are young men struggling with sexual id?
Jan 1, 2008 at 9:48 AM Post #46 of 71
As someone who lived through the New Romantic fashion of the early 1980, and had friends who were perfectly straight but still wore makeup, I think that there is nothing really wrong with this type of concept.

I would never buy a cutesy or girly type of t-shirt for myself, or in fact wear one at all. All of my Ts are plain black or white. I'm not a walking billboard, not until I start getting paid to wear a particular brand, which is never going to happen.

Jan 1, 2008 at 10:32 AM Post #47 of 71
Everyone's entitled to live their life the way they want, as long as it doesn't interfere with anyone else's welfare. No Hello Kitty or makeup for me. Fitted hat, Smokey Branch camouflage, Timberland jeans and green hemp Chucks today. I do have a Cinnamoroll sticker on the back of my Zen Vision:M though. It was placed there by a 9-year-old girl who has Cinnamoroll everything. lol

Jan 1, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #48 of 71
If you ever see a guy wearing that stuff, he probably has a bigger wang than you...or not one at all.

Jan 1, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #49 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you ever see a guy wearing that stuff, he probably has a bigger wang than you...or not one at all.

It always comes down to SIZE anxiety, doesn't it?

Laz

Jan 2, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #51 of 71
I just saw the thread title as if for the first time:

"are young men struggling with sexual id?

A lot seem to be struggling with sexual EGO!

"Speed the Fez"

Laz

Jan 2, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #52 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You people have to quit being so uptight about your sexuality.

I would say it's more a matter of taste. I just don't think guys look good (not necessarily feminine) with a cartoon cat wearing on a bow on their clothes. It's a case of "just cause you can, doesn't mean you should".

Jan 2, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #53 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say it's more a matter of taste. I just don't think guys look good (not necessarily feminine) with a cartoon cat wearing on a bow on their clothes. It's a case of "just cause you can, doesn't mean you should".

Yes! I slogged through 55 pages of "Anime Losers Meet Headphone Geeks" this very evening, and the very thought of Hello Kitty right now is: Horror! Horror!
eek.gif

"Speed the Fez"

Laz

Jan 2, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #56 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Struggling would imply some sort of fight against men wearing Hello Kitty.

This sickness must come to an end. I think it's time to lick the kitty!

Jan 2, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #58 of 71
Quote:

It actually seems like they're not struggling at all. Struggling would imply some sort of fight against men wearing Hello Kitty.

The struggle I refer to is not the struggle within society, but the struggle within each of us to find who we are as individuals.

Jan 2, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #59 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The struggle I refer to is not the struggle within society, but the struggle within each of us to find who we are as individuals.

That's what I was trying to say too. Japanese men don't have any problem at all with themselves wearing Hello Kitty, so it's not much of a struggle.
tongue.gif

Jan 2, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #60 of 71
Quote:

dunno why, but your post inspired me to get a new avatar.

I'm not licking that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back