Astell&Kern AK T8iE MkⅡ(Impressions and discussions thread)
Mar 29, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #196 of 256
finally pulled the trigger on these, they went on sale locally and couldn't say no. Look forward to getting them next week!

Mar 29, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #197 of 256
finally pulled the trigger on these, they went on sale locally and couldn't say no. Look forward to getting them next week!
Welcome to the club :) - Be sure to try all of your tips, these have so much to offer :)

Mar 31, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #199 of 256
I'm looking forward to trying these in a balanced setup tomorrow, got a Fiio Q5 incoming, will see how they react

Apr 1, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #200 of 256
I'm looking forward to trying these in a balanced setup tomorrow, got a Fiio Q5 incoming, will see how they react
To quote myself, very VERY well! This is going to be a very fun get to know you session.

Apr 1, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #204 of 256
I suppose, if you know what you're EQ'ing!?

The extended treble could be an interesting one to counter (unless extended to some means boosted to others, in which case, quite easy)

Apr 6, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #207 of 256
Got my pair yesterday and straight out the box they are great. The included tips don't get me a good seal so i put on some spiral dots and the seal is good. Haven't tried the foam tips I'll experiment abit more later.

Wonder how Sony hybrids would go actually.

Apr 7, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #208 of 256
By which you mean the Sony hybrid. It comes after two, and before 4...that's it! the N3. And it goes very nicely. Can't comment on the AK, only briefly heard their Dap's which were very impressive with my H3, and cured a lot of the sibilance that in ear was prone to.

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #209 of 256
Sony Hybrid tips.

Spiral dots aren't bad but I'm finding the sub bass a lil much the more I test. Any other tip recommendations for good bass but not overbearing bass while keeping the other frequencies intact?

Btw I had shiver up the spine moment on the queen of all everything - Skylon. These are truly great iems.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #210 of 256
Yeah the spiral dots are just not my preferred tip with the t8ie.

The stock oval tips sound the best but just don't seal for me. Its abit annoying actually.

The complys are the inbetween but still not my preferred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back