Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Third: March 23rd, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #77 of 162
If that day works for me and my friends, we will bring legend R10.

May also have some HiFiman electrostatic equipment there as well.

Our wallets cower in fear!

Anyway, updates guys, to the OOP, including SchiitKit contents and such Also, did we mention:
3. THERE WILL BE FREE FOOD. Yes sir: chicken tenders, teriyaki skewers, cheese, fruit, chips and salsa, coffee, iced tea, and of course the finest water with lemon.

Take note again as well:
Raffle: There will be a raffle! This time, tickets will not be for sale; each attendee will receive one (1) FREE entry into the drawing, they need only put their name on a signup sheet at the event. As stated above, entrants must be present at the time of the drawing (3PM) to win. Possible prizes include a Schiit Modi Multibit DAC (yes, the latest iteration), a set of Meze 99 Classics headphones, an Audeze iSine10 IEM, and an iBasso IT01 IEM!

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #78 of 162
I am not going to list everything I will be bringing but I also have some Koss 950 and their E 90 amp. I remembered my Chord Hugo dac so will bring it.

Also making some more high end ICs. I used to make them commercially so these are some nice special silver types for the desktop amps and for some of the good portable I will have at the meet. Glad I have a vehicle that will hold everything.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #79 of 162
Hello all,
I only attended 1 of the meet more than 10 years ago in Boston.
I didn't see any Grado so I will bring
old black grado SR325 with the star drivers
grado GS1000e
MAD Ear+HD
Wyred 4 Sound dac2-dsd
I don't have any good source except my laptop via USB with some Vietnamese music not sure people want to listen to

Thank you

Mar 7, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #80 of 162
Hello all,
I only attended 1 of the meet more than 10 years ago in Boston.
I didn't see any Grado so I will bring
old black grado SR325 with the star drivers
grado GS1000e
MAD Ear+HD
Wyred 4 Sound dac2-dsd
I don't have any good source except my laptop via USB with some Vietnamese music not sure people want to listen to

Thank you
I will have plenty of amps that can be used. I will also bring the almost, entire line of RSA portables from the tiny, The Shadow to all the balanced RSA portables. Also the iBasso P5 (2) that are single ended and can drive most any headphone with ease and then some desktop models in tube and solid state.

Also will be bringing a new Jade II and the Jade II amp from HiFiman. And possibly a HiFiman raffle item.

I would bring my Focal Utopia but I won't even let my wife use them. lol Sorry,.

Mar 12, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #84 of 162
This time I have better news. Not only will we get to listen to the T4 amp, but also the new Walnut DAC from Doug Savitz/ Beezar.

Please come by my table to give a listen and share your impressions with me, as well as in the 'meet impressions thread'. Be aware that the T4 has only a 4-pin XLR output jack.

Mar 12, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #86 of 162
Just received the Empyrean a few hours ago. Quite the excellent. I'm really curious to hear the groups take on them.
Like @funch said, stop by my table for a listen along with posting your take in the meet impressions thread.
I'll also have ZMF's Verite and Aeolus at my table (along with a ton of my personal headphones to take a listen) so please also post your take of Zach's artwork in the impressions thread too.

As a side-note for any new attendees: The members of the trade are kind enough to loan us their gear so leaving our impressions is invaluable to them and for other Headfi members.
11 days!!

Mar 12, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #87 of 162
Well, I thought about driving, but man, something is happening in Phoenix the weekend. The hotel rates are off the chart!

Mar 12, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #88 of 162
It's peak season in the entire Phoenix metro area and spring training baseball. People come all over the country for exhibition baseball. I was told there were rooms available at the Hampton (same parking lot adjacent to the Hilton) a few days ago for about $250. I'm sure there's other Hotels/Motels to stay at that's cheaper but not right there at the meet site other then the Hampton. Come on down man...we'd love to have you again. It's shaping up to be the best one yet brother!

Hampton's sold out.
If you want to drive a bit over 10 miles from the hotel, there's rooms for about $150 a night but you'd need to jump on it.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #89 of 162
It's peak season in the entire Phoenix metro area and spring training baseball. People come all over the country for exhibition baseball. I was told there were rooms available at the Hampton (same parking lot adjacent to the Hilton) a few days ago for about $250. I'm sure there's other Hotels/Motels to stay at that's cheaper but not right there at the meet site other then the Hampton. Come on down man...we'd love to have you again. It's shaping up to be the best one yet brother!
too pricey for a cheap ass like me. Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back