Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Feb 2, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #1,832 of 4,126
I’ve bought a 512g SD card. When first inserting into the SP3000 do I need to format it on the device before I can use it?

Feb 2, 2023 at 5:24 AM Post #1,833 of 4,126
rebooting several times after one day use, same longer boot up time compared to 1.14 version
Same for me. Much longer boot time (1tb extreme)

Feb 2, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #1,834 of 4,126
Will Astell&Kern ever launch a DAP with a dual OS. A simple OS optimized for sound playing pure audio files and the other as it is. I remember how good AK380 was as a pure music player prior to update 1.40 when streaming was introduced and, I think, closed Android system? Thanks

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #1,835 of 4,126
I’ve bought a 512g SD card. When first inserting into the SP3000 do I need to format it on the device before I can use it?
Based on some users experiences, format in A&K first. That’s what I did and my card works flawlessly.

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #1,836 of 4,126
Based on some users experiences, format in A&K first. That’s what I did and my card works flawlessly.
I agree with this, as well, especially if it is a brand-new, factory-fresh card.

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #1,837 of 4,126
Will Astell&Kern ever launch a DAP with a dual OS. A simple OS optimized for sound playing pure audio files and the other as it is. I remember how good AK380 was as a pure music player prior to update 1.40 when streaming was introduced and, I think, closed Android system? Thanks
I’ve always thought of the A&K players as pure music players up until recently, as the demand for more streaming services has risen. I had a player recently from another manufacturer that had a “music only” OS and it’s all I used on that player and made me realize I wanted to go back to A&K even more. I’m not into any streaming at all, though I know that’s very important to others.

Feb 2, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #1,839 of 4,126
I never formatted. I plug new micro sd card in player move music files over. Never had an issue, and I can boot my device up with 30 seconds.

Feb 2, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #1,840 of 4,126
Same for me. Much longer boot time (1tb extreme)
Yes. Very much longer time. Sometimes it is more than 3 minutes and several times it was more than 5 minutes.
Also sometimes my dap turns off about 60 seconds.
I hope there will be fix with new update.
My last dap lpgt did the same operations in 3-5 seconds.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #1,841 of 4,126
Literally, you want to do that with every dap. Just good practice to format in the player you're going to use.

Feb 2, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #1,842 of 4,126
Hi guys

I have a question.

I have the Ibasso DX320 and absolutely love it.

To me it's does seem to be my end game.

However the SP3000 makes me curious.

Has anyone had any success installing UAPP or PowerAmp apps.

If this is possible then I'd make the leap.

GBA

Feb 2, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #1,843 of 4,126
I’ve always thought of the A&K players as pure music players up until recently, as the demand for more streaming services has risen. I had a player recently from another manufacturer that had a “music only” OS and it’s all I used on that player and made me realize I wanted to go back to A&K even more. I’m not into any streaming at all, though I know that’s very important to others.
"Music only" and "Streaming" are now 2 sides of the same coin, only that with "Music only" you buy the music files before uploading them to your DAP, whereas with "Streaming" you rent the music files and download them to your DAP for offline listening, so the audiophile's ideal DAP brings the two uses together in harmony whilst at the same time purging the Android OS of all those apps and functions that pollute an audiophile listening experience.

Feb 2, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #1,844 of 4,126
"Music only" and "Streaming" are now 2 sides of the same coin, only that with "Music only" you buy the music files before uploading them to your DAP, whereas with "Streaming" you rent the music files and download them to your DAP for offline listening, so the audiophile's ideal DAP brings the two uses together in harmony whilst at the same time purging the Android OS of all those apps and functions that pollute an audiophile listening experience.
I gotchoo! I guess I’m one of the dinosaurs still walking this DAP earth: I still buy CD’s, encode them into ALAC and load them on to my SP3000. I’m fine with all the things that I do with phone…I do with my phone. “Music Only” is my SP3000.

Feb 2, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #1,845 of 4,126
100%. A good DAP should give you great music experience with top notch audio quality and a lot of power. Why should you care in 2023 if the file was at first uploaded or downloaded as long as it rests on the device and gets played the best possible way?

But I agree that all the Android distractions and problems (like missing bitperfect playback on some devices) are best to be avoided. A&K nailed it imo with their latest devices, especially with the SP3000 and It’s nice UX and snappy response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back