as of 3/1/11, which portable amp would you go with?
Mar 5, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #17 of 26

Quote:
Yup I'm from Singapore! Look him up on Facebook under AudioHub.

Pretty sure he'll ship to you.. He works with silver and copper. I'm getting a silver copper hybrid from him with a hirose plug for the toucan. It doesn't cost much, if you'd like a qoute just pm him =)

ummm....since ur getting that cable couldnt u just tell me how much u paid for it?  silver copper hybrid?.....like SPC (silver plated copper)?  naw im not going to look him up to do international shipping.

Mar 5, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #18 of 26

Quote:
As for me, source first. So I am not thinking on amp for my iPod 5.5 gen or on DIYmodding iPod. I am rather thinking on upgrading my HM-602 to HM-801. And I yet to find a portable amp for HM-602, which will justify extra rig size, while I tried:
  1. TTVJ Millett Portable
  2. XIN Supermicro IV
  3. Meier Move
  4. iBasso D10
  5. iBasso D12

These are not high-end amps, of course. They are in the right next league, though.

the hifiman players, while probably the best SQ, seem to have (never heard or used one) a very elementary UI and it looks like a bit big.  i know that doesnt matter to many ppl but i generally look for  something more all around.. better UI, form, battery but still good SQ. are imods really not even comparable to the hifiman players?

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #20 of 26

Quote:
Abt 70usd I think, for the silver copper hybrid. I'm furnishing him the hirose plug.

Should just get a qoute from him if your interested. How much can shipping a cable cost? Our postal services here are very reasonable

well...i wanted to compare how much it cost compared to my twag.  70usd + however extra for a viablue plug + shipping.  Trying to see cost to benefit ratio.  whats the strand count?  sure get a quote

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #21 of 26
You'd have to check with him. Not that close to the guy but he's nice so I'm willing to help him put his name out there..

I think he uses 24awg.. Check with him. And he's got a plug that's in his opinion is better than the viablues. Think they're oyaide.

Hope all this helps you some how.

Mar 5, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #22 of 26
yeah rhodium oyaides, i have that in my twag IC's.

Mar 5, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #23 of 26
so it is better than viablues? I liked the viablue connectors too till he advised me otherwise.. i won't get to try it soon though since my finances are rather drained..
frown.gif

Mar 5, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #24 of 26
i liked them a lot.... viablue's are big and bulky but sound great....oyaides are smaller and sound slightly better

Mar 5, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #25 of 26

Quote:
well my cable will already be balanced. i had it terminated into a mini 4 pin xlr and have adapters for 1/8 and RSA. but that sr71b is still 700!  i was considering the slim but would that be smart if i already have a balanced cable? hmm.   i guess really its rpobably personal preference and if thats so, i erally like the form factor of the slim.  the arrow ... yea it has a lot of functions but i doubt ill need bass boost, imp and cross?  i doubt id be using them with full sized much anyways. 

thanks for the input!

Hey Cara, I have the JH-13, Slim and I also have the SR71b and the Protector.  Your situation is pretty simple to me.  Since you already have the King of IEM. the JH16 with RSA balance connector, just get the SR71b and be done with.  My reasoning is very simple, the SR71b will give you better sound quality and sound stage than the Protector and Slim and it will upgrade proofed for the next few years and at the same time give you the flexibility to use it with full size cans. Its sound can compare to many desktop amps.  It is an amp that will match well with the JH16.  The SR71b has a size that is very portable.  The only reason that you do not want the SR71b is the cost.  But you will have the best portable package.  If the cost is out of your budget, then the next option will be the Protector or the Pico Slim.  They cost similar, one is balance and the slim has the best form factor.  With the Slim you may not be able to drive as many cans as you want down the road.

With regard to whipmod, imod, or hifiman, I really like the ipod/Solo package.  I think they perform better than all the other sources at present.  But you are choosing from a list of excellent gear and I don't think you'll go wrong with any of them. It's rather close and involve some personal preference.  Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back