Aroma audio product impressions.
Jul 28, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #1,621 of 1,881
One sec…

😎

Jul 28, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #1,622 of 1,881
Oh man did it really have to be so swanky yellow and pink? 🫢
Honestly I like it but I can understand it’s a freak colors combo😅
Maybe could be available in different colors also as happened with Thunder for example.

Jul 29, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #1,623 of 1,881
FEI WAN is coming, and Aroma unveiled it on their social media, did you notice it?🤩
Can’t wait to listen it 🤭
58e17224-346b-4832-b6f4-67ddedb7cd0d.jpegIMG_7214.jpegIMG_7114.jpeg
😛
Are there any indications on the release date?

Jul 29, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #1,624 of 1,881
😛
Are there any indications on the release date?

Hong Kong High-End Audio Visual Show 2023​

11.08.2023 - 13.08.2023

Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre (HKCEC)

IMG_7256.jpeg

Jul 29, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #1,625 of 1,881

Hong Kong High-End Audio Visual Show 2023​

11.08.2023 - 13.08.2023

Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre (HKCEC)

IMG_7256.jpeg
Great ! 👍

Aug 3, 2023 at 1:35 AM Post #1,626 of 1,881
Anybody compared pwaudio 1960s 2 wires with First times for Jewel? Feedbacks on the pairings?

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #1,627 of 1,881
Here we are!!!

IMG_7392.jpeg

FEI WAN

The name "FEI WAN" is the nickname "Flying Soul" of the founder of "AROMA Audio", and "FEI WAN" is a new chapter, a whole new step. Not just a new product "FEI WAN", it's also a new sub-brand "FEI WAN" under AROMA Audio.

FEI WAN is composed of 10 BA units and 2X 9.2mm DD units. In addition to the more common 10 BA units, this time the double-motivation ring uses a new patented technology "Coaxial strong magnetic phase pair double-moving coil technology patent". 10 BA units and new technology double-action design, both sound density and dynamics are improved.

Patent for Coaxial Strong Magnetic Phase Pair Double Dynamic Drivers Technology. The main technical point is to reverse the magnet in one of the moving units (the opposite of the magnetic pole) and the positive and negative electrodes of the coil are also reversed. In this way, the two moving units will have no magnetic field interference caused by the opposite unit, and can improve the overall Q value of the two moving units combined.

The wire is selected with AROMA Audio's "Sparkle", using 0.78 2pin pin, 4.4mm terminal plug, and using square core oxygen-free copper foil silver design. Give it the name "Sparkle" because we think this upgrade line brings more color to IEM products and makes sound more shiny. Not just for AROMA Audio IEMs, it will still be great when applied to different IEMs.

The case is made with 3D printing, maintaining the CM-like design. After years of experience in the earwax, the shape and size of the case have been fine-tuned, so that the stability and comfort of wearing can be

The overall sound orientation of "FEI WAN" is well-balanced. Many years of experience in developing mixed units. Multiple mobile iron and moving units will not affect each other's play at all. High sound separation, high extension of the voice, plus good sound positioning. Whether it's pop music or large-scale music can be controlled.

A whole new step for FEI WAN.

Specs:

FEI WAN

12 units 4 min frequency

Headphone unit distribution:
2 low frequency (DD), 4 medium frequency (BA), 4 medium high frequency (BA), 2 high frequency (BA)

4-way split design

阻抗:18Ω1Khz

Sensitivity: 103db SPL @100m V RMS

Soundproof effect 26db(CM)

Frequency response: 20-20Khz

Price:HK$ 36,500
USD$ 4,688

Aug 4, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #1,628 of 1,881
Anybody compared pwaudio 1960s 2 wires with First times for Jewel? Feedbacks on the pairings?

Hi. I have tried the PWAudio 1950s and First Times, both with shielding. These are just amazing cables in their price segments. IMO 1950s is just enough. First Times(s) is too pricey. I have tried 1960s with some other iems. It’s also good cable but 1950s is preferable to me as it’s better of the two.

