Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Jan 3, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #601 of 2,994
Hatsune Miku & CV03 Megurine Luka - Magnet Live in Tokyo, Japan

i know probably most of you probably know about this but i just found this and i have to say this is defiantly pretty darn cool. i didn't know holograms could perform like that, and of all things, perform for live shows! also i like the....mmmm...curves...i mean outfits...i mean music! i meant music! okay....i be lying if i didn't like the outfits. you know what i mean. or do you?

Jan 4, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #602 of 2,994

Quote:

Wow, now that really got my attention. Love the guitar and bass arrangements (though the drums were overbearing). And it makes a world of difference to have the lyrics subtitled in a language you are fluent in. 

The vocal styles of both singers matched so well, and reminded me of Barbee Boys, a kickass Japanese rock band from the 80's that also had a male and female vocalist. Here are a couple from them (I don't remember if I posted them before):

Here's something totally different and maybe a bit off-topic, but here's an excellent Japanese high school marching band that has won a lot of hearts in the U.S. when they toured. They have one of the best musicianship I've ever heard from a school marching band (high school or university), and the best balanced orchestration from a school band. All the other high school/university marching band I've ever heard--including award winning ones--have terrible balance in orchestration. They really enjoyed themselves too--the fun atmosphere and interaction with the crowd is so different from other school marching bands:

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #604 of 2,994

Quote:
Here's something totally different and maybe a bit off-topic, but here's an excellent Japanese high school marching band that has won a lot of hearts in the U.S. when they toured. They have one of the best musicianship I've ever heard from a school marching band (high school or university), and the best balanced orchestration from a school band. All the other high school/university marching band I've ever heard--including award winning ones--have terrible balance in orchestration. They really enjoyed themselves too--the fun atmosphere and interaction with the crowd is so different from other school marching bands:

Nice! I don't know too many high school bands, but I've heard of the Sanyo Okayama Band and Garfield Symphony Orchestra before.

Sanyo Okayama Band - Quincy Magic

Garfield Symphony Orchestra - Rachmaninoff: Symphony in E minor, No. 2 - II - Allegro molto

Jan 5, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #605 of 2,994

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #606 of 2,994
Just started the Chaos Head anime and normally I skip the ending song, but this one caught me right away. It's about half english half japanese, but the beat is tremendous. Love it.

Kagami Seira - Super Special

Took me a while to find a version with decent audio quality on youtube. Some reason the 360p version sounds better than 480p, though.

---

Luna, that Kyoto Tachibana group was amazing. The level of playing top to bottom from high school players is astounding. Many of those players would be capable of professional gigs here in the states. Talent is not so great at high school level here.

Jan 6, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #607 of 2,994
@ Stig San

Great list. My favorites were 3nd and LITE. LITE especially because I've never heard minimalist rock before and it was very interesting.

Jan 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #614 of 2,994
Hey, it's also Asia. Kazakhstan.

Dinara Sultan: the first song is sung in Russian, the second in Kazakh, the third in Russian

If you see it that way then there is a surprising lack of Indian music.

I think the OP meant East-Asian (how is the capitalization on that word?) music.

Jan 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #615 of 2,994

Quote:
If you see it that way then there is a surprising lack of Indian music.
I think the OP meant East-Asian (how is the capitalization on that word?) music.

But Indians are not mongoloids like Kazakhs. Also there are many Kazakhs living in western China.

Anyways I'm not going to bother this thread because there is not much to offer from Kazakhstan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back