Aroma audio product impressions.
Aug 19, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #1,187 of 1,881
Yeah I'd still love to try 1ZM2! Or even 1Z OG...
Our “silent” friend got M2 with Jewel but he didn’t tell me more if not that he preferred it over other TOTL Dap.
Stress him 🤣

Aug 20, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #1,188 of 1,881
without a full burn in which I feel the cable needs these are my impressions of the Yatono ultimate vs the Venom( I speak about what is the difference and mainly speaking on the pros of Yatono.) with aroma jewel.

Blacker background

Resolution/presentation just appears better think its a combination of blacker background better layering and more depth.

width is as close as it gets it I couldn't honestly give you a 100% clear answer on this one just yet.

Dynamics on the yatono seems to hit a wall where it doesn't feel like it extends as much as with venom or stock(which I think will be fixed with the burn in and open up)
ps this also might have to do with the treble smooth over thing later in the impression.

imaging is better positioned in general(instruments and vocals occupy their own space more vivid and clear)

micro details come out clearer and don't sound like some little sound that hangs out, far away and you can barely hear it unless you’re focused on it….

treble is all there in detail but it comes out different I don't know how to describe it just yet... it's not veiled its maybe smoothed over on the very top ? but there is no lack of detail it just doesn't have insane sparkle and pierce your ears....(not that it had any before hand but source matters in this regard)

vocals are further away but still within a good distance and amazing vocal performance with everything you'll ever want or need from vocals. if you want a more "vocals in your face/head" Yatono+ jewel Might not be the combo you want. imo I think its a very well balanced position that I still get all the emotion from the performer. ( I prioritize vocal performance I enjoy hearing all the details while maintaining the grit of the vocalist etc)

Bass has more texture and quantity fills the air nicely when called upon.

PS the dynamics have broken through full extension doesn't feel lacking or short in range.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #1,189 of 1,881
without a full burn in which I feel the cable needs these are my impressions of the Yatono ultimate vs the Venom( I speak about what is the difference and mainly speaking on the pros of Yatono.) with aroma jewel.

Blacker background

Resolution/presentation just appears better think its a combination of blacker background better layering and more depth.

width is as close as it gets it I couldn't honestly give you a 100% clear answer on this one just yet.

Dynamics on the yatono seems to hit a wall where it doesn't feel like it extends as much as with venom or stock(which I think will be fixed with the burn in and open up)
ps this also might have to do with the treble smooth over thing later in the impression.

imaging is better positioned in general(instruments and vocals occupy their own space more vivid and clear)

micro details come out clearer and don't sound like some little sound that hangs out, far away and you can barely hear it unless you’re focused on it….

treble is all there in detail but it comes out different I don't know how to describe it just yet... it's not veiled its maybe smoothed over on the very top ? but there is no lack of detail it just doesn't have insane sparkle and pierce your ears....(not that it had any before hand but source matters in this regard)

vocals are further away but still within a good distance and amazing vocal performance with everything you'll ever want or need from vocals. if you want a more "vocals in your face/head" Yatono+ jewel Might not be the combo you want. imo I think its a very well balanced position that I still get all the emotion from the performer. ( I prioritize vocal performance I enjoy hearing all the details while maintaining the grit of the vocalist etc)

Bass has more texture and quantity fills the air nicely when called upon.

@klyzon
thanks for the impressions! Now I just need to figure out all the different Yatono models there are and maybe get 1 to try

Aug 25, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #1,192 of 1,881
Cross post from the Cooler :)

This is the most unbelievable setup I've ever heard. The Aroma stack is the real deal, especially paired to the LP6 AE. The bass is surreal, yes the bass with this amp on LP6 is godly, texture is off the charts - the PS100 is absolutely necessary, takes it all to another level. Mids are just stunning. Treble is less rolled off but still retaining that signature analog vibe. The subbass reach is even better than N8ii which I consider to have the best bass. Stage is wider, micro details are more present and realistic. WOW.

Signal chain is: LP6 AE > Orpheus IC > Aroma A100TB w/ PS100 > Orpheus Shielding > Aroma Jewel CIEM.

I know that it's all the price of a decent car, but f%*! does it sound ridiculously good. Please excuse the poor photo but I've been listening so long its now dark outside.

Listing closed, not letting this one go. :)

20220825_222145-01.jpeg

Aug 25, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #1,193 of 1,881

This is the most unbelievable setup I've ever heard. The Aroma stack is the real deal, especially paired to the LP6 AE. The bass is surreal, yes the bass with this amp on LP6 is godly, texture is off the charts - the PS100 is absolutely necessary, takes it all to another level. Mids are just stunning. Treble is less rolled off but still retaining that signature analog vibe. The subbass reach is even better than N8ii which I consider to have the best bass. Stage is wider, micro details are more present and realistic. WOW.

Signal chain is: LP6 AE > Orpheus IC > Aroma A100TB w/ PS100 > Orpheus Shielding > Aroma Jewel CIEM.

I know that it's all the price of a decent car, but f%*! does it sound ridiculously good. Please excuse the poor photo but I've been listening so long its now dark outside.

I hate you I am waiting for aromas dac/amp prototype to release !! I’ve been holding off on the a100tb stack :)

Aug 25, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #1,194 of 1,881
I hate you I am waiting for aromas dac/amp prototype to release !! I’ve been holding off on the a100tb stack :)
Aria or black swan?

Aug 25, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #1,195 of 1,881
“Orpheus IC” gets me every time.

Such dedication to the chain.

:relaxed:

Aug 25, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #1,197 of 1,881

20220825_222145-01.jpeg
I agree, the PS100 pro is essential

Aug 26, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #1,198 of 1,881
Aug 26, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #1,200 of 1,881

Users who are viewing this thread

Back