are young men struggling with sexual id?
Jan 2, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #61 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what I was trying to say too. Japanese men don't have any problem at all with themselves wearing Hello Kitty, so it's not much of a struggle.
tongue.gif

Men or teens?

You seem to be getting caught up on the word struggle.

The struggle is the same one that all of us go through - sexual and personal identity. It's not just about wether to wear Hello Kitty.

This is what I mean by identity struggle in this context
Identity (social science) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jan 2, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #62 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not just about wether to wear Hello Kitty.

Oh, I believe it is.

Jan 2, 2008 at 5:56 AM Post #63 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, I believe it is.

I interpret this as a more complex issue than just a single decision to wear Hello Kitty. That decision is just one of many thousands of decisions that people make in an attempt to define who they to themselves and within society.

But your view is accepted.

Jan 2, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #66 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're sure that's a chick??
wink.gif

Laz

I hope so... if not, it wouldn't be the first time I made an, um, assumption
eek.gif

I was at a party in San Francisco and saw a gorgeous, absolutely stunning, supermodel hot person walking around. My roommate at the time was friends with a lot of the people there, so I figured maybe he could introduce us. I said "Dude, do you know her?" "Yep." "Do you know if she's single?" "Don't know, why don't you go ask him." HIM! Of course this was a major buzzkill, but I've got to say that you have to give the guy some credit, he totally passed as a woman, and a super hot one at that. Thank god for my roommate; if he hadn't stopped me I would have probably been in for the surprise of my life.

Jan 2, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #67 of 71
Here's something to add to the manliness.

Jan 2, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #69 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's nuts. Some poor schmuck somewhere will think someone's aiming a toy gun at him and then the madness will begin.

Yes - it's just the thing to pull a job with.

"Speed the Fez"

Laz

Jan 9, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #70 of 71
I decided to switch my avatar up too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #71 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As someone who lived through the New Romantic fashion of the early 1980, and had friends who were perfectly straight but still wore makeup, I think that there is nothing really wrong with this type of concept.

I would never buy a cutesy or girly type of t-shirt for myself, or in fact wear one at all. All of my Ts are plain black or white. I'm not a walking billboard, not until I start getting paid to wear a particular brand, which is never going to happen.

and what a name to go with the attitude!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back