Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Oct 12, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #346 of 4,129
Oct 12, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #348 of 4,129
Have not responded in the thread yet about the slow boot times as I am still waiting for more info from the dev team and we don't have an SP3000 in the US offices at the moment. I assume, and this is by no means official, that like any other time AK has released a new player UI and new version of Android OS on a player (SP3000 uses Android 11), priority is given to optimizing browsing and playback and then boot times are optimized via firmware update a few weeks after release.

Also, something else to take into account, whenever an AK player is loaded with a decent amount of music or there is a big change in adding/removing music, the player does a deep scan in the background over 5 - 10 retstarts, which tends to slow the player down. Once suggestion is to do a manual media scan to force a complete scan and index one time. This will prevent the player from doing a deep scan on multiple start-ups. Again, don't have a SP3000 here at the moment, so cannot confirm that a manual scan would indeed speed up the initial boot.

Regarding Roon Arc, no update yet. I promise as soon as I do have an update, it will be posted.

My player needs 49 Seconds with only 170 gb from the internal storage

2E607592-DF9B-4618-83EB-651964E08235.jpeg

NOMAX

Oct 12, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #349 of 4,129
Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Oct 12, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #351 of 4,129
NOMAX, I see that you have the SP3K in your signature. Can you share some of your thoughts about the sound?

I have already mentioned a few times that the Utopia as well as the Nutopia make a very good figure sonically in balanced mode 👍
More body, and especially more voice-heavy as SP2000

NOMAX

Oct 12, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #352 of 4,129
Justified for 4300 euros?in 2022?after Sp2000 few years ago
About my feeling? very good for hollywood 🤣

NOMAX

PS.and no one says anything about it in the reviews?😉
I don’t tend to switch it on or off much and so it’s not a deal breaker for me. For me it’s just about the music and what SP3K can do with that music. That’s why I was happy to pay the price for this flagship Dap.

Oct 12, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #354 of 4,129
Don't worry...Stellia as well as all the others I mentioned, the Sp3000 drives it very well in with the 4.4mm or 2.5 mm in balanced mode and can show the potential 👍

NOMAX
I’ve noticed a few comments recently did not include your trademark (seemingly) “P.S.” remarks.
Irritation, like any human response to stimuli, prefers continuity.
Please be perfectly predictable and permit this poor, nerve wracked headfier from piling irritation upon itself.
Thanks 😉

Oct 12, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #355 of 4,129
Just wondering if the sound quality difference worth upgrading from sp2k to sp3k - in my case I don't care at all about starting time, OS, speed, memory.. etc.. I only care about sound. Can someone with dynamic IEMs comment my question please? Also, I am mainly listening streaming (Tidal) - is it realy different for such a low quality music? I really like my copper sp2k (with Sennheiser IE900), so not sure if I really should upgrade.. Thanks in advance, guys.

Oct 13, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #356 of 4,129
Has anyone compared SP3K with DX320?

Moon Audio review said SP3K will beat DX320 easily in sound quality.

"if your number one priority is sound quality, then the SP3000 is going to blow the DX320 out of the water. The iBasso flagship still sounds great, but the new audio circuitry of the SP3000 puts it in another plane of existence entirely."

Honestly I never have A&K DAP, but this time I'm really interested with SP3K, so if its true that SP3K have superior sound quality over DX320 I will definitely going to get one.

Oct 13, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #357 of 4,129
Yey! Just got word that my silver unit is in the mail, I hope it doesn’t take as long as these take to boot up lol

Oct 13, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #358 of 4,129
Have not responded in the thread yet about the slow boot times as I am still waiting for more info from the dev team and we don't have an SP3000 in the US offices at the moment. I assume, and this is by no means official, that like any other time AK has released a new player UI and new version of Android OS on a player (SP3000 uses Android 11), priority is given to optimizing browsing and playback and then boot times are optimized via firmware update a few weeks after release.

Also, something else to take into account, whenever an AK player is loaded with a decent amount of music or there is a big change in adding/removing music, the player does a deep scan in the background over 5 - 10 retstarts, which tends to slow the player down. Once suggestion is to do a manual media scan to force a complete scan and index one time. This will prevent the player from doing a deep scan on multiple start-ups. Again, don't have a SP3000 here at the moment, so cannot confirm that a manual scan would indeed speed up the initial boot.

Regarding Roon Arc, no update yet. I promise as soon as I do have an update, it will be posted.
I wanted to test this on my newly arrived SP3000 but I couldn't identify a way to start a manual scan.

Btw I received a black SP3000 rather than the silver one. Since it looks great I will not bother with the hassle of getting it exchanged from my vendor.

Edit: Am I right in the assumption that there is already a plastic protector pre-applied for the screen and backside? That's at least how it feels.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #359 of 4,129

Tried manual reset. No better. Still nearly 2 minutes before internal and sd show up under folders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back