Are you male or female?
Nov 18, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #61 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This poll doesn't take into account the fact that the majority of people who go onto forums are male. The ratio would still be overwhelmingly male, but there are probably more girls who like headphones than Head-Fi can determine.

ehh.. So where would these girls inform themselves about headphones?
confused.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 9:01 AM Post #62 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by feNcheL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused.gif

sleepovers, baby showers, and ladies' restroom. Duh.

Nov 18, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #63 of 102
If you have a girl top and a boy bottom, you are in fact a boy.

Just like if you have a girl top and a fish bottom, it makes you a fish. You can't very well have boy humans mixing with fish.....it just isn't right...not to mention what that violates religiously!
redface.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 10:05 AM Post #64 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I refuse to participate in an extremely pointless thread.

You just did. Duh!

Besides, "extremely pointless" is to pointless what redundant is to redundant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just like if you have a girl top and a fish bottom, it makes you a fish.

I've known a couple of those. Not entirely pleasant memories, but not entirely unpleasant either.

{Desperately searches to locate appropriate emoticon to insert ---> *here* <---, but search fails to produce a match. Nonetheless, an effort at levity was indeed intended.}

Nov 18, 2008 at 10:19 AM Post #65 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by feNcheL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused.gif

Forums aren't the only means of information. Our generation has just become so accustom to forums that we forget how people used to research items.

Nov 18, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #67 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by solessthanthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why're there twice as many others as females X |

Obviously a lot of weirdoes around here...
tongue.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 11:26 AM Post #71 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This poll doesn't take into account the fact that the majority of people who go onto forums are male. The ratio would still be overwhelmingly male, but there are probably more girls who like headphones than Head-Fi can determine.

That isn't a limitation with the poll as such. Now, if I concluded based solely on this poll that males are more interested in audio equipment than females (or that there are more male audiophiles than female audiophiles), then I would have failed to account for potential confounding variables, such as the one you mentioned. I've not made such claims, nor do I intend to. So what's the point of the poll? Think of it sort of like a pilot study.

That said: My gf goes to a craft forum. It has far more members than Head-Fi, very few of whom are male. Are males really more likely to frequent online fora? Hard to say, really. Have you data on this, yukihiro?

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #74 of 102
Male.

Funny, it really does seem that there are more transvesites or androgynous people than girls here in head-fi. If the "Other" option is to be believed that is...
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #75 of 102
"Other" is likely an amalgamation of people who either don't want to identify their sex or gender (because they're afraid of flirting or harassment or whatever), people who identify with nonstandard gender archetypes, or people trying to be contrary.

Probably, mostly people trying to be contrary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back