Are you a console or PC gamer?
Feb 11, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #376 of 969
  Well it shouldn't be too much longer for DX11 support. Sure would like to fire up GTA5 once more

I'd probably have to buy a new GPU first. When I assembled my current work PC the only requirements were small seize and low power consumption so my GPU is not exactly a gaming beast.

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #377 of 969
PC gaming all the way and of course I build all my custom H2O cooled rigs..enjoy

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #378 of 969

Guess what you and I have in common.
biggrin.gif

(We're both Focal Elear owners...though I'm about to trade mine away for a month.)

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #379 of 969
Forgot to mention I owned a Wii U. Actually bought it 3 times new, unfortunately one was stolen and I had to sell the other one. Now I play all the Wii U exclusives since I'm waiting on the Switch. Wii U is actually a pretty great system. Sucks it failed. Playing Xenoblade Chronicles X on it and it's gorgeous. I prefer Nintendo for consoles and my PC for everything else. Sony and Microsoft just don't seem to be making anything new/unique anymore.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #380 of 969

Guess what you and I have in common.
biggrin.gif

(We're both Focal Elear owners...though I'm about to trade mine away for a month.)

Are you keeping them or getting something (for a month or in a month) else I really love their sq..enjoy

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #382 of 969

Doing a trial trade: my Elear for another member's TH900. If either of us doesn't want to keep the other headphone after using it for a month, we'll simply trade back.

I summarized my Elear impressions here.

Excellent impressions I do agree with thanks for that link good read..

Feb 17, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #383 of 969
I've only ever played consoles up till now.  I just built my first dedicated PC game machine.

The two main reasons for going PC is Steam and GOG.com.

I love Steam.  I've recently purchased 6 games and I haven't even spent $20.

Steam has a Square Enix sale right now, picked up these titles this morning....

Deus EX GOTY $1.94
Tomb Raider 1 $1.94
Tomb Raider Anniversary $2.49

Because of GOG I get to play Magic Carpet 1& 2, Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 etc. for pocket change.

PC gaming all the way.

Feb 17, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #384 of 969
  I've only ever played consoles up till now.  I just built my first dedicated PC game machine.

The two main reasons for going PC is Steam and GOG.com.

I love Steam.  I've recently purchased 6 games and I haven't even spent $20.

Steam has a Square Enix sale right now, picked up these titles this morning....

Deus EX GOTY $1.94
Tomb Raider 1 $1.94
Tomb Raider Anniversary $2.49

Because of GOG I get to play Magic Carpet 1& 2, Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 etc. for pocket change.

PC gaming all the way.

Check out Humble bundle as well.  Game prices is one of the reasons why PC gaming can easily be less expensive in the long run.

Now wait until you try some of the best PC exclusive games and mods.  Deus Ex GOTY is a fine place to start.  While it did get ported to PS2 at some point, it has some amazing mods and isn't limited to old tiny resolutions and such.  I suggest using Revision mod right off the bat, it's on Steam and it is a universal improvement/overhaul mod, mostly graphical (including a DX10 renderer) but fixes some gameplay issues as well.  Play it on Realistic difficulty, it's actually most balanced.

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #385 of 969

Check out Humble bundle as well.  Game prices is one of the reasons why PC gaming can easily be less expensive in the long run.

Now wait until you try some of the best PC exclusive games and mods.  Deus Ex GOTY is a fine place to start.  While it did get ported to PS2 at some point, it has some amazing mods and isn't limited to old tiny resolutions and such.  I suggest using Revision mod right off the bat, it's on Steam and it is a universal improvement/overhaul mod, mostly graphical (including a DX10 renderer) but fixes some gameplay issues as well.  Play it on Realistic difficulty, it's actually most balanced.

Got some really great deals on humble bundle but I already owned some of the games because I didn't know of them before. Also can't wait for the ps3 emulator to get more stable, the cemu and citra emulators are taking leaps of progress and pretty stable already.

Feb 18, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #386 of 969

Thanks for the tip on Revision.  I may not have even noticed it.  I now have a third reason to choose PC... mods. 

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #387 of 969

Thanks for the tip on Revision.  I may not have even noticed it.  I now have a third reason to choose PC... mods. 

Yes!  I've played total conversion mods (this type of mod is equivalent to a full fledged game) that outdoes AAA games in the areas that really matter, like writing, quest design, gameplay, art design, originality, longevity, attention to detail in all of these areas, and even soundtrack believe it or not.  This one called Underhell is one of the absolute best FPS games I have ever played, and I've been playing FPS since the late 1990s.

http://moddb.com/mods/underhell/

Many of the best multiplayer shooters began as total conversion mods too, like Natural Selection 2 (the first one is a mod for Half-Life) which I rank in the top 3 best PvP shooters of all time, Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 (originated as Red Orchestra, a mod for Unreal Tournament 2004), Killing Floor/Killing Floor 2 (originated as a mod for UT2004), No More Room in Hell (free standalone mod on Steam).

Right now I'm playing a community made adaptation of The Temple of Elemental Evil (which was a 1985 pen and paper RPG module), and it is considerably better than any recent commercial video game RPG I've played.  So this modding excellence extends to many genres.

On a side note, most people don't know that most mainstream popular video game franchises began as PC exclusives.  Examples include Call of Duty, Battlefield, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, Grand Theft Auto was technically released on PC first but the Playstation release came very shortly after.

Feb 19, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #388 of 969
For me if it's a multi-platform release I will pick PC first. On PC I can still play games that are over 10 years old while on console I'm stuck with a certain gen. If my console dies I'm f**ed while on PC I can just swap some parts. For my console fix I play on Playstation. They seem to have more exclusive worth playing. For me anyway. 
For buying PC games I use deals razerzone. They track around 8 or 9 different websites for deals. Steam and GOG being one of them. You can build a wishlist and they will send you an email when a game goes on sale. It's really handy.

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #389 of 969
Very true good point I like consoles I just sick big time as a gamer with them can't get used to the controller's, too many years with keyboard & mouse..enjoy

Feb 19, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #390 of 969
  Very true good point I like consoles I just sick big time as a gamer with them can't get used to the controller's, too many years with keyboard & mouse..enjoy

hehe. I guess what we're used to makes anything else seem alien. I've played consoles since before kindergarten (Duck Hunt on NES is one of my earliest memories), so controllers feel natural to me. I've also used computers for most of my life, but not much for gaming. I can't control things well with a keyboard and mouse, especially with more advanced games that originally used joysticks for camera and character movement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back