Aroma audio product impressions.
Apr 7, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #1,847 of 1,874
Will the A100TB make a significant difference when pairing it with the fei wan? Or is it mainly for the Jewel and other harder to drive iems?

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #1,848 of 1,874
Bass texture is not bass quantity. Jewel dynamic driver bass is better textured than on Traillii, but it lacks in quantity, Traillii is just right, instruments have body, there is proper weight to the notes. To me its a perfectly tuned IEM, yet to hear anything that comes close. While technically superior Jewel falls short tuning-wise for me.
Wow, I had the Trailli and sold it for the Jewel as it has to me better and more bass. Also Jewel measures to have more bass, both sub and mid bass. Trailli bass is very quick, stockade like and far from as hard hitting or as deep reaching. The Trailli has warmer smoother mids which makes it such a great vocal IEM.

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:24 PM Post #1,849 of 1,874
I felt that way for a long time. I still liked Jewel with the other cables, but I didn't love it. I had no choice because I got customs. Sometimes to get the most of audio gear, you have to commit. With CIEMs, I'm forced into it. I guess I can take a huge loss and sell it.

I do agree, it shouldn't be this way. Aroma should at least give us some sort of recommended setup. That would give us a baseline to work with. Selling it with a very bright and thin sounding cable with strong microphonics is comical. It's beneficial to them if more customers find out the true potential of their IEMs rather than making it a treasure hunt for cables.
Aroma’s cables are comical, can’t believe they include throw away cables with such great IEMs. I like the FT and now even more the Cleo mk II Octa. It’s the reason I keep going back and forth on buying the Fei Wan. Feel like their IEMs need to be a $500 to $1,000 less than the competition to make up for their terrible cables. Even much cheaper IEMs include better cables like the Anni 2023.

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #1,850 of 1,874
Wow, I had the Trailli and sold it for the Jewel as it has to me better and more bass. Also Jewel measures to have more bass, both sub and mid bass. Trailli bass is very quick, stockade like and far from as hard hitting or as deep reaching. The Trailli has warmer smoother mids which makes it such a great vocal IEM.
I prefer vocals from Aroma iems Jewel being the best of the bunch but needs a cable change.

Apr 7, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #1,851 of 1,874
Aroma’s cables are comical, can’t believe they include throw away cables with such great IEMs. I like the FT and now even more the Cleo mk II Octa. It’s the reason I keep going back and forth on buying the Fei Wan. Feel like their IEMs need to be a $500 to $1,000 less than the competition to make up for their terrible cables. Even much cheaper IEMs include better cables like the Anni 2023.

I thought the Sparkle cable that comes with the Fei Wan was okay, but yeah I agree that at close to $5k MSRP it needs to be better.

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:24 AM Post #1,855 of 1,874
I’m always watchiiiiiiiin’
IMG_4414.gif

Apr 8, 2024 at 3:52 AM Post #1,856 of 1,874
The problem with Aroma products are very crudely made, not refined.
Don't flame me, I'm a big fan of their amp (see my signature) but somehow I find that their amp and iems are crudely made not as refined as other brands but Aroma Audio products sounds damn good.

Apr 8, 2024 at 4:04 AM Post #1,857 of 1,874
I think the stuff is well made it just doesn’t fit the western aesthetic, to my eye their Chinese bling designs are ugly as hell.

Apr 8, 2024 at 4:33 AM Post #1,858 of 1,874
I think the stuff is well made it just doesn’t fit the western aesthetic, to my eye their Chinese bling designs are ugly as hell.
1712565193246.png

Once you get into the custom stuff I think barely anything beats this. This is my Jewel and I immediately noticed it was miles classier than my custom xe6 by fir.

Apr 8, 2024 at 4:37 AM Post #1,859 of 1,874
Yeah CIEMs are a whole different story

Users who are viewing this thread

Back