Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Aug 29, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #2,896 of 4,126
Hi all, hi @JasonNYC. What I really like about A&K software is that, crossfeed and EQ are also available In BT DAC mode. But the problem is, it is possible to activate and change them before entering the BT DAC mode, but after that it is not possible. As you see in the photo below, I can even enable the pull down menu before entering and it can stay on the screen when I enter the BT DAC mode, but disappears if I touch it (I cannot change anything) and cannot be activated again.

Is this a bug? Is it possible to tweak these settings during BT DAC mode?
20230824_162914_HDR.jpg
Once you enter BT DAC mode, all settings are locked and cannot be changed. You need to make any changes before.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Aug 30, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #2,900 of 4,126
Hi All,

I just received my new SP3000 a couple of days ago and WOW!!! I did have a couple of questions and I apologize if these have been asked previously (I did do some prior research).

1. I updated to the newest Roon Arc. Will there ever be an update where it bypasses the Android 48khz resample rate? Also, if you are using DAR, which upsamples to DSD 256 or PCM 352/384 does it really matter?

2. Will Roon Remote ever be integrated with Roon Ready devices? This defeats the purpose of it being portable, does it not? Although I do understand it's not solely designed for DAP.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #2,901 of 4,126
Thank you
Hi All,

I just received my new SP3000 a couple of days ago and WOW!!! I did have a couple of questions and I apologize if these have been asked previously (I did do some prior research).

1. I updated to the newest Roon Arc. Will there ever be an update where it bypasses the Android 48khz resample rate? Also, if you are using DAR, which upsamples to DSD 256 or PCM 352/384 does it really matter?

2. Will Roon Remote ever be integrated with Roon Ready devices? This defeats the purpose of it being portable, does it not? Although I do understand it's not solely designed for DAP.

Thank you!
I find DAR DSD sounds better than PCM. More resolution, bigger sound stage.

Aug 30, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #2,902 of 4,126
Hi All,

Thank you!
Roon says ARC bit perfect on dap is in the que. When we are at home there is usually a tablet, phone or computer for roon control. On the road ARC is an integrated solution. Enjoy your new SP3000!!

Aug 30, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #2,903 of 4,126
Thank you
I find DAR DSD sounds better than PCM. More resolution, bigger sound stage.
They're both great, but the source makes the biggest difference to me.

Native player = Roon Ready > Qobuz > Roon Arc.

Aug 30, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #2,904 of 4,126
Roon says ARC bit perfect on dap is in the que. When we are at home there is usually a tablet, phone or computer for roon control. On the road ARC is an integrated solution. Enjoy your new SP3000!!
Thanks for the update! I def see your point and love Roon more than other platforms. The Arc re-sample issue is the one thing that's slightly annoying.

Aug 30, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #2,905 of 4,126
Thanks for the update! I def see your point and love Roon more than other platforms. The Arc re-sample issue is the one thing that's slightly annoying.
I am a heavy Roon user too but exclusively at home especially with such a jewelry brick like Sp3k CU.
For me to learn more about that DAP Arc use case, how are you guys connecting Sp3k to internet when being not at home?
Mobile phone wifi Hotspot?
Thx and Cheers

Aug 30, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #2,906 of 4,126
I am a heavy Roon user too but exclusively at home especially with such a jewelry brick like Sp3k CU.
For me to learn more about that DAP Arc use case, how are you guys connecting Sp3k to internet when being not at home?
Mobile phone wifi Hotspot?
Thx and Cheers
Mobile phone hotspot for me as it is more secure.

Aug 30, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #2,907 of 4,126
Does anyone use the SP3000 as a streamer and dac in their Hifi system?

I thinking of purchasing one and doing so.
Any opinions would be welcome.
Thank you.
I used to have sp2k + Enleum 23r + Susvara chain. I must say that worked quite well for me in the beginning. However, I soon started longing for things such as more immersion, more space between the notes and more tactile sounding instruments. I wanted to feel the music more. Which led me to firstly replacing the sp2k with a totl desktop dac+clock. And later replacing the Enleum with a tube amp. Safe to say I'm perfectly satisfied now!
So from where I stand: sp2k and sp3k are truly amazing products, with great dacs on board, but best experienced as intended: in combination with totl iem's.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #2,908 of 4,126
I used to have sp2k + Enleum 23r + Susvara chain. I must say that worked quite well for me in the beginning. However, I soon started longing for things such as more immersion, more space between the notes and more tactile sounding instruments. I wanted to feel the music more. Which led me to firstly replacing the sp2k with a totl desktop dac+clock. And later replacing the Enleum with a tube amp. Safe to say I'm perfectly satisfied now!
So from where I stand: sp2k and sp3k are truly amazing products, with great dacs on board, but best experienced as intended: in combination with totl iem's.
Is sp3k better than sp2k?

Aug 31, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #2,909 of 4,126
Is sp3k better than sp2k?
In terms of SQ, both could be your end game. I would not say I vastly prefer one above the other. From memory: sp2k is a bit more neutral, with slightly smaller soundstage, and less power to drive full size headphones.

In terms of UX, sp3k is noticeably faster. For me that was the main reason to upgrade.

If budget is tight, and a slower UX doesn't bother you, then you could score an awesome deal on a used sp2k cu and be very very happy.

If money is in abundance, try sp3k with Multiverse Mentor or Meze 109 pro.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #2,910 of 4,126
In terms of SQ, both could be your end game. I would not say I vastly prefer one above the other. From memory: sp2k is a bit more neutral, with slightly smaller soundstage, and less power to drive full size headphones.

In terms of UX, sp3k is noticeably faster. For me that was the main reason to upgrade.

If budget is tight, and a slower UX doesn't bother you, then you could score an awesome deal on a used sp2k cu and be very very happy.

If money is in abundance, try sp3k with Multiverse Mentor or Meze 109 pro.
Thanks for your reply, I’m already an owner of the sp3k, but I am intrigued by the more neutral sound profile of the sp2k, which I never tried

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back