! But I thought the chipset is what limits the AK380 from being able to use Tidal offline and MQA? I remember someone a while back from AK mentioning that as a reason - but maybe they just want us to buy a new model!!

Aug 18, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #8,854 of 9,041
20190818_200507.jpg 20190818_200544.jpg 20190818_200608.jpg Hi,
I'm trying to create a playlist but I think I'm doing something wrong.
When I open the playlist file it shows nothing, I have attached some fotos of what the display shows. I would apreciate if someone could help me further.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #8,855 of 9,041
Hi,
When I open the playlist file it shows nothing, I have attached some fotos of what the display shows. I would apreciate if someone could help me further.
My AK380 takes a long time to load the playlist. If you waited a minute or two would it load for you? I'm wondering if it was one of the more recent firmware updates that caused this problem. A year or two ago I didn't have this delay.

Aug 19, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #8,858 of 9,041
Hi,

How are you trying to create the playlist? I have no problem creating them on my AK380 or loading them on after creating them on my computer, but I need to know a lot more about what you are doing to help you.

Aug 21, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #8,859 of 9,041
How are you trying to create the playlist? I have no problem creating them on my AK380 or loading them on after creating them on my computer, but I need to know a lot more about what you are doing to help you.
I started by adding a song by pressing the "+" and then creating a playlist "X", but If I go to the Playlist folder it says "there are no files", but when I add another song pressing the "+" the playlist "X" appears, as soon as I close that window to search for more songs to add I can't find the playlist anymore.
All music which I downloaded on the ak380 has only the music and the image of each album, I erased the m3u files, I don't know if this may be the reason of my problem.

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #8,860 of 9,041
I started by adding a song by pressing the "+" and then creating a playlist "X", but If I go to the Playlist folder it says "there are no files", but when I add another song pressing the "+" the playlist "X" appears, as soon as I close that window to search for more songs to add I can't find the playlist anymore.
All music which I downloaded on the ak380 has only the music and the image of each album, I erased the m3u files, I don't know if this may be the reason of my problem.

Access to the Playlist folder is blocked by the AK operating system so it shows the "there are no files" message. You have to manage the playlists by using the PLAYLIST option on the Home Screen. Since I do not have my AK380 anymore, I can not walk you through the steps to do it, but it works just like the AK380 manual (pages 30 - 32) says. The download link for the manual is https://www.astellnkern.com/eng/con...rd=&cg=&goods=SC10720&idx=1000044&page=1&no=1

Creating a Playlist
1. Press [Playlist - Playlists] from the
home screen to display a list of
playlists.
2. Press [+] at the upper-right corner
of the screen.
3. Enter a name for the playlist, and
then press [Add] to create a new
playlist

Adding a Song to a Playlist
1. Press [Playlists] to display a list of
playlists.
2. Select a playlist and press [+ Add]
to display a list of songs.
3. Select the desired song, and then
press [+ Add] to add the song to
the selected playlist.

I'm sorry to not walk you through it, but I sold my AK380 and shipped it off to the buyer yesterday. I think it works the same as my KANN does so the simple steps are:
  1. Select PLAYLIST from the Home Screen.
  2. Select PLAYLISTS from the next screen.
  3. Select + from the upper right to add a new playlist.
  4. Give it a name and press CREATE from the upper right to add the new playlist.
  5. Select the playlist to open it.
  6. Press Add from the middle just below the line to load a list of your tracks.
  7. Tap the tracks you want to add to highlight them,
  8. Press Add from the upper right to add the selected tracks to your playlist.

Aug 21, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #8,861 of 9,041
Access to the Playlist folder is blocked by the AK operating system so it shows the "there are no files" message. You have to manage the playlists by using the PLAYLIST option on the Home Screen. Since I do not have my AK380 anymore, I can not walk you through the steps to do it, but it works just like the AK380 manual (pages 30 - 32) says. The download link for the manual is https://www.astellnkern.com/eng/con...rd=&cg=&goods=SC10720&idx=1000044&page=1&no=1

Creating a Playlist
1. Press [Playlist - Playlists] from the
home screen to display a list of
playlists.
2. Press [+] at the upper-right corner
of the screen.
3. Enter a name for the playlist, and
then press [Add] to create a new
playlist

Adding a Song to a Playlist
1. Press [Playlists] to display a list of
playlists.
2. Select a playlist and press [+ Add]
to display a list of songs.
3. Select the desired song, and then
press [+ Add] to add the song to
the selected playlist.

I'm sorry to not walk you through it, but I sold my AK380 and shipped it off to the buyer yesterday. I think it works the same as my KANN does so the simple steps are:
  1. Select PLAYLIST from the Home Screen.
  2. Select PLAYLISTS from the next screen.
  3. Select + from the upper right to add a new playlist.
  4. Give it a name and press CREATE from the upper right to add the new playlist.
  5. Select the playlist to open it.
  6. Press Add from the middle just below the line to load a list of your tracks.
  7. Tap the tracks you want to add to highlight them,
  8. Press Add from the upper right to add the selected tracks to your playlist.
I tried to do exactly as you described (and the manual), when I press playlist from the home screen it says "loading" and nothing happens, you can see it on one of the fotos I attached above.
I really don't know why it doesnt work.

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #8,864 of 9,041
Do you have one of the filters on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back