Aroma audio product impressions.
Apr 8, 2024 at 5:30 AM Post #1,861 of 1,876
Apr 8, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #1,862 of 1,876
I personally agree, I think their IEMs are made well, just not to western taste. And companies like FIR which I own and love, have generic computer printed face plates over having real wood or a molded design, so to myself that is viewed as less nice for a CIEM. Wouldn’t say less well made since both are constructed well just a computer printed plate is not as nice looking as a molded design or real wood plate. And for both Aroma and FIR’s price point they both include fairly poor cables.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 7:43 AM Post #1,863 of 1,876
I personally agree, I think their IEMs are made well, just not to western taste. And companies like FIR which I own and love, have generic computer printed face plates over having real wood or a molded design, so to myself that is viewed as less nice for a CIEM. Wouldn’t say less well made since both are constructed well just a computer printed plate is not as nice looking as a molded design or real wood plate. And for both Aroma and FIR’s price point they both include fairly poor cables.
Fir Audio E12 stock cable is good imo

Apr 8, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #1,865 of 1,876
Was more talking about their upper end IEMs like XE6 and RN6. Over 3k I feel companies should include a respectable cable.
Ic, I think they should let customers decide to come with cables or iems only option like what UM did! 😜

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:35 PM Post #1,867 of 1,876
I dont know if this has been mentioned or not but regarding Feiwan design i think you can customize the design for free. I was told by the seller that i can even put logo or picture on it, change shell colors, change faceplate design. But yeah you cant change the cable to other better one for free *lol. Bummer the cable is bad compared to competitor in price range.

I have a question for those who own Fei Wan. Which mid tier DAP is a good pair with Fei Wan?

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #1,868 of 1,876
Looks so much better compared to universal
I honestly love the look of the yellow/gold and pink. It gives me vibes of a Ween album cover on the one shell.

Apr 11, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #1,869 of 1,876
I dont know if this has been mentioned or not but regarding Feiwan design i think you can customize the design for free. I was told by the seller that i can even put logo or picture on it, change shell colors, change faceplate design. But yeah you cant change the cable to other better one for free *lol. Bummer the cable is bad compared to competitor in price range.

I have a question for those who own Fei Wan. Which mid tier DAP is a good pair with Fei Wan?
you can go wrong with sony daps, either 1a or 1z? bass is insanely good to pair with FW, sublime paring combo!

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #1,870 of 1,876
Regarding cable, do you guys have any recommendation for Fei Wan? Which one maybe under 500usd?

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #1,871 of 1,876
Regarding cable, do you guys have any recommendation for Fei Wan? Which maybe under 500usd?
If it's anything like the Jewel, I recommend Liquid Venom. You can get used for $500-$600. It's still my favorite. I rolled so many cables.

Apr 23, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #1,872 of 1,876
If it's anything like the Jewel, I recommend Liquid Venom. You can get used for $500-$600. It's still my favorite. I rolled so many cables.
I agree, it's the best I've found so far!

Apr 23, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #1,873 of 1,876
I agree, it's the best I've found so far!
I'm in search for a cable that sounds just like Venom but has the ergonomics of a high end silver cable, but I'm not sure if that exists. I'm not sure any cable has five-element alloy hybrid structure of palladium-plated OCC silver, OCC copper, gold-plated copper-silver alloy, and carbon fiber. It literally sounds like the best property of all of these elements.

Apr 24, 2024 at 12:00 AM Post #1,874 of 1,876
I'm in search for a cable that sounds just like Venom but has the ergonomics of a high end silver cable, but I'm not sure if that exists. I'm not sure any cable has five-element alloy hybrid structure of palladium-plated OCC silver, OCC copper, gold-plated copper-silver alloy, and carbon fiber. It literally sounds like the best property of all of these elements.
It’ll cost you more the Cleopatra II Octa sounds great, deeper lows, detailed mids with a touch of warmth and extended smooth highs. Definitely a warm sounding silver cable. Or the Billow II 8 wire, gold wrapped silver wire.

May 1, 2024 at 9:11 PM Post #1,875 of 1,876
Aroma Jewel in the house!

Aroma_Jewel_01.jpg

In the picture, I'm using the PlusSound 8-wire Silver+Gold, but I've rolled over to the EA Thor +

Also using SpiralDot tips. They've always been my best bet.

First impressions:

Natural-neutral tuning. Tuning which feels honest but not FLAT. Wide, open sound, with lots of air and clarity.

Treble is decisive, with outstanding articulation, but definitely relaxed. I don't foresee anyone becoming fatigued by it. If you're a treble head, these COULD satisfy, but you'd probably want just a little more of it.

Vocals are close enough to you with decent size, being well resolved and textured modestly. They nicely walk the line between airiness and weight. They could be more tangible, but the hint of etherealness is quite seductive, as well.

If airiness isn't the star of the show, it's got to be the bass. It's deep and punchy and very capable. There's more of it than you might expect, but it's not crazy or overblown. It's clearly elevated, but it a way which feels natural, making you think there absolutely should be this much in the mix. In fact, if there was any less of it, Jewel's balance would feel lacking.

The reason for this is Jewel is kind of a boring IEM. But in the best possible way. Nothing jumps out at you. Everything is so coherent and balanced, and delivers it with exceptional maturity. Even the bass, which does stand out, does so barely, and in way that just feels right, not noteworthy.

I think someone on here (can't remember who) said you need to crank the volume on Jewel, and they were right. You won't fatigue. There's nothing offensive here. And raising the dB allows the deft tuning to shine.

I am loving what I'm hearing. So far, Jewel is very much the type of IEM I was looking for. A great complement to something like the Legend X, which is all about the fun and bombastic. Jewel is the bookworm, who knows everything and might just share it with you, if you are patient and willing to listen.

Shout out to Andrew of @MusicTeck for loaning me the Aroma Audio Jewel. I look forward to spending more time with them and writing my full review.

The above are my first impressions of the Jewel, which I posted in the Watercooler Thread, earlier tonight. I hope you enjoy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back