Aroma audio product impressions.
Jul 12, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #1,591 of 1,881
Jul 13, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #1,592 of 1,881
Now that I have picked up the fabled Orpheus, someone please save me from financial ruin and pick this up! This is a phenomenal cable for the money
I confirm. First Times is a fantastic cable , perfect with both Jewel and Thunder , which I currently use . And anyway I think it can be a suitable cable for the majority of IEMs
P..S compliments for Orphy 😉

Jul 13, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #1,593 of 1,881
Now that I have picked up the fabled Orpheus, someone please save me from financial ruin and pick this up! This is a phenomenal cable for the money
Financial ruin...sonic bliss.

Jul 13, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #1,594 of 1,881
Financial ruin...sonic bliss.
If you need one last nudge towards the abyss... there is the Cayin RU7 yet to buy/listen... :wink:

Jul 13, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #1,595 of 1,881
Jul 13, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #1,596 of 1,881
^ great combo, for sure.

Jul 14, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #1,597 of 1,881
Musical Nirvana!!

Jul 14, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #1,598 of 1,881
If you need one last nudge towards the abyss... there is the Cayin RU7 yet to buy/listen... :wink:
I got the RU7 and Aroma Air together. Unfortunately after AIR, I can barely enjoy the RU7 anymore :sweat: AIR is WAAY better, embarasses even the Gryphon and Diablo. And the synergy with Jewel is simply majestic. This brand is truly something else.

Jul 19, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #1,599 of 1,881
I received my Aroma Amp Stack (A100TB + PS100) last night (bought @MusicTeck - Andrew is such a patient person, a gentleman).

About the amp: Man, goosebumps and beyond. What an incredible device the A100TB is! It is many levels up from my earlier favorite, the Astell & Kern PA10; I think the latter is not even close to it. It opens up the iems like none other and adds immense dynamics to the sound. But how it is doing so much is beyond my comprehension. I will write a review very soon. I think A100TB is alone super capable. Sorry for the crappy picture.

1689742479510.png

Everything that Aroma builds is gold standard, is it?

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #1,600 of 1,881
I received my Aroma Amp Stack (A100TB + PS100) last night (bought @MusicTeck - Andrew is such a patient person, a gentleman).

About the amp: Man, goosebumps and beyond. What an incredible device the A100TB is! It is many levels up from my earlier favorite, the Astell & Kern PA10; I think the latter is not even close to it. It opens up the iems like none other and adds immense dynamics to the sound. But how it is doing so much is beyond my comprehension. I will write a review very soon. I think A100TB is alone super capable. Sorry for the crappy picture.

1689742479510.png

Everything that Aroma builds is gold standard, is it?
Glad to read from someone in this forum appreciating the A100TB, which is an amazing product, almost completely ignored by the people writing here.
Congratulations on your purchase 👍😉

Jul 20, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #1,601 of 1,881
I had a major heartbreak after using the Aroma A100TB for a few hours. Channel Imbalance. This is my first such encounter. I was so happy with the initial usage, but then this happened. I had never expected this.

I waited for 15 days for it to arrive in India (someone carried it). Then, after a few hours of use, this. I was in tears when I first listened to it; it sounds so wonderful. And then again in tears when I finally accepted that there is a major channel imbalance. I got it confirmed from 3-4 people. The imbalances got worse and worse after a couple of hours, and now I cannot even use it. What a disaster and disappointment it is. We tried with three different interconnects, multiple iems, and daps too. The sound is more to the left. The centre of the stage shifts to the left.

Initially, we thought it could be because of the low battery in the amp. The amp was charged until it turned green, but again, no luck. I also tried it with the PS100 too, imagining that the battery of the amp does not come in picture when it's connected, but with no luck. I think and it's evident, that the unit has some faults. Something starts failing when it is put to use.

I am still waiting for the MusicTeck support team's reply on this. I had emailed the Aroma team with this issue, and they acknowledged that the unit could be faulty and that they needed to take a look. The problem is that I will have to ship it either to the USA (MusicTeck) or to Hong Kong for a resolution, both of which will take some time, and shipping will have some cost too. I'm not sure if this unit should be replaced or repaired.

Jul 20, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #1,602 of 1,881
I had a major heartbreak after using the Aroma A100TB for a few hours. Channel Imbalance. This is my first such encounter. I was so happy with the initial usage, but then this happened. I had never expected this.

I waited for 15 days for it to arrive in India (someone carried it). Then, after a few hours of use, this. I was in tears when I first listened to it; it sounds so wonderful. And then again in tears when I finally accepted that there is a major channel imbalance. I got it confirmed from 3-4 people. The imbalances got worse and worse after a couple of hours, and now I cannot even use it. What a disaster and disappointment it is. We tried with three different interconnects, multiple iems, and daps too. The sound is more to the left. The centre of the stage shifts to the left.

Initially, we thought it could be because of the low battery in the amp. The amp was charged until it turned green, but again, no luck. I also tried it with the PS100 too, imagining that the battery of the amp does not come in picture when it's connected, but with no luck. I think and it's evident, that the unit has some faults. Something starts failing when it is put to use.

I am still waiting for the MusicTeck support team's reply on this. I had emailed the Aroma team with this issue, and they acknowledged that the unit could be faulty and that they needed to take a look. The problem is that I will have to ship it either to the USA (MusicTeck) or to Hong Kong for a resolution, both of which will take some time, and shipping will have some cost too. I'm not sure if this unit should be replaced or repaired.
Aroma Audio themselves have fantastic support. My Aroma Air had a faulty vol up button. Sent it to Hong Kong and got it repaired within 2 weeks (they'll send you a replacement if the failure is too critical for a repair).

Jul 20, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #1,603 of 1,881
Yeah. I am still figuring out ways to fix the issue on my own. Talking to people at Musicteck and Aroma. If this issue is still there, I will have to send it for repair. It seems the current supply to the right channel is somehow getting disturbed, which is lowering the volume on the right.

Regardless of the fact that I encountered this problem, I still believe the A100TB is the best portable amp (for IEMs, at least). What an amazing sound production!

Jul 21, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #1,604 of 1,881
Yeah. I am still figuring out ways to fix the issue on my own. Talking to people at Musicteck and Aroma. If this issue is still there, I will have to send it for repair. It seems the current supply to the right channel is somehow getting disturbed, which is lowering the volume on the right.

Regardless of the fact that I encountered this problem, I still believe the A100TB is the best portable amp (for IEMs, at least). What an amazing sound production!
And Air is the best portable DAC Amp under 1000 no cap. Nothing else comes close. IER M9 sounds like 3/4 grands with it lol. Aroma wasn't joking when they mentioned 3 years of R&D. I wish their portables were less obscure.

1689915142908.png

Jul 21, 2023 at 1:14 AM Post #1,605 of 1,881
And Air is the best portable DAC Amp under 1000 no cap. Nothing else comes close. IER M9 sounds like 3/4 grands with it lol. Aroma wasn't joking when they mentioned 3 years of R&D. I wish their portables were less obscure.
Which strengthens my hypothesis that everything Aroma Audio does is of gold standards. Those who are using Air are extremely satisfied with it's sound quality.

Also worth mentioning is the level my 64Audio Fourte reaches when the A100tb comes in the chain. The Fourte has unbelievable scalability and becomes a different beast. When someone says that IEMs start performing way above their price range, it's no joke. I like Fourte better than Ragnar on the Aroma A100tb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back