Are you a cable person?
May 28, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #136 of 199
Quote:

Originally Posted by ex0du5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And guys....don't forget that in the electronics you're using, the circuit boards are made of extremely thin copper anyways!

Not for those using an analog front-end with a P2P wired amp & phono stage
tongue.gif

May 28, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #138 of 199
Quote:

Originally Posted by ILikeMusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sure hope you are are kidding, because deleting a series of posts without so much as a warning, or even a notation that the deletion occurred (!) is so shockingly inappropriate that I can't believe any moderator would actually do it...

This is just how it works here.

May 28, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #139 of 199
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Experience and an open mind generate equivalent, acceptable results.

If you think incorrect results are acceptable, well then you might be right.

May 28, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #140 of 199
I used to be a cable guy with my home gear, I have several thousand $$$ worth of Wireworld and Synergistic Research...then I stumbled onto Blue Jeans and ordered some just for fun...I put it in to do some A/B's, but never got around to the B's...I just left the Blue Jeans stuff in--mostly because I'm lazy, but also because it sounded fine to me.

I have a pair of HD650's and wouldn't have given cabling a second thought except for all of the attention given to HD650 upgrades around here...I can buy into the balanced cables, but the others....?

May 28, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #141 of 199
Quote:

I sure hope you are are kidding, because deleting a series of posts without so much as a warning, or even a notation that the deletion occurred (!) is so shockingly inappropriate that I can't believe any moderator would actually do it...

Really?

To the OP: Yes, I am, and do.

Regarding the premiser of this whole thread:

BeatDeadHorse.gif

May 28, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #142 of 199
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really?

To the OP: Yes, I am, and do.

Regarding the premiser of this whole thread:

BeatDeadHorse.gif

Whoop that pony
smily_headphones1.gif
Whoop 'em good this time , so as he stays whooped
wink.gif

Anyone want to suggest a good quality SPDIF cable , before I go over to BlueJeanes and order? I may be persuaded to change my mind.

May 28, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #143 of 199
Quote:

Originally Posted by ex0du5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was kidding about the gestapo thing....but yes the posts were deleted. They were deleted because we mentionned DBT. No scientific method regarding cable testing is allowed here
rolleyes.gif

DBT discussions lead to lots of flame wars and arguments. They're not frowned upon because they're a scientific method, but because they frequently lead to arguments, flame wars, deleted posts, and locked threads.

May 29, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #145 of 199
A cable person to some degree. More so in headphone cables, less in interconnects. Anyways, good cables don't have too cost much and just because a lot of cables companies and the prices charged are a joke doesn't mean there are good examples, too (Blue Jeans e.g.).

As for the "physics" argument, physics is based on tests and not about dictating things into reality. If reality doesn't concide with the thesis, either the tests were handled inproperly or the thesis was wrong / incomplete. Or as another option, a lot of people simply don't understand the thesis, usually resorting to oversimplifications but sticking with their authoritative, know-it-all, and you-guys-are-all-stupid-for-believing attitude. I think all three options exist in audiophilia to more or lesser degrees.

But I do believe that people buying >$200 cables or docks for an Ipod and a portable amp need to think things over, unless they're investment bankers.
icon10.gif

May 29, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #148 of 199
Quote:

Yeah, I just decided to be happy that cable believers don't design bridges or airplanes, and leave it at that.

Sorry to disappoint you, but we do.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 29, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #149 of 199
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for disappointing you, but we do.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I know - I have a close friend who's a civil engineer and a full-fledged cable believer
biggrin.gif

It's a good thing, since the cable believers (especially this guy) are often better at determining the limits and proper applications of science.

May 29, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #150 of 199
I believe that a good cable makes the world of a difference, but I believe that paying 300$ on a cable is an overload. I am more partial to something like 10% of your budget being cables. Mine is a little over that because I like making my own so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back