Aroma audio product impressions.
Nov 17, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #1,756 of 1,874
I responded to you a few days ago regarding this, scroll up :) . They’re a warmer and fuller sound signature with more bass and treble in comparison to Jewel which sounds more neutral with laid back treble. The “Aroma” sound is present in their mids, while these are more analogue sounding for me they have a very high level of detail and size to them that I feel Aroma is so good at executing.
Nice. Usually CIEM version sound even better than universal. I want to see if your assessment changed.

Nov 17, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #1,758 of 1,874
Did you find huge improvements over the UIEM?

Nov 18, 2023 at 4:28 AM Post #1,761 of 1,874
1700299638339.png

The God of IEMs. Flawless.

Nov 22, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #1,763 of 1,874
Anyone tried Liquid Links Venom with the Jewel? How does it sound and how is the ergnomics?

Nov 25, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #1,764 of 1,874
Random side note... after experimenting more, I do like Orphy with Jewel more than with the RN6. With that said, I am absolutely not saying that Orphy with RN6 is a poor match at all.

On the Jewel the 1950s shielding makes some of the vocals sound a little shouty (though on VERY rare occasions) anyone else share similar experiences?

The bass on the Jewel is already semi light to begin with so Orphy adds some nice bass weight. I know some have mentioned having an external amp for the Jewel to resolve the light bass but I decided to keep my portable set up light and simple for 3 reasons.

1. excuse to save money
2. practical travel
3. sometimes already annoyed with unpacking and packing away "only" the DAP and IEMs for use during travel

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #1,765 of 1,874
I ended up getting a LL Venom cable for the Jewel. The improvement in SQ is so profound I'm just shocked. It's like a different IEM. There is so much energy and dynamics. Bass has tons of controlled slam, treble sparkles, and the vocals sound even sweeter than before. The most important thing for me is how natural and organic everything sounds. It's really all coming together. However, I do feel how cable impacts on an IEM is also a negative. If you listened to them with the "wrong" cable, you would move on from it before you hear it's potential.

I feel like everyone who says the Jewel sounds thin or lack of bass either haven't had it long enough, didn't have proper source or cable. If you are not committed like me who bought CIEM version, you may have abandoned it before you know what it's capable of. I had poor fit in my right ear that I tried to fix myself for almost a year. 3-4 months ago I almost considered getting it reshelled to universals and just take my losses. I'm glad I had Aroma just reshell it for me based on new ear impressions. Now they fit perfectly.

Dec 6, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #1,766 of 1,874
I feel like everyone who says the Jewel sounds thin or lack of bass either haven't had it long enough, didn't have proper source or cable
This is exactly what I have always tried to explain, using some of my posts. Many continue to write things about Jewel that are not real, such as that it has weak bass. It's simply not true.
With the right source, a good cable and the right volume, Jewel is an absolute joy.
For example , these days I'm using it with my new Cayin N3OLE and the sound quality that Jewel can give me is absolutely incredible, including wonderful bass in terms of quantity and quality. 😍

Dec 6, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #1,767 of 1,874
This is exactly what I have always tried to explain, using some of my posts. Many continue to write things about Jewel that are not real, such as that it has weak bass. It's simply not true.
With the right source, a good cable and the right volume, Jewel is an absolute joy.
For example , these days I'm using it with my new Cayin N3OLE and the sound quality that Jewel can give me is absolutely incredible, including wonderful bass in terms of quantity and quality. 😍
Amen. I may have to get the N30LE. It's a bit overpriced right now for like double the price of N8ii.

Dec 10, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #1,768 of 1,874
You have no idea what Jewel can do with the Hiby FC6... incredible!!!

:dt880smile:

Dec 17, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #1,769 of 1,874
With a small system like this the Jewels literally fly!!!

desktop.jpg

Dec 22, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #1,770 of 1,874

Users who are viewing this thread

Back