Aroma audio product impressions.
Jun 30, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #1,576 of 1,881
I had a chance to audition this blue beauty recently. It is such a musical iem, I cannot even describe it. It does everything just good.

IMG_6204.jpeg
Yes, Jewel gives a simply extraordinary level of musicality and sound balance

Jul 1, 2023 at 9:42 AM Post #1,578 of 1,881
To the folks who have used Aroma A100tb+PS100, I have a question for you guys. How does it compare to the Astell&Kern Amp PA10? I had a brief session with the PA10, and it really is a great amp. The sound is quite refined and the bass is better through it. I am quite intrigued by people talking about the A100tb and am just a step away from placing an order on Musicteck. Just wanted some input on the comparison.

Thanks

Jul 1, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #1,579 of 1,881
To the folks who have used Aroma A100tb+PS100, I have a question for you guys. How does it compare to the Astell&Kern Amp PA10? I had a brief session with the PA10, and it really is a great amp. The sound is quite refined and the bass is better through it. I am quite intrigued by people talking about the A100tb and am just a step away from placing an order on Musicteck. Just wanted some input on the comparison.

Thanks
I don't have A&K PA10 , but I use my A100TB + Ps100pro with A&K SP3000 and Jewel .
Dynamics, details, resolution, bass, mids, treble, musicality , holographic stage are simply at an impressive level, a good 25% beyond the already fantastic level that is "simply" using my Jewel with the SP3000 !!!
And with the Amp volume at just 20/25%!
Jewel sounded amazing, showing a part of their huge potential, unknown to me, until then.
It's an incredible amp, simple to use, lightweight, doesn't get hot in use, and it is upgradeable. For me it is a must have

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #1,581 of 1,881
Anybody tried the aroma sparkle cable with jewel? I couldn’t find anything on the sparkle cable and the jewel deserve a better cable than the stock one

Jul 6, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #1,582 of 1,881
Jul 6, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #1,583 of 1,881
Jul 6, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #1,584 of 1,881
… you surely mean that it performs much better than the stock cable, right?
In my opinion, Aroma Audio has made an intelligent choice (although much criticized) by choosing to insert in its Jewel a cable of quality and cost not comparable to the quality of the IEMs. In doing so, the price of the iems has not risen to the point (for example) of the Traillis which include a PWAudio which in fact costs the difference in price they have with the Jewels. Doing so left it up to the user to purchase an IEM-grade cable, if they didn't already have one. I leave you below the review made by Twister6 which compares the Venom with cables that cost more than double, referring to the Jewels.

https://twister6.com/2022/07/28/in-a-snapshot-liquid-links-venom/

P.S. to answer your question...there is just no comparison between the Venom and the stock cable. :wink:

Jul 6, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #1,585 of 1,881
Reading the Twister6 review it is clear that the best value for money cable for jewels is this...

https://shop.musicteck.com/collections/liquid-links/products/liquid-links-venom

it costs less than half the PWAudio First Times (which I have on mine) and performs much better.
Well, getting first times is my first choice for the jewel considering all the positive feedbacks in the thread. I was just curious since aroma sparkle is 1/4 of the price and there are no feedbacks anywhere on this cable.

The venom cable was another one I was interested in but it looks a bit rubbery and stiff :)

Jul 6, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #1,586 of 1,881
Well, getting first times is my first choice for the jewel considering all the positive feedbacks in the thread. I was just curious since aroma sparkle is 1/4 of the price and there are no feedbacks anywhere on this cable.

The venom cable was another one I was interested in but it looks a bit rubbery and stiff :)
I had spent a good time listening to Aroma on PW Audio First Times(s). It definitely changes a lot things as it’s a great cable. It opens up the sound of Jewel a lot. You can also try going for 1950s as it also sounded nearly as good as FTs. It will save a decent amount of money.

@MusicTeck can give some inputs on the Aroma Sparkle, if it’s not reviewed anywhere.

Jul 6, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #1,588 of 1,881
Aroma Audio Air review by my good friend Mr. @Sajid Amit ! Incredible Bluetooh DAC Amp which is unfortunately, kinda obscure. Sonically it performs way better than flagship dongles like Questyle M15 and Cayin RU7. I also prefer it over every single portable that iFi makes.

Glad that Sajid is bringing it in his India visit. On 16th July, we will have a taste of this incredible device.

Jul 10, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #1,589 of 1,881
For those who want PW FT quality, Rhapsodio copper wizard mk2 sounds just as good if not a little better. It's been a while since I heard FT, so it's off my memory. Copper Wizard MK2 has all the head space, wide sound stage, clarity and energy of FT while maintaining a very natural and organic presentation. Highly recommend it. It just doesn't come up on classifieds that much. If you are paying MSRP, a used FT is about the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back