Aroma audio product impressions.
Jul 30, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #1,067 of 1,874
Day 4 of Jewel and loving it more with each listen. Definitely sufficiently different to Traillii, each offering their own perspective on top tier audio.

Need to trim some from the collection, reluctantly, I've put Thunder on classifieds if anyone in the EU interested... /shamless plug :)

Jul 30, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #1,068 of 1,874
After putting my traillii up for sale last week, I pulled the listing and decided not to sell it.

Then yesterday, I decided to put traillii back up for sale and it sold nearly instantly.

The lack of venting vs. jewel/xe6 is what did it in for me.

I agree traillii and jewel sound different, but overall, they go for the same type of sound, imo. And I don’t feel the overall listening experience is really that different, even though again, they do sound different in some key ways.

Both great transducers, but for the sake of my hearing, I’m focusing on vented iems.

If you keep spending time with the jewel, I believe that it will continue to grow on you.

Jul 30, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #1,069 of 1,874
After putting my traillii up for sale last week, I pulled the listing and decided not to sell it.

Then yesterday, I decided to put traillii back up for sale and it sold nearly instantly.

I agree traillii and jewel sound different, but overall, they go for the same type of sound, imo. And I don’t feel the overall listening experience is really that different, even though again, they do sound different in some key ways.

Both great transducers, but for the sake of my hearing, I’m focusing on vented iems.

If you keep spending time with the jewel, I believe that it will continue to grow on you.
went to have another session with the Traillii again today since I was considering adding another iem, but after listening for a while, I think both of them aren't too different to have both.

Now I'm considering the Elysian Anni or Storm (once I get a demo)

Jul 30, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #1,070 of 1,874
I think there are some similarities but overall, very different - where Jewel is ultra-detailed, reference, clarity... Traillii is smooth, sultry, and warm - not to say its not detailed, of course it is but its more subtle in its presentation. I can listen to Traillii for several hours, Jewel probably not - I think at this stage I'd lean more towards Jewel if I were to pick one, as it works more broadly with my library but I fully intend to keep both... at least for now, never say never in this hobby!

Jul 30, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #1,071 of 1,874
@StanleyTAI could you tell us more about new Aroma IEMs are going to be released next week?😅

Jul 30, 2022 at 6:01 PM Post #1,072 of 1,874
@StanleyTAI could you tell us more about new Aroma IEMs are going to be released next week?😅
Normally, we'll reveal details about the new IEMs.

But this time is a bit special, so for now, I can only reveal a few.

This new IEM is a collaboration with a Hong Kong music production company. There are two types of IEMs, both of which use hybrid units, which are of course tuned by aromama, but unlike the past, these two IEMs tend to be used by people who make music and perform on stage.

The price of the two, in terms of aroma standards, is not an expensive style

* The cheaper one is what I like very much.

Jul 30, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #1,073 of 1,874

This new IEM is a collaboration with a Hong Kong music production company. There are two types of IEMs, both of which use hybrid units, which are of course tuned by aromama, but unlike the past, these two IEMs tend to be used by people who make music and perform on stage.

Wait how many iems are being introduced !! Do you plan on adding bone conduction in the future ?

Jul 30, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #1,074 of 1,874
Wait how many iems are being introduced !! Do you plan on adding bone conduction in the future ?
Explore more, when Aroma grasps and understands more, related products will appear. As always, the pace of aroma.

Forgive me for not being able to reveal the future.

Jul 30, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #1,075 of 1,874
Explore more, when Aroma grasps and understands more, related products will appear. As always, the pace of aroma.

Forgive me for not being able to reveal the future.
If Aroma has plans on a A100TB successor please take note for functional design:
  • Allow enough room for larger opamp chips (can't use discrete op amps chips reliably)
  • Non-recessed 4.4mm jacks (I find Liquid Links cables don't fit)
The fact this is all I can think of, speaks to how tremendous the product is. The volume pot is lovely btw, don't change this. Of course, I welcome any improvements to sound quality, this can always be improved on.

Jul 30, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #1,076 of 1,874
Do you prefer vented IEMs due to pressure build up in your ears?

Jul 30, 2022 at 11:40 PM Post #1,077 of 1,874
yeah, basically.

there is def a difference in sensation overall with a vented iem vs. a non-vented iem.

i absolutely loved the erlkonig, and the traillii as well...both are two of the best iems i've heard, no question.

but neither had any form of pressure relief, and now that i have two totl iems that are both vented, it's just too hard for me to ignore the differences when swapping back and forth with something non-vented.

Jul 31, 2022 at 1:46 AM Post #1,078 of 1,874
If Aroma has plans on a A100TB successor please take note for functional design:
  • Allow enough room for larger opamp chips (can't use discrete op amps chips reliably)
  • Non-recessed 4.4mm jacks (I find Liquid Links cables don't fit)
The fact this is all I can think of, speaks to how tremendous the product is. The volume pot is lovely btw, don't change this. Of course, I welcome any improvements to sound quality, this can always be improved on.
I’m picking up the stack today hopefully woohoo
yeah, basically.

there is def a difference in sensation overall with a vented iem vs. a non-vented iem.

i absolutely loved the erlkonig, and the traillii as well...both are two of the best iems i've heard, no question.

but neither had any form of pressure relief, and now that i have two totl iems that are both vented, it's just too hard for me to ignore the differences when swapping back and forth with something non-vented.
Also a reason I can have the lx worn for the longest time with it’s insane bass are cause of vents. Any kind of pressure relief helps my ears a lot

Jul 31, 2022 at 3:25 AM Post #1,079 of 1,874
That will be the one and only reason I change from Jewel, if Aroma come out with basically a Jewel with BCD later in down the line. I look forward to that day if it ever happens buy until then I'll enjoy Jewel with every minute of playtime it gets!

Interest peaked, for a long time I've wanted a reference monitor that doesn't cost a fortune. I've always kept a curious eye on UERR in the classifieds but to me, having one from Aroma will be a no brainer. Look forward to seeing these released Stanley. 2 types I assume means 2 different driver configurations?

Jul 31, 2022 at 4:39 AM Post #1,080 of 1,874
Interest peaked, for a long time I've wanted a reference monitor that doesn't cost a fortune. I've always kept a curious eye on UERR in the classifieds but to me, having one from Aroma will be a no brainer. Look forward to seeing these released Stanley. 2 types I assume means 2 different driver configurations?

Interesting assumption, but overall, there is no big difference in the driver units between the two, only a small difference in the amount of use. Sound-wise, I need to keep it secret until Friday, but I think both will have a new impression on everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back