ARRRRRRGHHHH!!! Who's screwing up the audiophile headphone ratings on AudioREVIEW?
Nov 18, 2001 at 1:37 AM Post #46 of 54
DITTO
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2001 at 1:58 AM Post #47 of 54
Too bad they can't get them all.

Look at this hilarious review of the V6s.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Submitted by: R.L. , Audiophile from Melrose Park IL.
This product's model year is 1999 and R.L. has used it 3 months to 1 year

Date Reviewed: 12/29/00 7:42:10 PM

Strengths: few

Weaknesses: many

Similar Products Used: V-600 (SONY)

Review Summary:
Don't buy these. They aren't very good or very accurate.
They are not comfortable, since they sit on your ears not around them.
The MDRV-600 is SO MUCH BETTER IN ALL RESPECTS!

Rating: 1 star.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't heard the v6s or the v600 but it seems like this guy is outnumberd in opinion 99 to 1.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 18, 2001 at 2:02 AM Post #48 of 54
or this one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Submitted by: Gary Heller, an Audio Enthusiast
Date Reviewed: 12/25/96

Review Summary:
I bought these headphones thinking that they would be as good as the original Sony headphone series that preceded the V6. I've also used the MDR-7506 and thought that it was reasonably good. The V6 is stuffy and flat. I can't seem to regulate the tones of my system enough to clean up the sound. A London fog is visually clearer than these headphones are aurally. Sony seems to have cut the quality out of these headphones just to keep the price point. Hershey tried to cut the weight of their famous chocolate bar until it couldn't ship to candy stores without breaking. Congratulations, Sony....how's your Hershey bar?

/me rolls on the floor histericaly/uncontrolably...and then explodes.

Nov 18, 2001 at 2:16 AM Post #49 of 54
cause I AM!!!

If god was a DJ he'd USE THE MDR-V600 !!!!

COBY QUALITY is amoung the best and for less

Sennheiser 570 is more detailed imaging and soundstaged than Grado Rs-1 and Cd3000, heck even Omega 2 or akg 1000
haha

Nov 18, 2001 at 2:23 AM Post #50 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by Mayhem
Look at this hilarious review of the V6s.
This product's model year is 1999 and R.L. has used it 3 months to 1 year

Date Reviewed: 12/29/00 7:42:10 PM

Similar Products Used: V-600 (SONY)

Review Summary:
Don't buy these. They aren't very good or very accurate.
They are not comfortable, since they sit on your ears not around them.
The MDRV-600 is SO MUCH BETTER IN ALL RESPECTS!

Heheheh. My initials are "R.L.", and I live in "Melrose Park IL." (Well, Melrose Park, IL is actually a suburb of Chicago, IL - in fact, just 10 miles west of downtown Chicago.) That person who posted that review may or may not have the same initials or the same home town as me, but it OBVIOUSLY isn't me who posted that ********* review!!!
eek.gif
My REAL rating of the REAL MDR-V6 (not the crappy MDR-V600) would have been 4 stars (out of 5)!!
tongue.gif

Nov 18, 2001 at 5:50 AM Post #51 of 54
*bumpEaglebump* *singing*

Hoooooooommmmeeee, hoooooooooommmme on the raaaaaaaaannggggggeeeee, wheeeeeeeeerrrrrreeeeee the deeeeeeeerrr and the anteloooooooooopeeee plaaaaaaaaaay...

And two reviews of the Sennheiser HD 580s that have been deleted from AudioREVIEW describe those headphones as "farting out bass". Well, I'd rather have "farting out bass" than solid but boomy, uncontrolled, one-noted and unmusical bass ANY TIME!!!
tongue.gif

As for what I REALLY feel about the Sony MDR-V600's, this is my REAL review of them:

This product's model year is 2000 and R.L. has used it 3 months to 1 year

Date Reviewed: 11/17/01 9:50:10 PM

Similar Products Used: V-6 (SONY)

Review Summary:
Don't buy these. They aren't very good or very accurate. Way over-emphasized mid/upper bass, and strangely (despite their boominess) little real bass extension; almost nonexistent upper mids, and grainy, sibilant, sandy, peaky treble... blech!
They aren't as comfortable as they seem; although they sit around your ears not on them, their weight is poorly balanced, and they're a bit too heavy.
The MDRV-6 is SO MUCH BETTER IN ALL RESPECTS!

Now, how's that for a V600 review?

Nov 18, 2001 at 8:59 AM Post #52 of 54
Eagle_driver - that is hilarious
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I have quite a few reviews hanging around on there, some stuff I even reviewed 2 and 3 times (In the case of the HD500s I learned how bad they sounded, the MDR-V200s I just needed to emphasize how loud they were, although my 4 star Amazon review remains, the vast majority of people thought it was helpful for some reason, but I did say they sound very warm, somewhat boomy, and aren't for audiphile ears in that one).

Once my KSC-50 review gets put on Amazon I will be copying the comments with slight differences for reviews of the KSC-55, KSC-35, KTX Pro, Sporta Pro, and Porta Pro. I will also start making critiques of the rest of the Sony MDR-Vxxx series. I should also do the same on Audioreview.

I suggest you guys do the same if you have some time, we could skew the ratings like we did the Stereophile poll (Around 20% said all the time for that, and 20% for most of the time, probably had something to do with us
biggrin.gif
)

Nov 18, 2001 at 9:10 AM Post #53 of 54
A bad review of the Orpheus as follows

Quote:

the sound just wasn't what I thought it would be. I detected a slight dip at around 85000hz.....give me a break people, I wasn't aware that the human ear could even hear such high frequencies. 7hz-100000hz? come on.....that combined with the 16000$ canadian price tag, you'd have to be smoking crack cocaine to purchase these.

I haven't heard them so I can't say if they are worth the money but this guy is an idiot
biggrin.gif

It also seems that reviews need a certain number of words to count - the Sennheiser MX500s have 1 review that counts for 5 stars but someone else rated them 1 star, twice.

Nov 18, 2001 at 3:48 PM Post #54 of 54
Xevion, yesterday someone at AudioREVIEW didn't remove either of the one-star ratings of the MX-500s, but the average rating ignored those two ratings. Only the five-star review (That's me who wrote that five-star review*) counts. And another thing, all of those very recent rash of one- and two-star ratings of the Grado and Sennheiser headphones and the Sony CD3000 that I mentioned were indeed removed.

*[size=xx-small]Note that my rating of the MX-500s is relative to other sub-$30 earbuds.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back