Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Feb 2, 2023 at 8:19 PM Post #1,846 of 4,051
Feb 3, 2023 at 1:19 AM Post #1,847 of 4,051
I wanted to check the startup time of my SP3000 with the stopwatch of my smartphone: 44 sec
It seems to me an absolutely normal time

Feb 3, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #1,848 of 4,051
My startup time has extended after updating but I don’t give a damn.
There seems to be a behaviour on this forum that just because people paid 4000 for an item they are entitled to ask the poor AK guy here for a customised experience of the dap. It makes me laugh !

Feb 3, 2023 at 7:21 AM Post #1,849 of 4,051
I gotchoo! I guess I’m one of the dinosaurs still walking this DAP earth: I still buy CD’s, encode them into ALAC and load them on to my SP3000. I’m fine with all the things that I do with phone…I do with my phone. “Music Only” is my SP3000.
You are not alone pal, I am doing almost the same stuff as you, just that I buy CDs & use my AK Ripper to rip them into my SP3000. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Feb 3, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #1,850 of 4,051
You are not alone pal, I am doing almost the same stuff as you, just that I buy CDs & use my AK Ripper to rip them into my SP3000. 🤣 🤣 🤣
You’re missing point because to improve the customization process you should request AK to send somebody out to rip your CDs from your AK ripper into your $40000 music machine.🤣😂

Do people complain as much in the other DAP forums or is it just unique over here?

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #1,851 of 4,051
You’re missing point because to improve the customization process you should request AK to send somebody out to rip your CDs from your AK ripper into your $40000 music machine.🤣😂

Do people complain as much in the other DAP forums or is it just unique over here?
Yeah, the negativity did get to be a little heavy over here in this forum. I am greatly enjoying my SP3000, certainly much more after this weeks’ firmware update. All good with me!

Feb 3, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #1,852 of 4,051
My startup time has extended after updating but I don’t give a damn.
There seems to be a behaviour on this forum that just because people paid 4000 for an item they are entitled to ask the poor AK guy here for a customised experience of the dap. It makes me laugh !
Oh yeah we are entitled because of it 😎 (sorry Jason, no offence!))

I mean it really takes too much time, c’mon.

Feb 3, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #1,853 of 4,051

There are more complaints in others, but other have had more and worse bugs. Exception is Sony. But then there's a removal of high gain crisis they will face soon enough, as Sony has removed high gain in some regions with their new products like they have done in the EU (in the past).

Feb 3, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #1,854 of 4,051
There are more complaints in others, but other have had more and worse bugs. Exception is Sony. But then there's a removal of high gain crisis they will face soon enough, as Sony has removed high gain in some regions with their new products like they have done in the EU (in the past).
ugh I still don't know why. there isn't a US law that really requires this!

Feb 3, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #1,855 of 4,051
ugh I still don't know why. there isn't a US law that really requires this!
I’ve posted the reason, apple is already doing it… they all want to be seen as the good and healthy. Apple has been doing studies and WHO is putting pressure on manufacturers to adopt guidelines

Feb 3, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #1,856 of 4,051
ooops

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #1,857 of 4,051
I’ve posted the reason, apple is already doing it… they all want to be seen as the good and healthy. Apple has been doing studies and WHO is putting pressure on manufacturers to adopt guidelines

ah I guess it'll be up to boutique manufacturers. it's a shame.

Feb 3, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #1,858 of 4,051
ah I guess it'll be up to boutique manufacturers. it's a shame.
They’ll follow once it’s the standard as the politicians will follow suit in EU and other places. It’s voluntary now…

Feb 4, 2023 at 5:03 AM Post #1,859 of 4,051
Kinda curious as to why the government needs to tell people not to damage their own hearing. I certainly don't want or need any more hands on my personal business especially from a government, makes me shudder.

The SP3K is one of the best overall DAP experiences I have had. Sound is A+, which is the primary function.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #1,860 of 4,051
Kinda curious as to why the government needs to tell people not to damage their own hearing. I certainly don't want or need any more hands on my personal business.especially from a government, makes me shudder.

The SP3K is one of the best overall DAP experiences I have had. Sound is A+, which is the primary function.
It should be S+ not A+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back