Astell&Kern AK380
May 3, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #5,041 of 9,041
  i will skip the tabasco sauce and go straight for the red carolina reaper pepper. over 2.2 scoville heat units.

I think you meant 2.2 million :).

May 3, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #5,042 of 9,041
same difference...

devil_face.gif

May 3, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #5,043 of 9,041
  hey mr gavin, did you order that double quarter pounder without red cheese enchiladas and the cheese burger with red cheese enchiladas?  both looks tastefully enticing.

LOL I believe we both had a Sirloin Steak at 11 in the morning, yesterday........was starving
biggrin.gif

The Japanese are really quite thoughtful in how they package items etc., within the Dignis case packaging is this, the cutest micro sd card storage case that is made to look like a vinyl album!

Wonderfully useful, and beautifully detailed like using dices for indication. I adore simple things like this
ksc75smile.gif

May 3, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #5,046 of 9,041

Duh.......lol yes will choose 2 of my favs.  Hey Gavin, long time no speak, thanks for the answer.  I'll try both models if they have.

Yup been a while, my friend!!!

Irrespective, if you do like the Stock 380 over your 240, then hunt the Cu down if possible.

The effortless and non fatiguing presentation of the Cu is highly addictive............and of course then the Cu amp

Highly recommended!!!
ksc75smile.gif

May 3, 2016 at 10:13 PM Post #5,047 of 9,041
Yup been a while, my friend!!!

Irrespective, if you do like the Stock 380 over your 240, then hunt the Cu down if possible.

The effortless and non fatiguing presentation of the Cu is highly addictive............and of course then the Cu amp

Highly recommended!!!:ksc75smile:  

It IS addictive. Effortless, non fatiguing, addictive, lush, detailed, simply sublime. lol.. running out of words..
The thing I really like about the AK380, is that it is now replacing lots of other source gears.

1. My poor dedicated audio system cd player has not been used for quite a while. Its duty was taken over by the AK380 CU and its dedicated cradle and balanced out.

2. I now have a (effortless, non fatiguing........) network audio player, streaming music from my PC

3. I can take my (effortless, non fatiguing...) for my daily commute, travels....

4. I can use bluetooth APTx CSR or a (3.5mm to 3.5mm cable)and stream music to a pair of KEF MUO for high quality stereo in hotel rooms during my travels.

5. It is now the source for my car audio. car DSD and HD audio anyone?

I would like to think that because it has so many uses, it is value for money and not overpriced... my justification for paying that much. lol

Though one can use other AK portable devices for any of the points mentioned.. None of them can do it as well...

PS... and it looks good as well, even with patina.

May 3, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #5,048 of 9,041
Mmm......I am trying to figure out what the best way to STORE the AK 380 cu that would minimize oxidization. I regularly cycle several DAPs. Even untouched, the oxidization process continues. I've tried storing it in a Pelican, with moisture absorbent packets. It works reasonably well in retarding the process of oxidization ( or tarnishing) while in storage. But not good enough. I will try storing it in a vacuum-sealed container. With no  oxygen, I figure the tarnishing will be very minimal (oxygen + moisture = tarnishing of copper).

May 3, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #5,049 of 9,041
  Mmm......I am trying to figure out what the best way to STORE the AK 380 cu that would minimize oxidization. I regularly cycle several DAPs. Even untouched, the oxidization process continues. I've tried storing it in a Pelican, with moisture absorbent packets. It works reasonably well in retarding the process of oxidization ( or tarnishing) while in storage. But not good enough. I will try storing it in a vacuum-sealed container. With no  oxygen, I figure the tarnishing will be very minimal (oxygen + moisture = tarnishing of copper).

Treat it like a camera lens...use a humidity controlled safe...plug power and set the humidity that you want with peace of mind

May 3, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #5,050 of 9,041

Use alcohol to clean thoroughly to get all the grease and grime off, then wrap in Clingfilm....and make air tight so a few layers....

Your mum won't mine you using all the Clingfilm, just say I don't need packed lunches anymore........
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #5,052 of 9,041
Mmm.....I use alcohol to clean the cu before applying the copper polish to easily remove the tarnish. After buffing, I re-apply copper polish  to act as a sealant (also buffed out). No alcohol after that. . I'll try cling wrap. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back