Astell&Kern AK380
May 3, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #5,027 of 9,041
Hi everyone. New to the forums. Well, as in new post (my first). I've actually spent some time (weeks) reading posts on this forum and have finally swapped my 240 for a 380 (not the copper as aesthetically it doesn't appeal to me). I also bought the ripper and the amp. In the past I've had a 120 then 240 (as I said) and now the 380. So just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone here for the information about this new (to me) player and for the help in making up my mind to swap. Thanks. Oh, btw, if this post is in the wrong place I apologise - it is, as I said, my first.

May 3, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #5,028 of 9,041
  Hi everyone. New to the forums. Well, as in new post (my first). I've actually spent some time (weeks) reading posts on this forum and have finally swapped my 240 for a 380 (not the copper as aesthetically it doesn't appeal to me). I also bought the ripper and the amp. In the past I've had a 120 then 240 (as I said) and now the 380. So just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone here for the information about this new (to me) player and for the help in making up my mind to swap. Thanks. Oh, btw, if this post is in the wrong place I apologise - it is, as I said, my first.

Welcome to Head-Fi; Sorry for your wallet; and please continue to follow and post.

May 3, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #5,029 of 9,041
  Could you please elaborate why is it so? 

Handy for murder
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 3, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #5,030 of 9,041

welcome to the elite club, as louis armstrong says "best of the best of the best" cu . you might want to give a try to the ak380cu and maybe come to the dark side one day. 
evil_smiley.gif
  you will be feeling the effects of an anemic wallet tho. also top ramen noodles & sardines will be food of choice if your moolah game isn't on point. no biggie but welcome again...
wink.gif

May 3, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #5,031 of 9,041
  ...top ramen noodles & sardines will be food of choice if your moolah game isn't on point.

Such luxury...  I just camp out of a Chick-fil-A for the smell and eat newspapers.

May 3, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #5,034 of 9,041
  Such luxury...  I just camp out of a Chick-fil-A for the smell and eat newspapers.

So you starve on Sunday's?

Do the Chickens go to Chruch on Sundays and have the day off?

Question:  Hopefully will A/B the 380 to my 240, tomorrow.  You folks who have thoroughly A/B both, what 2 songs would you suggest I use as a test?

May 3, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #5,035 of 9,041

Do the Chickens go to Chruch on Sundays and have the day off?

Question:  Hopefully will A/B the 380 to my 240, tomorrow.  You folks who have thoroughly A/B both, what 2 songs would you suggest I use as a test?

Not sure, but you can only enjoy slaughtered chickens Monday through Saturday at Chick Fil A. I wont lie, Sundays I sometimes want to go and then remember they are closed.

May 3, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #5,036 of 9,041
Fun lunch with fellow head fi-er and good friend...who was adamant no amp 5 weeks ago...hi gain, no LED and FW 1.24 is the way to go
smily_headphones1.gif

With or without...

hey mr gavin, did you order that double quarter pounder without red cheese enchiladas and the cheese burger with red cheese enchiladas?  both looks tastefully enticing.

May 3, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #5,039 of 9,041
  hey mr gavin, did you order that double quarter pounder without red cheese enchiladas and the cheese burger with red cheese enchiladas?  both looks tastefully enticing.

Don't forget the daily recommended dose of Tabasco Hot Source as instructed by AK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back