Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Jan 18, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #617 of 2,994
But Indians are not mongoloids like Kazakhs. Also there are many Kazakhs living in western China.

Anyways I'm not going to bother this thread because there is not much to offer from Kazakhstan.

Keep on posting. Enjoyed all 3.

Jan 20, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #618 of 2,994

Been digging this K-POP song lately.

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #619 of 2,994
Here is a bit more Kazakhstani music. There is not much music which I like. Russian language's position is very strong in Kazakhstan. For a Kazakhstani singer the ultimate success is to get attention in Russia while Kazakhstani market is very small and insignificant. 

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #621 of 2,994

Quote:
And keep posting if you have anymore, Mutabor.

Thanks for your interest I will post some more. The next video reflects the spirit of kazakh culture. There is something shamanic in it. I personally like everything which is modern and contemporary and I'm not into Kazakh traditions. 

Kazakhstani Kairat Tuntekov sings a French song in Latvia. I'm not sure if it is of any interest. He has a very thin voice and is a fan of Michael Jackson.

Some feel-good optimistic music.

Jan 22, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #622 of 2,994
That Rin'go Tolgau music video was really cool. The music structure was a bit basic, but I really got the feel of the spirit like you mentioned. Shamanic is right, the rhythm and simplicity really drove home a ritualistic experience.

Wasn't much of a fan of the singer in the second video. Not my thing.

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #623 of 2,994

Quote:
That Rin'go Tolgau music video was really cool. The music structure was a bit basic, but I really got the feel of the spirit like you mentioned. Shamanic is right, the rhythm and simplicity really drove home a ritualistic experience.

It's difficult to mix Kazakh cultural background with modern trends. Usually such songs contain patriotic intentions. Among youth most popular are RnB, rap or just plain pop.

Here is a mix of RnB and Rap. The second is rap ( the video was shot in Saint-Petersburg, Russia)

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #626 of 2,994
Not sure why but I'm loving this:

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #628 of 2,994

Quote:
Anyone here like Cherry Filter?
Some of their songs are pretty good although I don't listen to a lot of k-rock...

I'm currently too addicted to listening to kpop.

Yeah, they are pretty good. I used to listen to them a lot back in the day.

Speaking of K-Rock, Nell's coming back soon. Pretty excited, their albums and concert DVD is still one of my cherished albums of all time. It's a shame it's almost impossible to find their 1st indie album without dishing out 300 dollars or so.

P.S Can't wait for m-flo's new album.

Love these guys too.

Jan 25, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #629 of 2,994
Thanks for posting Nell--I really liked "Tokyo" and "Last Advice" from them. (And it's great to see people posting indie and non-mainstream stuff from Korea. The typical K-Pop is so shallow and cliched--mostly just a bunch of plastic manufactured idols shaking their ass in front of the camera, without anything profound to express as a creative talent. But then again, we can say that about all the typical pop from around the world.)

I have posted Fanny Fink Before, but here are two more from them that I really love:

This hard rock/metal band (Assassin) is from Taiwan. I was friends with them when I used to write songs for pop singers in Taiwan during the 90's. This song is several years old though:

Here's a Taiwanese blackened death metal band. This song's lyrics is really freaky--all about Chinese black magic, hell, death, suffering...etc, and it's sung in Taiwanese (not Mandarin):

Here's a pretty interesting singer from China (Huang "Isabella" Ling)--she's got excellent vocal techniques and a kind of alternative influence. The lyrics are excellent too--poetic and thoughtful:

This music video pissed off all the fans, because they thought the director was a complete moron for making Isabella wear that ridiculous makeup and looking terrible, when in fact she's quite beautiful. The lyrics are really beautiful for this song, a poetic take on sexual desire/obsession that's nothing like typical pop lyrics.

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #630 of 2,994
Wow that Nell - Stay track was awesome. Great band. Not usually a fan of anyone who sings a great deal of falsetto (almost none in 'Stay') but it works and I enjoyed all of their songs.

--

Tried the Fanny Fink songs and while I think I like them (though a bit too cute), the piano overbears greatly. It may have to do with my current audio setup as I'm without a DAC (while my Bifrost is repaired) so I'm straight out of my sound card :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back