Are you 'immune' to Marketing?
May 27, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #46 of 79

Quote:
I don't care who's name stands on the headphone at all, for me it's about 70% down to having the right sound signature and frequency response balance and 20% isolation (I'm a computer hardware enthusiast overclocking and such so don't usually have the most quietest comp) and 10% comfort. I'd wear a "Hello Kitty" pink headphone if it had the sound I would be looking for to express my stand about the looks which means nothing to me for example.

Challenge Accepted!
coloud-hello-kitty-headphones-pink-label-11347996.jpeg

If you wear those outside, I swear you're my hero.

May 27, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #47 of 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardKing1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Challenge Accepted!
coloud-hello-kitty-headphones-pink-label-11347996.jpeg

If you wear those outside, I swear you're my hero.

Those were exactly the ones I was thinking of that I saw in the "ugliest headphones ever" thread probably (however I think they are quite cute but that's another topic of discussion). :p However I said I would wear it only "IF IT HAD THE SOUND I WAS LOOKING FOR" as otherwise it would just be pointless to wear them unless you look for attention but nice try. :p Besides I simply don't listen on-the-go only at home but it would be an entertaining moment for some friends visiting at least. 

May 27, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #50 of 79

Quote:
It must be so boring if there is no 'marketing' to make me excited.

It must be so quiet  if there is no 'marketing' to make me confused. 

May 27, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #51 of 79

Quote:
Those were exactly the ones I was thinking of that I saw in the "ugliest headphones ever" thread probably (however I think they are quite cute but that's another topic of discussion). :p However I said I would wear it only "IF IT HAD THE SOUND I WAS LOOKING FOR" as otherwise it would just be pointless to wear them unless you look for attention but nice try. :p Besides I simply don't listen on-the-go only at home but it would be an entertaining moment for some friends visiting at least. 

If you can give me a model number and a name, i'll buy it and wear it outside. I'm a guy btw.

Feb 17, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #55 of 79
There is more marketing I dislike than marketing that makes me interested in a product.
Focal for example gives their products such a chichi-image that I don't like them at all.
And Sennheisers video about the HE1 is one of the worst adverisments I have ever seen.

Feb 17, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #56 of 79
I have never bought a pair of headphones or any hifi product for that matter because of marketing. Maybe indirect, because you at least have to be aware a product exists and the manufacturer has to present their product first. But I am not sensitive to the story, the mood or the life style a certain campaign tries to communicate, if I don't like the looks of the pair and more importantly if I don't like the price I'll pass. It is more likely I'd buy a pair despite a completely ridiculous and cheesy advertising.
Back in the 90s the Diesel jeans commercials were so much cooler for their more anti-cool image than the Levi's ones in that era. Never considered buying a pair of Diesel jeans.

Feb 22, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #57 of 79
Depends, does headfi count as marketing? Bought a 1266 once :D

Feb 23, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #58 of 79
i know i might of done it if i was younger. the only thing i bought that was endorsed though was a tennis racquet. a celebrity endorsing a product has absolutely no effect on me now so the quality of the product is what matters
Yes I agree younger people are more tied to externals. These days I dress like a troll, have no idea about who the "stars" are now and what they say. Isn't Katy Perry one of them? Can't sing worth a lick. Same with this "eyelash" person. 😊

Feb 23, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #59 of 79
My mind is immume, my heart and love for the music is not.

Hence I tell my heart to s t f u. Lol

Feb 23, 2022 at 9:28 PM Post #60 of 79
Distrust and verify

Users who are viewing this thread

Back