Astell&Kern A&futura SE200: First DAP With Multiple DACs - Head-Fi TV
Apr 21, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #751 of 1,165
You need nice nail length to be able to navigate the official case buttons. I never seem to select the one I want. It's pretty lame. And I don't have huge fingers or anything. Since its one flat leather piece, the only button that I can get every time as intended is the power/screen on. I would def prefer a 3rd party case without this depressing design flaw.

Apr 21, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #752 of 1,165
You need nice nail length to be able to navigate the official case buttons. I never seem to select the one I want. It's pretty lame. And I don't have huge fingers or anything. Since its one flat leather piece, the only button that I can get every time as intended is the power/screen on. I would def prefer a 3rd party case without this depressing design flaw.

For me, the „Next“ button also works without problems. But Play/Pause and „Back“ is impossible to use withougt sight, unfortunately. Yes, it is a design flaw indeed. They failed the basic rule „Form follows Funcition“.

Apr 21, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #754 of 1,165
Apr 22, 2021 at 12:21 AM Post #756 of 1,165
Should I get 2 x 512gb MicroSD cards or a single 1Tb Micro SD card and why? Anybody experience the Sandisk Extreme vs Extreme Pro, any difference in sound?
Well a 1tb would be ideal as only 1 micro SD slot. Every time yiu change cards it takes quite some time to scan.

Apr 22, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #758 of 1,165
Apr 22, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #760 of 1,165
Astell&Kern has identified the issues users are having with the embedded Tidal app. Tidal has changed the authentication method used when logging into third-party Tidal apps. Astell&Kern is working as quickly as possible to make the required changes in the embedded app.

New firmware updates for the SP2000, SP1000, SP1000M, SE200, SE100, SR25 and KANN ALPHA will be released in May 2021, which will contain an updated embedded Tidal app to fix the authentication issues.

There is an issue with the new Tidal authentication policies on the following players – KANN CUBE, SA700, SR15, CT15 and CT10. We are looking into ways to continue to support the Tidal app on these players. More information will be available in May 2021.

Tidal is dropping support for older model Android devices. Unfortunately this means Tidal can no longer be supported on the following players due to the new authentication requirements - AK380, AK320, AK300, AK70 MKII, AK70, AK240, AK120II, AK100II.

Last edited:
Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Apr 22, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #761 of 1,165
Astell&Kern has identified the issues users are having with the embedded Tidal app. Tidal has changed the authentication method used when logging into third-party Tidal apps. Astell&Kern is working as quickly as possible to make the required changes in the embedded app.

New firmware updates for the SP2000, SP1000, SP1000M, SE200, SE100, SR25 and KANN ALPHA will be released in May 2021, which will contain an updated embedded Tidal app to fix the authentication issues.

There is an issue with the new Tidal authentication policies on the following players – KANN CUBE, SA700, SR15, CT15 and CT10. We are looking into ways to continue to support the Tidal app on these players. More information will be available in May 2021.

Tidal is dropping support for older model Android devices. Unfortunately this means Tidal can no longer be supported on the following players due to the new authentication requirements - AK380, AK320, AK300, AK70 MKII, AK70, AK240, AK120II, AK100II.
Thanks for the update @JasonNYC. Would you mind sharing which Android version is running on the now unsupported devices and which version do we have on current devices like SE200?

Apr 22, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #762 of 1,165
And if anyone is upset with this news, let Tidal know it is unacceptable given their subscription base's use case and devices. Hit them where it hurts, their profit margins. Audiophiles are one of the only reason's they stay viable. They are under the impression they can exist like Spotify and play to the folks that don't care about quality as much, but they are a drop in the bucket compared to even Deezer, and without us, they would have died out years ago.

Apr 22, 2021 at 3:09 PM Post #763 of 1,165
And if anyone is upset with this news, let Tidal know it is unacceptable given their subscription base's use case and devices. Hit them where it hurts, their profit margins. Audiophiles are one of the only reason's they stay viable. They are under the impression they can exist like Spotify and play to the folks that don't care about quality as much, but they are a drop in the bucket compared to even Deezer, and without us, they would have died out years ago.
If Spotify hifi comes out and can rival Tidal for sound quality I’ll be jumping ship real fast.

Apr 22, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #764 of 1,165
There are so many allegations against Tidal, including them lying on subscriber count, applying EQ to everything, advertising compressed music as lossless high rez, etc. I'm not sure if any of these claims are true but this news is another bad data point. I switched to Qobuz and haven't looked back since. Qobuz at least seems like they care about music quality. They have a separate news section with hifi reviews.

Apr 22, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #765 of 1,165
There are so many allegations against Tidal, including them lying on subscriber count, applying EQ to everything, advertising compressed music as lossless high rez, etc. I'm not sure if any of these claims are true but this news is another bad data point. I switched to Qobuz and haven't looked back since. Qobuz at least seems like they care about music quality. They have a separate news section with hifi reviews.
They are true and there is proof out there about tidal doing these things then censoring the evidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back