Ask the user above anything about his gear.
Jan 19, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #16 of 91

Quote:
Quote:
Wouldnt PMs serve this purpose better?

actually i did this because i didnt wanted to creep out ppl sending PMs

Quote:
Check my profile, and ask away

since you have no one asking.in which aspect the XB700 compares to the LCD2? 
popcorn.gif

mmmm none? They both have huge ear cups XD?

Nah really the XB700 are great if you want lots of bass for cheap... but the LCD-2 wipe the floor with them in terms of bass linearity and detail... they can also go MUCH louder without any distortion and the rest of the spectrum sounds amazing to boot... to get the amazing bass there are no trade offs with the LCD-2... they are even open headphones too... Never any lack of clarity and always playing fully what was recorded (imo and etc)

The XB700 have a tinny kind of sound in the highs, muffled mids, and lots of bass that never really seems to satisfy no matter how loud imo.

Like apples to oranges and I am not trying to be an audiophile drama queen.

One headphone is closed, 80$ and has like 20dB boosts from 20hz to 100 hz.

The other is open, 995$ and flat from 10hz-1khz

But I am assuming you were expecting this response :wink:

Jan 20, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #17 of 91

A

: D...... How would you say the grado hf2 compares to the hp2. Also, out of your amps, which would you say pairs best with your hf2?I'm also up for questions

The HP-2 is clean and clear. Not the last word in resolution, but the tonal balance is superior. They pull the "disappearing trick" where you lose awareness that you have headphones on and you get lost in the music. Very few headphones pull that off. The HF-2 sounds like a John Grado headphone, but a little darker and bassier. It's a fun headphone, but not much like the HP-2.

I like to drive the HP-2 off the Zana Deux. It's clean and crisp with just a hint of warmth. The HF-2 is fun with the Zana, but some mids coloration off the Si2A3 is a good time. This is subject to change, though. I should have three more amps online in the next few months, as soon as the workshop is set up. One is the Brute Force, an OTL with tubed rectifiers and regulators. 90% complete, but I need a drill press to mount the front and back panels. In parts is a Ciuffoli SESS, using 417A tubes. It has output transformers. Finally, a Dynamid/Gilmore Reference. I have two completed Dynalos and two STEPS power supplies. I just need to case them. This used to be considered a top amp around here, and I want to know what the superb Dynalo sounds like bridged and balanced. There are four or five other amps in the works, but these will be done first.

rroseperry, just get a RS-1. Anyone who loves the Grado house sound ends up with a RS-1 sooner or later. Might as well skip the intermediate steps.

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #20 of 91
Is the forum moderated 24 hours? I found spams are removed quickly.

I also understand that many of you are busy with your day jobs so thanks for keeping this forum in good shape.

Jan 20, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #21 of 91
nice threat, I'll answer, although I don't have so much experience as some of the other guys

Jan 20, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #23 of 91
worst headphone sound ever heard

Jan 20, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #24 of 91
don't think it helps you, but you wanted 5 words on it, so you'll get five:)

it's true though

Jan 20, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #26 of 91
I found it too dark, lacking of dynamics and not transparent enough for my taste. Not musical. They say the can suits electronic music more, but I don't listen to that. Rock related music was perceived as awful by me through this.

I'm listening to HD600 and also 650's the last few days and find myself surprisingly liking the 650's (more then I thought I would be), which are known to be dark too, but that's another story than TMA's sound.

Hope it's a little bit clear, I'm not as good in describing sound as some of the more experienced guys here, but I do know what I hear, better everyday actually.

Jan 20, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #27 of 91
I've taken this to this threat, because it's too offtopic to answer in the original threat

Quote:
Quote:
yes, just messing:)
beerchug.gif

O btw how do you like the t50p compared to the hd600 or hd650s.

Silence, that's a bit hard to compare for me. The t50's are used only for portable usage on the go, the HD600/650's are full size cans in mid end, not closed and for home usage. I have the 600 and 650's for a couple of days now, don't even made up my mind which one I'm keeping from those 2 (actually surprised to be leaning towards keeping the 650's).

The t50's didn't bring me to portable headphone nirvana, but are the closest I got this far. They're something very special. They are very detailed, unforgiving, pretty high on treble, very transparent, yet do have bass. The sound can be a little too thin but it's pretty forward sounding, i like that on the go. They surprised me in that they're pretty dependant on portable amping actually.

600/650's are more complete, extremely comfortable full size cans, but aren't exciting, especially the 650's. But I like that for a difference actually. I like to rock out sometimes with headphones, very actively listening (Grado, DT990, D7000), but sometimes I like to listen in a more relaxed state, f.e. when I'm tired, heard too much noises during the day, or when I want to listen while doing other things or listen to specific things. The Senns are very nice to have for these moments.

If you're choosing headphones for home usage, I don't think t50's are your best option; you can do better for 250 euro / 300 usd.
Th 

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #28 of 91

Quote:
I've taken this to this threat, because it's too offtopic to answer in the original threat

Quote:
Quote:
yes, just messing:)
beerchug.gif

O btw how do you like the t50p compared to the hd600 or hd650s.

Silence, that's a bit hard to compare for me. The t50's are used only for portable usage on the go, the HD600/650's are full size cans in mid end, not closed and for home usage. I have the 600 and 650's for a couple of days now, don't even made up my mind which one I'm keeping from those 2 (actually surprised to be leaning towards keeping the 650's).

The t50's didn't bring me to portable headphone nirvana, but are the closest I got this far. They're something very special. They are very detailed, unforgiving, pretty high on treble, very transparent, yet do have bass. The sound can be a little too thin but it's pretty forward sounding, i like that on the go. They surprised me in that they're pretty dependant on portable amping actually.

600/650's are more complete, extremely comfortable full size cans, but aren't exciting, especially the 650's. But I like that for a difference actually. I like to rock out sometimes with headphones, very actively listening (Grado, DT990, D7000), but sometimes I like to listen in a more relaxed state, f.e. when I'm tired, heard too much noises during the day, or when I want to listen while doing other things or listen to specific things. The Senns are very nice to have for these moments.

If you're choosing headphones for home usage, I don't think t50's are your best option; you can do better for 250 euro / 300 usd.
Th 

Nah I have my stats for home usage :)
Just wondering how the mini-tesla holds up to the full size dynamics

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #29 of 91
ow ok
well, they do hold up to full sized mid-end cans better then p5's and ESW9's

didn't hear the big circumaural tesla yet though

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #30 of 91

Is the forum moderated 24 hours? I found spams are removed quickly.

I also understand that many of you are busy with your day jobs so thanks for keeping this forum in good shape.

There aren't any set schedules, but there are mods and admins in several timezones around the world. Someone is almost always around. And thanks for the compliment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back