Astell&Kern AK380
Feb 27, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #3,706 of 9,040
You should plug the IEMs you're using.

Also where did you obtain that on DSD?

Quote:
  I was listening to Tubular Bells - Mike Oldfield .dsf file

It is not an album I listen to a lot, but today I was mesmorized by Part 1, it was truly mind-blowing... 

From 17 mins onwards, the synth bass was incredulous, it's presence just there huffing away in the background. then, as he introduces the instruments and they pan from left to center and fading off to the right whilst maintaining the melody, and reaching a crescendo when the bells are introduced...phew! 

Surprisingly moved on an emotional level by the piece......
ksc75smile.gif

Must hand it to AK with the 380Cu, it was a listening experience that I will remember for a long while!!!

Feb 27, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #3,712 of 9,040
  I was listening to Tubular Bells - Mike Oldfield .dsf file

It is not an album I listen to a lot, but today I was mesmorized by Part 1, it was truly mind-blowing... 

From 17 mins onwards, the synth bass was incredulous, it's presence just there huffing away in the background. Then, as he introduces the instruments and they pan from left to center and fading off to the right whilst maintaining the melody, and reaching a crescendo when the bells are introduced...phew! 

Surprisingly moved on an emotional level by the piece......
ksc75smile.gif

Must hand it to AK with the 380Cu, it was a listening experience that I will remember for a long while!!!

Edit:

Part 2 is just as entertaining.

I must say that the SACD version of this album is the best I have heard. It has more detail, better dynamic range and just sounds so wonderfully involving.

That is an awesome album.

Where did you get your .dsf file from? 

Feb 27, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #3,713 of 9,040
  That is an awesome album.

Where did you get your .dsf file from? 

http://www.sa-cd.net/showreviews/578

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000057NVH/?tag=sacdinfocom-20

I am not such a techie, plus do not really have the time. However, I have a very good friend who does many of my SACD rips for me...

Feb 27, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #3,714 of 9,040

http://www.sa-cd.net/showreviews/578

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000057NVH/?tag=sacdinfocom-20

Thanks!!!! 

Feb 27, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #3,715 of 9,040
I am hoping to get some vinyl rips in the near future, sourced from this beast:-

The Transrotor Tourbillion, Thales tonearm, Koetu Sandal Wood cartridge........

The owner is my good friend, and fellow Head-Fi member with a vast collection of vinyl.

Cannot wait 
wink_face.gif

Feb 27, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #3,716 of 9,040
  I am hoping to get some vinyl rips in the near future, sourced from this beast:-

The owner is my good friend, and fellow Head-Fi member with a vast collection of vinyl.

Cannot wait 
wink_face.gif

he should get himself a real vinyl cleaner, the brush forces down the microscopical dust into the grooves. there are quite a few good ones (not Okki Nokki)
other than that: insane turntable, my 1Xpression Carbon Classic looks like a kindergarten compared to it.

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #3,717 of 9,040
  he should get himself a real vinyl cleaner, the brush forces down the microscopical dust into the grooves. there are quite a few good ones (not Okki Nokki)
other than that: insane turntable, my 1Xpression Carbon Classic looks like a kindergarten compared to it.

He has a dedicated record vacuum cleaner...the brush is, I suppose, a "just in case" 

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #3,718 of 9,040

Cannot wait 
wink_face.gif

Nice.  So much great music is only on vinyl.  No doubt your bud's set up sounds fantastic.  Color me envious with your getting rips off that set up!  Please post some follow ups on how it turns out.

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #3,719 of 9,040

Cannot wait 
wink_face.gif

Woaaaa!   Insane!  :) 

Feb 27, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #3,720 of 9,040
@KeithK

I most certainly will.

It is a wonderful system, ToTL Esoteric SACD player and Clock, All Gryphon amplification with Maggies in a treated dedicated room. Absolutely grand sounding
regular_smile .gif

Edit:

I should add that my friend is a 380Cu owner, tactfully, coming back on topic, and enjoys the player very much!!! So in a roundabout way, that is saying something about the 380Cu's performance.

Win win situation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back