Aroma audio product impressions.
Aug 15, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #1,636 of 1,881
IMG_7214.jpeg

Beautiful sounding iem. Much more musical than Jewel. I will rank it at the top along with Traillii. And this time round the cable is actually consider good and usable (at last)

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #1,638 of 1,881
Does someone know what is the name of the eartip that jewel came with?, i own the jewel but I don’t know.
As far as I know they are Acoustune AET07, in a different color than the retail ones.

Aug 18, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #1,639 of 1,881
Anyone with the Jewel have thoughts about how it compares to RN6 from FIR?

Would be great to hear comparisons from Jewel owners!

Aug 18, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #1,640 of 1,881

I'd consider both as "all rounders" with different flavour. Rn6 notably warmer, fuller low end, but less technical (not many monitors right now more technical than jewel so this isn't really a negative per se). If you find jewel to be boring at times, rn6 would be a good option, but keep in mind they are quite different and there's more to them than I am simplifying here. Maybe someone who owns both or has more recent impressions can chime in. I don't have the rn6 with me to give you a proper comparison but that's the gist of it from my time with them.

Unrelated has anyone tried the Aroma desktop amp? That one has me curious.

Aug 18, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #1,641 of 1,881
I'd consider both as "all rounders" with different flavour. Rn6 notably warmer, fuller low end, but less technical (not many monitors right now more technical than jewel so this isn't really a negative per se). If you find jewel to be boring at times, rn6 would be a good option, but keep in mind they are quite different and there's more to them than I am simplifying here. Maybe someone who owns both or has more recent impressions can chime in. I don't have the rn6 with me to give you a proper comparison but that's the gist of it from my time with them.

Unrelated has anyone tried the Aroma desktop amp? That one has me curious.

I got a feeling you hit it on the nail, as those were my impressions as well. I am just bad at choice of words so its nice to read it off someone else who can choose words more eloquently and compare impressions/experiences.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #1,642 of 1,881

Jewel and RN6 are quite different in the way they sound.

Jewel is very very musical. Wide soundstage, amazing resolution. The mids are too good on it. The bass is as much as you’d need, doesn’t leave you wanting. Jewel has a immersive sound, something which will put you in an attentive mode, will ask you to analyse sound.

Radon6 has the best bass on an iem, IMO. It’s definition of what an ideal bass should be. The bass does not eat up the higher frequencies. Everything else - soundstage, resolution etc. - is done quite well too, which makes it a great iem. It’s more of a fun sounding iem as compared to Jewel, doesn’t ask you to put a lot of attention.

These two iems more of complement each other. Jewel for enjoying extra musicality and Radon for those relaxed times. Definitely the best two iems one can own.

Aug 18, 2023 at 9:25 PM Post #1,643 of 1,881

Jewel is very very musical. Wide soundstage, amazing resolution. The mids are too good on it. The bass is as much as you’d need, doesn’t leave you wanting. Jewel has a immersive sound, something which will put you in an attentive mode, will ask you to analyse sound.

Radon6 has the best bass on an iem, IMO. It’s definition of what an ideal bass should be. The bass does not eat up the higher frequencies. Everything else - soundstage, resolution etc. - is done quite well too, which makes it a great iem. It’s more of a fun sounding iem as compared to Jewel, doesn’t ask you to put a lot of attention.

These two iems more of complement each other. Jewel for enjoying extra musicality and Radon for those relaxed times. Definitely the best two iems one can own.
I had a credit at an online vendor and I used it on the RN6 semi blind (semi blind as in I demoed it for only 5 min or so prior) and did enjoy it but was not "sure"

Jewel does seem to be a better all rounder but most people seem to prefer RN6 over Jewel. For me no shot, Jewel is overall more versatile/balanced for daily use for my preferences.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #1,644 of 1,881
Can

Can you please define musicality in your own words. I would have assume that RN6 would be more "musical" since its a less attentive listen...

Aug 19, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #1,645 of 1,881
Can you please define musicality in your own words. I would have assume that RN6 would be more "musical" since its a less attentive listen...
To me, musicality is something which lets you close your eyes and enjoy the moment. Jewel has a great delivery across frequencies. Every frequency is given enough weight as if the IEM knows what is the best delivery at that point in time. There is nothing you’d find lacking. You enjoy every aspect of the music.

Imagine you are on a vacation having fun, you are having a good time. Along with everything, you want to enjoy some music you pull out Radon6. Radon6 bass attack can be enjoyed more with a relaxed mind.

Imagine you are back to normal life - work and family and you want to enjoy some music, some sessions which calms and soothes you down and helps you extract most of that brief time, you pull out Jewel.

Not sure this articulation is what I wanted to convey but sure you’d get the point.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #1,646 of 1,881
Much more musical than Jewel.
I just cannot imagine what “much more” musical than Jewel could be. Please share some more impressions.

Thanks.

Aug 19, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #1,647 of 1,881
I just cannot imagine what “much more” musical than Jewel could be. Please share some more impressions.

Thanks.
Putting both side by side, i will say Jewel is more sterile sounds while Feiwan is much smoother and liquid flowing. Jewel sound presentation is more analytical compare to Feiwan. Details level is about the same. For the same reason, i prefer Traillii to Jewel. If you ever hear Traillii before, Feiwan is like Traillii with a DD bass and a lill more liquid sounding.

Aug 19, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #1,648 of 1,881
Any Neo or Jam owners here?
I’m testing both with Tri Wolfram Cable and Final e tips, this fine tuning surprised me a lot and I didn’t imagine Neo and Jam could scale so much with tips and cable rolling!🤩

Aug 20, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #1,649 of 1,881
IMG_20230802_200350_365.jpg
A little testing of op amps. I know that probably no one here is using A100, everyone has upgraded to A100TB, but I suspect the test results can be applied to it as well. My choice is A100 in particular because of the number of inputs and outputs.
Another positive point that I appreciated is the presence of only two amplifiers. There is not much space inside, so placement is very difficult. Sometimes you have to do as in the photo - combine several bridges. Sometimes installation of a pair is not possible at all due to their size.

Favorites are actually expected - Staccato, Sparkos, Burson V6 Vivid, Alpha AS401A (in single to dual splitter), Sonic Labs. Then I would mention the Burson V5, then most chip circuits like LME, Muses, etc.

In any case, I realized that it is worth searching in the direction of discrete components. It sounds well with a really good, clean and dynamic sound. Of course, this can cause problems when you're using the device portable. However, it is not a problem for me to use it on a table without a lid. So it works well. For portable use one of my favs is Sparkos or Sonic with Burson V5.
Cool leather case, may I know where you get it?

Aug 20, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #1,650 of 1,881
Today at Canjam London, I did some cable rolling with Jewel at Effect audio. With Cayin N7+A100TB stacks(TI op amps). To my surprise, Ares 4W is the best fit for my liking. I tried the new Fusion (which is very smooth sounding, smoothing out the treble and mid), silky like laid-back sounding. But the drawback is that it's not that much details pop up. Then Cleopatra 2 4W and 8W, it's more revealing and detail-sounding, much like Linum superbax cable as recommended in the thread, but make Jewel more V-shaped. After all, I tried Ares, so why not try the cheapest optional? Then just wow! wow! It opens up the soundstage and gives Jewel more natural timbre. Absolutely phenomenal. Also, add an extra bass without add extra energy in treble in contrast to Cleopatra. So I bought Ares. I saw many of you do very expensive cables, why not try the Ares and give it a go. Just fraction of First Times, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back