Are you male or female?
Nov 17, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #46 of 102
Well; I logged in as "Male" so's not to goof up the spirit of this thread.

However; I've noticed something interesting while following my Wife around the Grocery store when we go shopping. There's a whole lot more guys nowadays pushing carts all by themselves with little preschool folks going along for the ride with no Mom or Wife to be seen. Lots of Dads are starting to look a lot like "Moms"!

Yeah; I'm retired, so I go shopping with the Little Woman cuz She's afraid to leave me home alone. Anyway; we adopted four of our Grandkids and me and the Wife share a lot of the chores and responsibilities of raising them, and the traditional lines between who's Mom and who's Dad are sometimes blurred.

But my plumbing says I'm the Dad!

Nov 17, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #48 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to know the proportion of males to females who are active here. Go.

This has been polled before, several times.

IIRC the percentage of us willing to risk ridicule, harassment, stalking, flirting, marginalizing, etc and admit to being female was approximately 10%.
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #50 of 102
90% of that 10% consisted of the male members of Team Girl-fi and Redshifter.

Nov 18, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #51 of 102
^ LOL!

Drats, I shoulda known this has been done before. 10% is higher than the polls show now, but I guess we'll see as time progresses. Maybe some of the "others" are girls who want to avoid the flirtation... I wouldn't say girls would be ridiculed here though. Worshiped, maybe... Say, that john5520 fiasco is over, right? mule-orifice. <take that, censors!>

Nov 18, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #56 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No no, you can determine your gender by flipping a coin.
smily_headphones1.gif

Weird- I flipped a coin and got Indiana (which has a race car on it).

So do I vote "other" as gender?

Nov 18, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #58 of 102
last time i checked i was male

Nov 18, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #59 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
last time i checked i was male

Lets hope it have not changed since then...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 8:43 AM Post #60 of 102
This poll doesn't take into account the fact that the majority of people who go onto forums are male. The ratio would still be overwhelmingly male, but there are probably more girls who like headphones than Head-Fi can determine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back