Astell&Kern AK380
Mar 1, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #3,766 of 9,040
I saw this a few weeks back and I actually liked the aged antique look. However I didn't appreciate the scratches on it.

Think I will managed mine a little better than the one shown, or try too
confused_face.gif

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #3,767 of 9,040

Gonna spend a few days listening the Queen Discography in DSD on the 380Cu

:ksc75smile:

Freddie Mercury is/was an amazing vocalist, I'd known about Queen for many years, but only after hearing them in a new light was I dumbfounded how actually amazing his vocal range is and the clarity he can draw from balanced armatures.

Be sure to spin: "The Show Must Go On"

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #3,769 of 9,040
:wink:

It is beyond my imagination how one could claim such things with dry eyes. But hey, it seems Im not alone in that. Cheers buddy @ Eroica. Isnt Beethoven's Eroica his 3rd symphony by te way?

It is his third symphony. Eroica4th, represent my favourite symphony - movement. So it is not as the 4th symphony. It is third symphony - 4th movement.

Mar 1, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #3,771 of 9,040
  It never ends......

AK380cu > Brimar Supreme Reference > Empire Ears Zeus  

Just congratulated you a few minutes ago in the Empire Ears thread.  Didn't dawn on me until now how nice the wood faceplate matches the copper of the AK380cu.  Nicely done.

Mar 1, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #3,772 of 9,040
  Seems there is a lot of love for the empire ears IEMs Jazzi also mentioned that they are a great company for IEMs.

Regarding a custom cable for the Zeus... any ideas or is the stock cable good enough? 

Also anyone have feedback regarding the 64 Audio U12.... I like the idea of the ADEL technology but how do they compare to the other TOTL IEMs?

Hi Apina,
I'm loving my RWAK380 + RWAK380 Amp combo sounds amazing... I don't have the U12's and have not listen to them myself but if you have a chance please consider the Shure KSE-1500's. Between the RWAK combo with the Shures are beautifully balanced, highly resolving and dynamic.
Sincerely,
-Speed 

Mar 2, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #3,777 of 9,040
  The stock amp brought the Cu up to another level, anyone compared the stock amp vs the Cu amp?

I didn't think anyone had the cu amp, yet.  Have they been released to the public?

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #3,780 of 9,040
It never ends......

AK380cu > Brimar Supreme Reference > Empire Ears Zeus  

Mmm......I have a Brimar cable for the Layla without the bass adjuster. Is yours adding warmth to your Zeus? My Zeus is still incoming and I'm thinking of possible cable pairing with it. How does the Brimar compare with the upgraded stock cable (Starlight?) on your Zeus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back