Aug 4, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #1,629 of 1,881
Hi. I have tried the PWAudio 1950s and First Times, both with shielding. These are just amazing cables in their price segments. IMO 1950s is just enough. First Times(s) is too pricey. I have tried 1960s with some other iems. It’s also good cable but 1950s is preferable to me as it’s better of the two.
Thank you for these impressions. How would you compare 50s and 60s now?

Aug 4, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #1,630 of 1,881
Here we are!!!

IMG_7392.jpeg

FEI WAN

The name "FEI WAN" is the nickname "Flying Soul" of the founder of "AROMA Audio", and "FEI WAN" is a new chapter, a whole new step. Not just a new product "FEI WAN", it's also a new sub-brand "FEI WAN" under AROMA Audio.

FEI WAN is composed of 10 BA units and 2X 9.2mm DD units. In addition to the more common 10 BA units, this time the double-motivation ring uses a new patented technology "Coaxial strong magnetic phase pair double-moving coil technology patent". 10 BA units and new technology double-action design, both sound density and dynamics are improved.

Patent for Coaxial Strong Magnetic Phase Pair Double Dynamic Drivers Technology. The main technical point is to reverse the magnet in one of the moving units (the opposite of the magnetic pole) and the positive and negative electrodes of the coil are also reversed. In this way, the two moving units will have no magnetic field interference caused by the opposite unit, and can improve the overall Q value of the two moving units combined.

The wire is selected with AROMA Audio's "Sparkle", using 0.78 2pin pin, 4.4mm terminal plug, and using square core oxygen-free copper foil silver design. Give it the name "Sparkle" because we think this upgrade line brings more color to IEM products and makes sound more shiny. Not just for AROMA Audio IEMs, it will still be great when applied to different IEMs.

The case is made with 3D printing, maintaining the CM-like design. After years of experience in the earwax, the shape and size of the case have been fine-tuned, so that the stability and comfort of wearing can be

The overall sound orientation of "FEI WAN" is well-balanced. Many years of experience in developing mixed units. Multiple mobile iron and moving units will not affect each other's play at all. High sound separation, high extension of the voice, plus good sound positioning. Whether it's pop music or large-scale music can be controlled.

A whole new step for FEI WAN.

Specs:

FEI WAN

12 units 4 min frequency

Headphone unit distribution:
2 low frequency (DD), 4 medium frequency (BA), 4 medium high frequency (BA), 2 high frequency (BA)

4-way split design

阻抗:18Ω1Khz

Sensitivity: 103db SPL @100m V RMS

Soundproof effect 26db(CM)

Frequency response: 20-20Khz

Price:HK$ 36,500
USD$ 4,688
I'm surprised it won't come out as an Aroma Audio brand. Important price.
We'll see how the first feedbacks will be

Aug 4, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #1,631 of 1,881
Dont forget 1950s also lot more pliable and portable. I love mine with the 18t. It is a very popular pairing.

Aug 7, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #1,633 of 1,881
IMG_20230802_200350_365.jpg

A little testing of op amps. I know that probably no one here is using A100, everyone has upgraded to A100TB, but I suspect the test results can be applied to it as well. My choice is A100 in particular because of the number of inputs and outputs.
Another positive point that I appreciated is the presence of only two amplifiers. There is not much space inside, so placement is very difficult. Sometimes you have to do as in the photo - combine several bridges. Sometimes installation of a pair is not possible at all due to their size.

Favorites are actually expected - Staccato, Sparkos, Burson V6 Vivid, Alpha AS401A (in single to dual splitter), Sonic Labs. Then I would mention the Burson V5, then most chip circuits like LME, Muses, etc.

In any case, I realized that it is worth searching in the direction of discrete components. It sounds well with a really good, clean and dynamic sound. Of course, this can cause problems when you're using the device portable. However, it is not a problem for me to use it on a table without a lid. So it works well. For portable use one of my favs is Sparkos or Sonic with Burson V5.

Aug 7, 2023 at 10:30 PM Post #1,634 of 1,881
Jesus the Aroma Jewel is such an amazing overall IEM. I am so late.

Orphy + Jewel frill BEAST mode. DX320 DAP only.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #1,635 of 1,881

Users who are viewing this thread

Back