Astell&Kern AK T8iE MkⅡ(Impressions and discussions thread)
Mar 19, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #181 of 256
i've been enjoying mine for almost 9 months. pretty much perfect sound sig for my needs, with a nice big airy soundstage (for an iem). my only niggles so far are the subpar isolation (i still have to try them with the spinfit double flanges. the medium single-flanges isolate better, but i can't insert them deep enough for the fit to be super stable), the really lacking build quality of the cables (the sheath has already started to come out of the mmcx connectors, and the L-plug is really small and flimsy. a pity, as they're awesomely comfortable cables otherwise), and the waaay too small carrying case

Mar 19, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #183 of 256
I a new in this thread so may be my question is silly.... currently I am using 1More Triple Driver and B&O H4 with my AK70 player. How is the sound of AK T8IE MKII compare to 1More Triple Driver and B&O H4? Thanks...

Haven't heard either but what I can say is the T8's sound like $900 earphones (comparing to $1000 +/- headphones I've owned).

Mar 19, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #184 of 256
I'll add, having the 1More Triple, that these are so pathetically easy to drive, that even in very modest equipment (right now listening to a Samsung Exynos S9+), that they sound better than using a lower value / quality IEM out of a higher quality source.

Seriously very happy with them, they've made me revaluate quite a few things about audio recently.

Mar 20, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #185 of 256
Actually I am new in high fidelity audio… previously I was very happy with the sound of iPhone pairing with Bose earphone. Now after purchasing AK70 I realized music is something different… Btw my reason for asking cause the country where I am living, I have no option to audition any high end IEM/earphone/headphone due to lack of retailers… so before make any purchase decision through ali-express, I have to totally depend on the review and suggestion
Haven't heard either but what I can say is the T8's sound like $900 earphones (comparing to $1000 +/- headphones I've owned).

Actually I am new in high fidelity audio… previously I was very happy with the sound of iPhone pairing with Bose earphone. Now after purchasing AK70 I realized music is something different… Btw my reason for asking cause the country where I am living, I have no option to audition any high end IEM/earphone/headphone due to lack of retailers… so before make any purchase decision through ali-express, I have to totally depend on the review and suggestion

Mar 20, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #186 of 256
I'll add, having the 1More Triple, that these are so pathetically easy to drive, that even in very modest equipment (right now listening to a Samsung Exynos S9+), that they sound better than using a lower value / quality IEM out of a higher quality source.

Seriously very happy with them, they've made me revaluate quite a few things about audio recently.

Mar 20, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #187 of 256

I can't listen to iem's before purchasing either, and only some headphones.
More expensive doesn't always mean something will be night and day different from what you have, sometimes the difference is subtle and often you can find a good alternative for less money.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #190 of 256
As time passes, it will be interesting to learn how long the German made IEM last. I use mine every day and it is "rough use"; that is, travel, getting bounced around a bit, etc.

If they need replacing, I wonder how many of us will look to the Xelento version...

Mar 26, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #191 of 256
Hopefully getting a pair soon to replace my it03.

Can you get beyer replacements cables?

Seems like there wear out quite quick.

Mar 26, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #192 of 256
Hopefully getting a pair soon to replace my it03.

Can you get beyer replacements cables?

Seems like there wear out quite quick.

I went with the Moon Audio and love it. In terms of wearing out "fast", I think I agree, though I don't know if other stock cables are the same. The Moon Audio is very well made. You give up a bit in size/weight but gain in strength. Since I use mine every day, it is best for me. (my wife, too).

Mar 26, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #193 of 256
On my side, I went with the iBasso CB12 cable.
Despite the 8 cores (4 copper + 4 spc), it is extremely flexible and tangle-free, and you get the nice bass slam of pure copper and the nice treble extension of spc.
One of the best balanced cables I have ever tried, and it is still affordable at 89$.

Mar 26, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #194 of 256
I’m happy with the stock cable right now (really like the case, so conscious that higher grade cables won’t fit)...

My quest of going around tips seems to finally be at an end... I didn’t really get on with the TX200 Complys, but bought some Comply Audio Pro tips (revised TSX), and they’re right on the money for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back