ARRRRRRGHHHH!!! Who's screwing up the audiophile headphone ratings on AudioREVIEW?
Nov 5, 2001 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

Eagle_Driver

Headphoneus Supremus
Here are the recent rash of one-star reviews on the following headphones that I found on AudioREVIEW:

Grado SR-125
Grado SR-225
Grado RS-1
Sennheiser HD 580
Sony MDR-CD3000

And here's a recent very positive (5-star) review of those crappy Sony MDR-V300's on AudioREVIEW, by a so-called "audiophile" who strongly dislikes the high-end Senns:

Sony MDR-V300 Review

Gyah. Send in Gluegun! Send in Team Grado! Send in Team Sennheiser! And especially, send in Neruda!
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2001 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 54
Haha... two things, you actually care about audio review (
wink.gif
) and that the whole audioreview scheme has filled with total losers...

Nov 5, 2001 at 10:06 PM Post #5 of 54
Eeks......that sucks......I wonder if some of those people have even heard the headphones, sometimes.....

Nov 5, 2001 at 10:11 PM Post #6 of 54
Heheheh. Those screwing tin-ears who prefer something that isn't even remotely musical - one who gave a one-star review of the Grado SR-225s said he much prefer the *choke, choke* Sony MDR-V600s!!! UGH!
redface.gif
Those V600s, for the price that you pay... I don't even want to mention that piece of crap.

Nov 5, 2001 at 10:21 PM Post #8 of 54
And another thing, a reviewer who gave a one-star rating of the Grado SR-125s said he much preferred cheap Sony earbuds to the SR-125s!
eek.gif

Nov 5, 2001 at 10:31 PM Post #9 of 54
This is obviously some idiotic troll attempting to spooge AudioReview. It should be illegal.. Punishable by death via 24 hour 120dB listening of a $5 Coby earbud.

Nov 5, 2001 at 11:10 PM Post #11 of 54
Argh. Differing opinions I can stand, but double and triple postings that affect the rating is inexcusable. Audioreview is fast becoming (or has become) another Consumer Reports.

Nov 5, 2001 at 11:24 PM Post #13 of 54
Yeah, you can find trolls giving one-star reviews to just about any really good product over at AR. It's not worth getting all pissy over, let the trolls have their playground. Let them think AR is still a well-respected site. That way, they will feel no need to find other playgrounds.

Nov 5, 2001 at 11:31 PM Post #14 of 54
This is also why its a good idea to ALWAYS avoid this type of numeric rating polling. Jeez how many times have you seen three stars? Instead of bell curves, where an average product would recieve mostly three stars. According to Audioreview, an average product will be a valley with 1 stars on one side, and 5 stars on the other, and nothing inbetween.

People barely know how to vote when they have two choices...they do worse with 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back