Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Sep 23, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #17 of 3,979
Not really 🤣

NOMAX

PS.Not even the ACRO CA1000 is able to do this with the Ab1266 😉
Maybe the next one will come soon who thinks the Sp3000 can do with the Susvara 😁

Here a list for what SP3000 can drive Satisfactory

All Focals and the two Mezes (Elite and Empyrean) 👍

Not the Stealth...not the Expanse etc etc
GOD talked...

Sep 23, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #18 of 3,979
NOMAX = annoying

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #19 of 3,979
This is the first time I’ve ever pulled the trigger on something so costly without first doing hours and hours of research beforehand. Normally I read through threads here multiple times for user impressions, check reviews multiple times, and then ask fellow headfi’ers numerous questions. Even then I’m still uncertain. With the SP3000 though, I seemed to just have had a confidence in the product that I made my mind up quickly and pre-ordered it within a couple of days of it being announced. For me that’s both scary and exciting. I’m trying not to count down the days until it’s delivered.

Sep 23, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #20 of 3,979
This is the first time I’ve ever pulled the trigger on something so costly without first doing hours and hours of research beforehand. Normally I read through threads here multiple times for user impressions, check reviews multiple times, and then ask fellow headfi’ers numerous questions. Even then I’m still uncertain. With the SP3000 though, I seemed to just have had a confidence in the product that I made my mind up quickly and pre-ordered it within a couple of days of it being announced. For me that’s both scary and exciting. I’m trying not to count down the days until it’s delivered.
Pretty much the same here, I have a lot of confidence in their products and I’m sure it will be great!

Sep 24, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #22 of 3,979
@JasonNYC — what Android version is in SP3000?

and.- most importantly - does it support the new Roon Arc apk install?

Sep 24, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #23 of 3,979
@JasonNYC — what Android version is in SP3000?

and.- most importantly - does it support the new Roon Arc apk install?
That is entirely up to Apple if they decide to cut support for certain versions of Android. As SP3000 will launch with Android 11, apps should support that version for at least the next 5 years, possibly longer.

Sep 24, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #24 of 3,979
Thanks @LabelH

@JasonNYC — Can you confirm that side load of Arc apk works on on the SP3000?

(or anyone else who may have done so successfully?)

Sep 24, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #26 of 3,979
Android 11

Should have more info on Arc support in the next week or two

Excellent. Thanks @JasonNYC - I will standby. That’s a gating item for me to upgrade from the SP2000 so will wait to hear from you. I know many others will be interested as well.

Much appreciated 🙏

Sep 24, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #27 of 3,979
I have a different question. I understand that putting a browser on a DAP is not really a good idea. The device isn't designed to browse the web and therefore it does a poor job compared to a smartphone.

Trying to access public wifi I've had situations with DAPs that the splash screen of the wifi network to agree to their TOS required to be loaded in a browser. Will the device have that in mind since installing a browser from the APK store is not possible?

Sep 24, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #28 of 3,979
Look forward to getting mine next month.

However, I think it is a rather strange decision to put in a capable cpu&gpu&ram and lock down Android anyway.

@JasonNYC I would appreciate your view on this, thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #30 of 3,979
This may be an early question to ask, but I wonder how long people are planning on burning in the SP3K for? I’m not familiar with AK so I don’t know if they are good straight out the box or whether they need to run for a good number of hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back