Are You Happy With Your Rig?
Apr 30, 2009 at 9:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

olblueyez

Banned
Just wanted to say that I am extremely happy with my rig and I don't feel the need to buy anything for it. This is all thanks to many members who answered many questions and some obsessive tube rolling. I realized all this the last few days because I have not been skipping around in my FLAC library, rather I have been letting it run on and on and on. Because of this I realized my system sounds so good to me that I am enjoying a lot of music I just would not be able to listen to in the past. I made it through an entire Sarah Vaughn album tonight and this album had already been put on my "Permanent Skip List", well I have to say she is amazing and the album is beautiful. This album is one of many I have come to enjoy for the first time or again after years in the last few days.

Vote on your system and tell us if your satisfied with your system. If you are not satisfied then tell us why.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 9:31 AM Post #2 of 55
I'm pretty satisfied now and don't imagine I'll try and go higher. I've gone somewhat overboard though and should really have sunk the money into a speaker rig, but ultimately I've learned quite a bit, had fun and made some great friends in the process.

Apr 30, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #3 of 55
I was happy with my rig before I joined Head-Fi, and that was going on six years ago.

Apr 30, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #4 of 55
Hehe, nice poll, olblueyez
tongue.gif

I'm happy but not totally satisfied, as reading head-fi is completely poisoning my wallet
tongue.gif

With around 2K$ more in a future, i will be able to say that im completely satisfied. Hope that day i will be able to calm myself and stop buying
wink.gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 12:19 PM Post #5 of 55
I think my gear at the moment is only skimming the surface. A high-end DAC and amp would be in my plans for the future once I finish uni and have a full-time job.

I do have my eyes on a set of speakers for my computer soon though.

Apr 30, 2009 at 12:35 PM Post #6 of 55
I wanna upgrade my DAC and my amp both.

Headphones are great

Apr 30, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #7 of 55
I have a DT220, K271s, KSC75, & Mini3, but need/want a DT48, nice home amp, and a dac. And maybe some nice cables. And a better receiver. And speakers. And more records.
biggrin.gif

When I clicked Vote, I went to a thread from 2001. Weird.

Olblueyz, when did you get a Raptor?

Apr 30, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #8 of 55
Pretty happy. I must be happy though as I am dead broke.
wink.gif

Also, didn't we already have a "Happy With Your Rig Poll"?

Apr 30, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #9 of 55
I'm completely satisfied. The last step was DIYing a silver plated copper interconnect between my dac and amp about 8-10 months ago.
wink.gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #10 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same happened to me, something about not finding the right forum.

Anyways… I'm completely satisfied with my main rig (MBP/SA7001 –> Havana –> Trafomatic Experience Head One –> GS1000), but I'm still curious about several headphones.

Apr 30, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #12 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a DT220, K271s, KSC75, & Mini3, but need/want a DT48, nice home amp, and a dac. And maybe some nice cables. And a better receiver. And speakers. And more records.
biggrin.gif

Olblueyz, when did you get a Raptor?

I think it was Nov or Dec 08. The DT48 is the rage lately, I hope I get a crack at some of them soon. I heard some Yamaha Orthos recently and they were nice. Sounds like the DT48 will be similar.

Apr 30, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #13 of 55
I also got taken to another thread about finding another hifi forum.

Anyway, i need a Zune or better sounding dac with very high capacity and drag n drop and a replaceable battery. The closest thing may be the Archos 5, but i havent heard one yet, and i have to check on the battery.

Then i want a Lisa lll, and a Meier 3Move.

I havent decided what final headphones id want.

Who am i kidding? Ill never stop!!! lol
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back