Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Sep 17, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #2,763 of 2,994
p3.jpg

Sep 18, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #2,767 of 2,994
Just looked up who produced 'Red Flavor' and it was Caesar & Loui. They also produced Red Velvet's crappy new song, Zimzalabim. I think 'Red Flavor' track put them on the map, and just because one song was produced well doesn't mean the same producer can make similar hits. They don't seem like consistantly good producers.

After 'Red Flavor,' all their songs just went down hill.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #2,770 of 2,994
Their choreography is pretty interesting and fitting.

Fun tune. Too much DRC, but I like the up-beat vibe and choreo. Enjoyed the Stella Jang vid as well. Yu Huiyeol often has good artists on his show.

A couple more by Ms. Jang. My apologies if these were already posted. They only play on YT, hence the links...

"No Question" (with Mad Clown)
"I Go"

Sep 19, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #2,771 of 2,994
Also checking out a new track by a Chinese group called Fanxy Red. Fyi, the group is all female, and was formerly called Acrush. (Sidenote: Wikipedia actually describes them as "cisgender", which was a new term to me. It's supposedly the opposite of "transgender". And refers to men or women who identify as their gender at birth.)

This song confused me at first, because it sounded like they were sayin "T or P", rather than T.O.P. Then I read some of the comments on YT. And apparently there may be a double-meaning in both the lyrics and title. Supposedly, in Chinese, "T" means butch/masculine, and "P" means feminine. So the lyrics in the chorus could mean "Ima be your butch or fem", as well as your "top". A third possible meaning for T.O.P could be truth or percent, for the chatroom game.

K-pop version:

C-pop version:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #2,772 of 2,994
Fun tune. Too much DRC, but I like the up-beat vibe and choreo. Enjoyed the Stella Jang vid as well. Yu Huiyeol often has good artists on his show.

A couple more by Ms. Jang. My apologies if these were already posted. They only play on YT, hence the links...

"No Question" (with Mad Clown)
"I Go"
I think the tune is crap (I really dislike kpop tunes these days), but the choreography works really well with the tune, and I like the non-typical dance style. It's more hip-hop like vs the usual stuff. Shows off their energy a bit. They must have performed much better for this vid because their live performances weren't as well performed, being a bit slow. I like the quick, snappy movements from this vido, which I believe the hip-hop style should be performed (snappy like popping).

Their dance style does seem to fit them with the tracks. The tracks are a bit of an aggressive vibe. Opposite end of the specteum would be soft vibe like Gfriend.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #2,773 of 2,994
Their choreography is pretty interesting and fitting.

ITZY's Choreographies were created by Brian Friedman. It seems kpop's content is bought from various creators. He seems to be be a consultant for choreography, and seems to specialize in female choreography. As can tell by the background music, he was the choreographer for you know who.

He Choreographed NSYNC's "Pop" performed by Yeji

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #2,774 of 2,994
Anyone from Korea here? I occasionally have the want to buy FLACs of kpop music, however ALL their sites requires a Korean HP and Credit Card. Basically NO foreigners allowed.
Would be nice to have contacts in Korea whereby I could source songs that I want from Bugs, Melon, Mnet, etc.
Your advantage would be I am willing to pay for the songs and you also get to keep a copy for yourself for free!

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #2,775 of 2,994
Saw this Youtube channel that shows visualization of kpop view count comparisons, and it really surprises me how much viewing Blackpink gets. I'm not into them myself, but just really surprised. It's just one of those things I cannot understand I guess. Like, why is BTS so big? Basically, top JYP and YG artists dominates the view counts. Well, except BTS. BTS is an odd one... They are not one from a big label, yet really viral.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back