Aroma audio product impressions.
Aug 20, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #1,651 of 1,874
Aug 20, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #1,652 of 1,874
I'd consider both as "all rounders" with different flavour. Rn6 notably warmer, fuller low end, but less technical (not many monitors right now more technical than jewel so this isn't really a negative per se). If you find jewel to be boring at times, rn6 would be a good option, but keep in mind they are quite different and there's more to them than I am simplifying here. Maybe someone who owns both or has more recent impressions can chime in. I don't have the rn6 with me to give you a proper comparison but that's the gist of it from my time with them.

Unrelated has anyone tried the Aroma desktop amp? That one has me curious.
I test RN6 briefly today. Can confirm what you said here. Just to notice. The effect of more bass is so pronounced. Both sub-bass and mid-bass, especially the sub-bass whereas Jewel is a bit lacking. Once you A/B, you are in a different world. You will be overwhelmed by how much bass you get from RN6. It's crazy. But I like RN6. Very good set. But remember Jewel and RN6 is very very different sets.

Aug 20, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #1,653 of 1,874
I test RN6 briefly today. Can confirm what you said here. Just to notice. The effect of more bass is so pronounced. Both sub-bass and mid-bass, especially the sub-bass whereas Jewel is a bit lacking. Once you A/B, you are in a different world. You will be overwhelmed by how much bass you get from RN6. It's crazy. But I like RN6. Very good set. But remember Jewel and RN6 is very very different sets.
Wonderful. I got both in CIEM and said buh bye to a lot of dough

I better cut back in other areas of my life or I gotta earn more.. haha.

Aug 29, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #1,654 of 1,874
Anyone tried any silver or hybrid cables with the Jewel that sound close to First Time? The high end copper cables are great, but they are just not comfortable for long listening sessions. Silver and other alloy cables are just more comfortable in general.

Aug 29, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #1,656 of 1,874
Sep 3, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #1,658 of 1,874
Anyone can help on how to remove the A100TB's battery? I am gonna put my op amp in that slot instead. However, when I tried to pull the battery out. I find the insulate sleeve of the battery stuck with the connector. So I can't remove it. Any specific technique on how to remove the battery?

Sep 3, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #1,659 of 1,874
Anyone can help on how to remove the A100TB's battery? I am gonna put my op amp in that slot instead. However, when I tried to pull the battery out. I find the insulate sleeve of the battery stuck with the connector. So I can't remove it. Any specific technique on how to remove the battery?
This is how you remove the battery.
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Sep 4, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #1,660 of 1,874
You can use a guitar pick (preferably a guitar pick or similar tool made of soft plastic and rounded edges). Thats how I removed my Air's battery

Sep 4, 2023 at 1:17 AM Post #1,662 of 1,874
Anyone tried any silver or hybrid cables with the Jewel that sound close to First Time? The high end copper cables are great, but they are just not comfortable for long listening sessions. Silver and other alloy cables are just more comfortable in general.
I own EA Leonidas II octa and which is a hybrid silver cable. I have never had any fatigue from long listening sessions and it definitely improves the whole range. Bass is tighter and punchier, mids become more forward.

Sep 4, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #1,663 of 1,874
You can use a guitar pick (preferably a guitar pick or similar tool made of soft plastic and rounded edges). Thats how I removed my Air's battery
This works for me! Thanks a lot!

Sep 4, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #1,664 of 1,874
Sep 4, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #1,665 of 1,874
Manage get one V6 vivid in. Need some custom extensions to get the other one in.
20230904_224228.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back