Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Mar 14, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #3,783 of 4,126
Believe it or not, these shot were taken with an iPhone 14 Pro. Using a portable photo studio box, the cables are Effect Audio Leonidas II.
the Leo II are excellent cables and they have smooth out the A18T high, not that they are not great because they are.
But they were smooth out and for longer listening much better than the shipping cables that were a bit fatiguing with long listening session.
I really love this cable and frankly they are expensive, but then again the setup is high end and I thought why not.
I don’t know that I would ever spend that kind of money on cables again but do love them.

Mar 14, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #3,784 of 4,126
Believe it or not, these shot were taken with an iPhone 14 Pro. Using a portable photo studio box, the cables are Effect Audio Leonidas II.
the Leo II are excellent cables and they have smooth out the A18T high, not that they are not great because they are.
But they were smooth out and for longer listening much better than the shipping cables that were a bit fatiguing with long listening session.
I really love this cable and frankly they are expensive, but then again the setup is high end and I thought why not.
I don’t know that I would ever spend that kind of money on cables again but do love them.
I've got the Leonida ll also, along with my SP2000 and U12t's Absolutely an amazing Award winning cable. It's made with palladium which a few years back was selling for more than 24k gold. It's very resistive and they have used "the Golden Ratio" mixed with silver But it's not bright like you would think a silver cable would be.

Unlike a lot of cables that just wrap wires together in a litz fashion. Every single wire is coated so it doesn't touch another wire. The best thing about this cable is it's ability to give a holigraphic sound to the midrange. Something that you can't get Eq'ing no matter how hard you try. But like you said the price. At a grand for the 4 wire which I have it's a little steep. I've heard the Octa 8 wire sounds even better like almost all 8 wires do. Is yours the Octa? I'd like to try the 4 wire Effect Audio Cleopatra. If anybody has a 2pin no ConX and 2.5mm plug and wants to sell shoot me a pm. The Leonidas ll is sadly not made anymore.

Congragulations on your TOTL cable and again nice shots with the new camera.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 3:52 AM Post #3,785 of 4,126
Does anyone have experience using Noble Spartacus with sp3k? In my opinion, they have a lot of highs, I would like to try changing the cable to smooth out the high frequencies a little, please recommend some good one, but not silver

Mar 15, 2024 at 4:23 AM Post #3,786 of 4,126
What tips are you using. Rolling tips far far cheaper than a quality cable.

Mar 15, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #3,791 of 4,126
SP2000 late 2019 release date.
SP3000 late Oct 2022 release date.
Usually in the past the release dates were HiEnd Munich Germany.
So I would say next year at that show pure speculation though

Mar 15, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #3,792 of 4,126
Definitely not normal operation. I see you mentioned having a microSD card in the player. Is it formatted as FAT32 as recommended? Sometimes with the bigger cards, if formatted as another file format, it could cause an issue.

You can format the card as FAT32 from the player itself. Settings -> System Information -> Erase SD Card
Following your advice, I formatted the card via the player. Everything went perfectly. Thanks for the advice. Now everything flies😂 In two hours of listening in a car via LDAC, not a single flight, an hour of listening in headphones - everything is stable!

Mar 15, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #3,794 of 4,126
In past years, High End Munich was where we announced new products, especially A&ultima line. Due to AKM factory fire and unavailability of AKM chips, SP3000 launch was severely delayed. This year, SP3000T and NOVUS were announced at CanJam NYC instead of High End. Usually, we would have waited until High End. SP3000T and NOVUS will highlight High End this year.

Currently no ETA or info on a possible SP4000 any time soon.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Mar 15, 2024 at 4:20 PM Post #3,795 of 4,126
Currently no ETA or info on a possible SP4000 any time soon.
Of course not. Would you really say it otherwise? :)

Please don't misunderstand, it's not personal, after all, none of us would say anything.

The SP4000 is certainly in the pipeline. And why not? And it will certainly come next year. Will anyone accept a bet?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back