Aroma audio product impressions.
Nov 9, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #1,741 of 1,874
Has anyone compare jewel to fei wan? I heard fei wan is far superior to jewel. I tried jewel and is not my cup of tea. Bass is lean for a DD hybrid.

I have not A/B’d them but Fei Wan is warmer and more bodied in the mids, it’s got much more bass and elevated treble compared to Jewel but still has an amazing and highly detailed mid range that Aroma seems to do so well. I love the Fei Wan and I’m hoping to receive my CIEM of it next week.

Nov 9, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #1,742 of 1,874
I have not A/B’d them but Fei Wan is warmer and more bodied in the mids, it’s got much more bass and elevated treble compared to Jewel but still has an amazing and highly detailed mid range that Aroma seems to do so well. I love the Fei Wan and I’m hoping to receive my CIEM of it next week.
Thanks. Nice to get others people's impressions other than mine. Appreciated.

Nov 10, 2023 at 2:16 AM Post #1,743 of 1,874
I tried jewel and is not my cup of tea. Bass is lean for a DD hybrid.
Jewel should be listened to at medium-high volume, and with sources that give it energy. Otherwise you might think that you have little bass. Instead they are there, well controlled and perfectly integrated with the fantastic tuning that Aroma has given to Jewel

Nov 13, 2023 at 7:36 AM Post #1,745 of 1,874
I should have my CIEM Fei Wan this week, just received this photo from Aroma. 😍
IMG_7389.jpeg

Nov 16, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #1,746 of 1,874
Does anyone who’s sent Aroma ear mould impressions know what their criteria is for moulds? Do they have a guide anywhere online or suggest open/closed mouth etc? Thanks.
I just got my custom Jewel back from reshell from Aroma today. I just couldn't get the right ear to fit right. I'm an ENT, so I have a team of audiologists who can polish for me. Over almost 8 months period, we would do a little at a time. Just can never get the fit to be perfect. The left ear is perfect right from the start. When I made my first impression last year to order the Jewel, I did it with my mouth closed. This time to reshell the right ear, I did it with a bite block. This is a controversial topic. My audiologists who have been doing impressions for hearing aids and CIEMs for years would tell you, it doesn't really matter that much. What does matter is the shape of your ear canal. If you are like me with narrow canal that takes a sharp bend, you are much more likely to have imperfections. Remember these are 3D printed with inherit human error. When you find an audiologist, ask if they can generate a STP file from the impression, so you can email the file directly to Aroma instead of shipping a physical impression. This is not only more convenient but more precise.

My take on the impression making is to use a small bite block. Don't open your mouth too wide. If you have normal size ear canal, you should be fine.

Nov 16, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #1,747 of 1,874
Damn it you guys. I can only get 1 CIEM every 8 years. Took me 8 months to get my Jewel right. Just tell me Fei Wan sucks, so I can just enjoy my C Jewels.
I should have my CIEM Fei Wan this week, just received this photo from Aroma. 😍
IMG_7389.jpeg
Sorry, didn't see you already had them made. I just replied to your previous post. Looks sexy as hell.

Nov 16, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #1,748 of 1,874
Damn it you guys. I can only get 1 CIEM every 8 years. Took me 8 months to get my Jewel right. Just tell me Fei Wan sucks, so I can just enjoy my C Jewels.

Sorry, didn't see you already had them made. I just replied to your previous post. Looks sexy as hell.

Hehe. The Jewel and Fei Wan are complementary. The Fei Wan has a lot more bass as well as treble, but with a more bodied / analogue sounding mid range. I personally prefer it to the Jewel but it’s aiming for a different sound as a co-flagship.

Nov 16, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #1,749 of 1,874
Hehe. The Jewel and Fei Wan are complementary. The Fei Wan has a lot more bass as well as treble, but with a more bodied / analogue sounding mid range. I personally prefer it to the Jewel but it’s aiming for a different sound as a co-flagship.
But that's what I like :sweat:. Jewel sounds pretty natural as it is especially with a good copper cable and N8ii. I should be ok. I feel like with current crop of flagship IEMs, it's slight tuning preference. It's not like there are revolutionary driver technology that takes our experience to the next level. I'm still very happy with my 8 year-old Westone ES60.

Keep us updated. There is nothing more satisfying for a headfier than a pair of perfectly fitted CIEMs.

Nov 16, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #1,750 of 1,874
But that's what I like :sweat:. Jewel sounds pretty natural as it is especially with a good copper cable and N8ii. I should be ok. I feel like with current crop of flagship IEMs, it's slight tuning preference. It's not like there are revolutionary driver technology that takes our experience to the next level. I'm still very happy with my 8 year-old Westone ES60.

Keep us updated. There is nothing more satisfying for a headfier than a pair of perfectly fitted CIEMs.

Just arrived. Perfect fit! Excellent seal and isolation and they aren’t too snug or too relaxed. Can’t really ask for better tbh.

IMG_7427.jpegIMG_7428.jpeg

Nov 17, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #1,751 of 1,874

Aroma A100TB, Did anyone manage to use the Sparkos ss3602 (an 8pin riser may be required) in the ouput stage with the lid closed ?

How does it compare sonically with the V5i-d in the output stage?

Thanks

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 4:44 AM Post #1,752 of 1,874
Just arrived. Perfect fit! Excellent seal and isolation and they aren’t too snug or too relaxed. Can’t really ask for better tbh.

Congrats Bobby!!! Looks Amazing :)

Nov 17, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #1,753 of 1,874

How do they sound compared to the Jewel? Are they completely different sound signature or they retain the Aroma house sound with just different tuning?

Nov 17, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #1,754 of 1,874
How do they sound compared to the Jewel? Are they completely different sound signature or they retain the Aroma house sound with just different tuning?

I responded to you a few days ago regarding this, scroll up :) . They’re a warmer and fuller sound signature with more bass and treble in comparison to Jewel which sounds more neutral with laid back treble. The “Aroma” sound is present in their mids, while these are more analogue sounding for me they have a very high level of detail and size to them that I feel Aroma is so good at executing.

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #1,755 of 1,874
Big shot out to NPaudio in the UK to mod my A100TB. Changed all caps and the Tantalum for both A100TB and PowerSupply. Moreover, this is the best mod I can see to fit the dual Sparkos 22590pro inside. Absolutely amazing work!

Check how many caps he installed. This is like completely reborn device
For people whow are interested in the whole mod, check

https://npaudio.boards.net/thread/336/a100tb-ps100-pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back