Asking for headphone advice
Jan 10, 2012 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Norava

New Head-Fier
Hiya Head-Fi  I've decided  to replace my  now broken  hpx headphones with some new shiny ones :D however of course in the process of  this  I have accidently given  myself a window for buying them (Found hd580s for 150) so thus I ask you all who hopefully might read  this, to recommend a  good  200 dollar (including but not limited to ebaying)  set of headphones. I would use them for occasional listening involving  not really that bassy techno, occasionally classical, and    for when I'm gaming (l4d2, skyrim  secondlife and/or tf2 along with various random things). I mainly prefer headphones that produce  the more   realistic of sounds over something bass heavy as I'm not really big on bass. Any advice?

Edit: Oh also I should probably mention I have a Astro Mixamp to drive the headphones

Jan 10, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
Hiya Head-Fi  I've decided  to replace my  now broken  hpx headphones with some new shiny ones :D however of course in the process of  this  I have accidently given  myself a window for buying them (Found hd580s for 150) so thus I ask you all who hopefully might read  this, to recommend a  good  200 dollar (including but not limited to ebaying)  set of headphones. I would use them for occasional listening involving  not really that bassy techno, occasionally classical, and    for when I'm gaming (l4d2, skyrim  secondlife and/or tf2 along with various random things). I mainly prefer headphones that produce  the more   realistic of sounds over something bass heavy as I'm not really big on bass. Any advice?

Sennheiser HD-558.

Jan 10, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
even over the hd580s if I can get the for around  200 on say ebay?

Best price for the Senn HD-558s is around $150

I know nothing about the HD-580s, but others have recommended them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back