Aroma audio product impressions.
Dec 23, 2023 at 12:28 AM Post #1,771 of 1,881
Dec 24, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #1,772 of 1,881
Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #1,773 of 1,881
I have a good question for you. Do you think the net result will likely be better from just a single TOTL dap with no amp, or a 2nd tier dap with the portable amp such as the aroma amp?

Very curious of your thoughts!
The refinement in the sound, the resolution and the richness that a TOTL dap brings is second to none. I don’t think amp can compensate for the added benefit of the sound quality (due to better tech inside). An LPGT will always sound better and more satisfying than say LP6000 with Aroma Stack.

I think it’s akin to choosing a top-tier camera for superior image quality over a mid-range camera with additional lens attachments and accessories.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #1,774 of 1,881
The refinement in the sound, the resolution and the richness that a TOTL dap brings is second to none. I don’t think amp can compensate for the added benefit of the sound quality (due to better tech inside). An LPGT will always sound better and more satisfying that say LP6000 with Aroma Stack.

I think it’s akin to choosing a top-tier camera for superior image quality over a mid-range camera with additional lens attachments and accessories.
That is beautifully said.

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:48 PM Post #1,775 of 1,881
Merry Christmas to everyone, together with the people you love and your favorite music
hinimation-studio-ulbabrab.gif

Dec 25, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #1,776 of 1,881
Merry Christmas to all.
And...if someone wants to part with his A100TB please let me know via PM. Thanks 🙏

Jan 16, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #1,778 of 1,881
For those are looking for a ultra portable solution for Fei Wan I suggest Ibasso DC06 pro, it has a crazy good sinergy 😍

Jan 16, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #1,779 of 1,881
New Thunder owner here. As someone who mainly listens to full sized headphones, I’m very impressed with them so far. Thunder is the first IEM I’ve tried that makes me think I’m listening to full sized headphones. I can’t believe they don’t get more praise than they do.

Synergy with A&K SE180 is spectacular as well.

Jan 17, 2024 at 1:17 AM Post #1,780 of 1,881
New Thunder owner here. As someone who mainly listens to full sized headphones, I’m very impressed with them so far. Thunder is the first IEM I’ve tried that makes me think I’m listening to full sized headphones. I can’t believe they don’t get more praise than they do.

I'm a Thunder owner myself and can only write huge praises about them.
IEM that deserves much more attention .

Jan 17, 2024 at 3:09 AM Post #1,781 of 1,881

Thunder is still one of my fav sets, and Plussound Trihybrid LE cable + Azla Vivid tips elevate a lot transparency and detail retrival :) without lose Thunderous behaviour and special sauce it provides.

Jan 17, 2024 at 5:06 AM Post #1,782 of 1,881
Thunder is still one of my fav sets, and Plussound Trihybrid LE cable + Azla Vivid tips elevate a lot transparency and detail retrival :) without lose Thunderous behaviour and special sauce it provides.
Baroque Tips really bring out the magic as well. Running mine with an Eros S

Jan 25, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #1,783 of 1,881
IMG_4310.jpg

Got Fei Wan on a loaner and man, even from stock cable, this is one of the most fun sets I've ever listened to, especially for metal music. Ultra dynamic, technical proficiency to keep up with speed and myriad of instruments, tons of energy yet enough smoothness in lower and midrange to offset the energetic top end.

Fatiguing over time? Sure. Fun as hell during quick listening sprints? Absolutely.

Will take more photos later and put together a write-up across different genres and set ups, as I am listening through my desktop Rockna set up at the moment.

Jan 25, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #1,784 of 1,881
If you were thinking of giving a new amplifier to your beloved Aroma why not think of an amp/dac... the shanling H7 arrived this morning... with the Jewels it is simply amazing.
Here in the photo below in the company of its younger brother Shanling M6 OG...

h7m6.jpg

Jan 25, 2024 at 3:31 PM Post #1,785 of 1,881
h7jewel.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back