Are you a console or PC gamer?
Mar 8, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #451 of 969
I'm using an Insignia mouse now instead of my laptop's touchpad. It's so much more efficient! I give up some precision (I can easily control things with accuracy down to a single pixel with the touchpad), especially without a mousepad at the moment, but I can get things done so much more quickly this way, and it's easier on my hands and fingers.

Although I still identify as a console gamer, I got rid of most of my consoles years ago. The only remaining ones are in storage in another state. So technically, the only gaming I do nowadays is on PC. Ironic, huh?

Here's a list of all the consoles I've owned, in order of their release date:

home:
Nintendo Entertainment System
Sega Genesis
Sega Pico
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
PlayStation
Nintendo 64
Nintendo GameCube
PlayStation 3
Nintendo Wii

handheld:
Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP
PlayStation Portable
Nintendo 3DS
PlayStation Vita

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #454 of 969
  cherry mx browns and pmw 3366 fanboy here :p

I'm also a PMW3366 fanboy, after using such mice (Logitech G Pro and G403) I can't go back to anything else.

I hate Cherry MX Browns though.  Not tactile enough for the tactility to be worthwhile.  
tongue.gif

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #455 of 969
  Razer fanboy checking in. :p

cherry mx browns and pmw 3366 fanboy here :p

I'm also a PMW3366 fanboy, after using such mice (Logitech G Pro and G403) I can't go back to anything else.

I hate Cherry MX Browns though.  Not tactile enough for the tactility to be worthwhile.  
tongue.gif

So just for convenience, can you guys link me to the best keyboards and mice you know of? I'm just using cheapo ones now.

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #457 of 969
  depends on what kind of sound/tactile response you prefer, and if you need the number pad

This.  Here is a guide to get started.

http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/official-mechanical-keyboard-guide

I suggest a switch tester so you can find out your favorite switch type before buying.  This is the best one I know of and it is the one I have.

http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-keyboard-keycap-cherry-mx-switch-o-ring-pro-sampler-tester-kit.html

As for mice, I suggest a finely made cloth mouse pad and one of the higher end Logitech mice (whichever one has a shape you think you will like).  The PMW3366 sensor is widely accepted as being the best and most precise, and it is (or was) exclusive to Logitech.  I have both the G Pro and G403.

Mar 14, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #460 of 969

This.  Here is a guide to get started.

http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/official-mechanical-keyboard-guide

I suggest a switch tester so you can find out your favorite switch type before buying.  This is the best one I know of and it is the one I have.

http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-keyboard-keycap-cherry-mx-switch-o-ring-pro-sampler-tester-kit.html

As for mice, I suggest a finely made cloth mouse pad and one of the higher end Logitech mice (whichever one has a shape you think you will like).  The PMW3366 sensor is widely accepted as being the best and most precise, and it is (or was) exclusive to Logitech.  I have both the G Pro and G403.

Logitech's big problem is they have great tech but bad "feel," if that makes sense. Like yeah, the sensors are awesome and all, but the Razer Deathadder remains the best feeling mouse I've tried. 

Mar 15, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #461 of 969

Logitech's big problem is they have great tech but bad "feel," if that makes sense. Like yeah, the sensors are awesome and all, but the Razer Deathadder remains the best feeling mouse I've tried. 

You mean shape?  That will vary from person to person. Or perhaps you're referring to something else.  

Mar 15, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #462 of 969

You mean shape?  That will vary from person to person. Or perhaps you're referring to something else.  

Just everything. The scroll wheel, the weight, the button placement, the materials. 

Logitech's stuff feels like toys, especially their high end keyboards. I respect the tech inside them but man I can't get over how unpleasant they all feel to use.

Mar 15, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #463 of 969

Just everything. The scroll wheel, the weight, the button placement, the materials. 

Logitech's stuff feels like toys, especially their high end keyboards. I respect the tech inside them but man I can't get over how unpleasant they all feel to use.

I like how reasonably priced it is considering you think it's the best in the world. I thought it was gonna be hundreds of dollars or something. lol

Mar 15, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #464 of 969

They have high end mice (body and buttons), but yes their keyboards suck.

Mar 15, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #465 of 969

I like how reasonably priced it is considering you think it's the best in the world. I thought it was gonna be hundreds of dollars or something. lol

Yeah, I mean there are definitely more expensive keyboards out there, but I don't think there's going to be any tangible benefit.

I've seen a lot of reviewers loving the Corsair K95, but speaking personally, the K70 didn't exactly wow me, and since the 95 is just a "more of that" keyboard I'm not really sold. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back