Astell&Kern AK380
Feb 3, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #3,346 of 9,041

Vinnie replaced the ribbon cable with Cardas Golden Section Litz copper wiring so naturally this will help compared to a cheap cable. 
Having another listen last night the soundstage and bass extension is vastly improved compared to the unmodded AK380+Amp.
Also the mids and highs sound a lot more natural.

On what type of recording and which IEM/Headphone?

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #3,348 of 9,041

Did anybody ask where this line comes from

"By the time you read this, the AK380 should be able to stream from Tidal, including lossless 16-bit audio via subscription. The audience for this product wouldn’t balk at the monthly fee of $25.99.
Read more at http://www.soundandvision.com/content/astell-kern-ak380-music-player-review#IjDOzZuOvJvLKBgG.99"

Not that I'm aware of.  I noticed last night someone had asked about Tidal implementation on AK's Facebook page and had, so far, not gotten an answer.

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #3,349 of 9,041

Not that I'm aware of.  I noticed last night someone had asked about Tidal implementation on AK's Facebook page and had, so far, not gotten an answer.

from my AK rep.   question ask last nite.

"Not as of yet. Hoping to launch by end of next month. With any of our devices purchased now or in the past, once it is launched, it will be available through a firmware software update."

Feb 3, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #3,350 of 9,041

It's me who asked the question
biggrin.gif
  And bellow is the answer I just received from A&K.

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #3,351 of 9,041
mmmm........oh......3 storeys.......and......it.....survived, sans wifi and bluetooth.  Glass cracked? Duralumin held its shape? Was it naked? Sorry to hear that.

Can you please show a picture of the manual that is provided with ak380 copper. The one that is written especially for ak380 copper version.

Feb 3, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #3,352 of 9,041

It's me who asked the question
biggrin.gif
  And bellow is the answer I just received from A&K.

I guess consumer gets a different answer. than mines.

Feb 3, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #3,355 of 9,041

It was with its original leather case, one corner of the case was broken, but the machine was OK.

Wow, that's impressive!  Sorry about your wifi connection, but it seems this could have turned out much, much worse!

Feb 3, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #3,356 of 9,041
It was with its original leather case, one corner of the case was broken, but the machine was OK.

That's great, I remember my ak240ss was in my bag with Layla carbon fiber box. They were loose the bag is big. Didn't know they were hitting each other. Ending with one corner bent inside insignificantly, while the box has some hit marks. Imagine ss vs CF :wink:

Feb 4, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #3,358 of 9,041
Munich's High-End show in 3 months.

May be 2014's april-fool will finally turn out to be (almost) real 
biggrin.gif
  At least for the 1 Tb SSD and streaming...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back