Ashlee Simpson on SNL?
Oct 24, 2004 at 5:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 98

vanillawafer

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone see it? OMG, she was lipsyncing and they screwed up and played the wrong vocal track! This is going to be big news, they broke away and went to commercial, then at the end of the show she blamed it on her band! What is up with that, that was so wrong of her to blame her band!

Oct 24, 2004 at 5:17 AM Post #2 of 98
That was pretty damn funny. I wonder how they will treat this on Season 2 of her MTV reality show. LOL. I can think of one singer's sound engineer who will be looking for a job come Monday AM...

Oct 24, 2004 at 5:21 AM Post #3 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmascatello
That was pretty damn funny. I wonder how they will treat this on Season 2 of her MTV reality show. LOL. I can think of one singer's sound engineer who will be looking for a job come Monday AM...

Yeah, the sound engineer is for sure at fault, but her band was good and kept playing trying to do their best to cover it up. I can't believe she blamed them. Everyone has always said she sucks live, I guess it's true! If I were in her band I would go elsewhere.

Oct 24, 2004 at 5:41 AM Post #6 of 98
SNL? as in Saturday Night Live?

Sorry the S&L business threw me, didn't know what you were talking about.

This is hilarious
biggrin.gif

Hope this affects her career, anyone who'd lip sync is obviously not a respectable artist. If you have a cold, call in sick (I'm sure SNL could find a replacement very quickly). If you can't sing, find a different job.

-dd3mon

Oct 24, 2004 at 5:46 AM Post #7 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by dd3mon
SNL? as in Saturday Night Live?

Sorry the S&L business threw me, didn't know what you were talking about.

This is hilarious
biggrin.gif

Hope this affects her career, anyone who'd lip sync is obviously not an respectable artist. If you have a cold, call in sick (I'm sure SNL could find a replacement very quickly). If you can't sing, find a different job.

-dd3mon

Oops, sorry about that, just fixed it
smily_headphones1.gif
Yeah, I LOVE IT! I'm so sick of these crapy singers that make it big because of all the marketing BS we feed the kids. What happen to good old fashion TALENT!

Oct 24, 2004 at 6:04 AM Post #8 of 98
milli vanilli simpson. at least her sister can actually sing.

Oct 24, 2004 at 6:10 AM Post #10 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn

Girl You Know It's True!
biggrin.gif
Her sister is better looking IMO.

Oct 24, 2004 at 6:42 AM Post #11 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn

Uh, dude, does she have another sister other than Jessica? Because Jessica definitely ain't got pipes. And if she sang that last sentence I typed, she'd sing it like Be-cah Jess-cah definit ain ott pipe. (what is that pseudo-soul word cutoff thing she does? yikes.. seems like a nice gal, however) I wish I would have seen that on TV live.. guess I don't understand the reason of even going on Saturday Night 'Live" if you're going to lipsync, eh?

Oct 24, 2004 at 6:52 AM Post #12 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by neil
Uh, dude, does she have another sister other than Jessica? Because Jessica definitely ain't got pipes. And if she sang that last sentence I typed, she'd sing it like Be-cah Jess-cah definit ain ott pipe. (what is that pseudo-soul word cutoff thing she does? yikes.. seems like a nice gal, however) I wish I would have seen that on TV live.. guess I don't understand the reason of even going on Saturday Night 'Live" if you're going to lipsync, eh?

well jessica aint no karen carpenter, but her voice is better than, say, Madonna. and she can stay in key. that's helpful. plus did you see that episode of newlyweds when she sang right after a girl who butchered the nat. anthem? hmm nm, i dont watch that show either...

Oct 24, 2004 at 7:05 AM Post #13 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by vanillawafer
Here is the video of what happen

EDIT:
I put the video on my server too just in case the other one is slow.

Dude, thanks for the link. And no, it wasn't slow... I was getting about 70KBPS. 2MB doesn't take long at those speeds.

The video is hilarious, for anyone who hasn't seen it. She starts lip-synching before realizing it's the wrong song, then she stops, walks up to the front, and decides to try and dance to smoothe it over, or something. She does that for awhile before just walking off the stage. The band keeps playing (or is their stuff recorded too?), something I found amusing.

As for tappable... Jessica has all the brains of your standard rock. I want someone that can at least think. Besides, Ashlee's hotter.

Oct 24, 2004 at 7:15 AM Post #14 of 98
Man, that was classic. From afar I couldn't tell if it was Ashlee or Axl Rose from those dance moves.
tongue.gif

Let's hear it for no-talent (or little talent) corporate acts.

Oct 24, 2004 at 7:46 AM Post #15 of 98
I thought her band deserves major props.

They started by playing their respective accompanying parts.

The wrong vocal track came on.

The guitarists immediately dropped out and stopped.

A few seconds later, the guitarist on the right starts off with the matching melody, the drummer shifts quickly to the right beats, and the rest of the band joins in soon after.

It was Ashlee that dropped the ball, IMHO.

One question: Why didn't Ashlee adapt and lip sync to the new song?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back