Are you a cable person?
May 24, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 199
hmmm.. I do believe in the different sounds in different materials, but I do not believe in exotic cables (and their claims!). What would that put me?

May 24, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #3 of 199
i'm setting up a test with 3 pari 2003 DT880: stock, silver plated coper, Cardas...

May 24, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #4 of 199
I'm going to have to say no, but it is more out of ignorance than actual hands on and real life experience.

Blue Jeans cables are good enough for me, and I would much rather spend money on a new pair of phones, or amp, or source way before spending hundreds (or possibly thousands) on 'boutique' interconnects and cables.

Now that's not to say I completely doubt the validity of cable upgrades, I just think that (for me) the expense would not justify the potential benefits I would gain when a bang/buck ratio is taken into consideration. I would much rather go with affordable (yet quality) cables and interconnects, and spend the 'big bucks' on other gear.

May 24, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #5 of 199
Yeah Imilhan I'd say I fit in exactly the same camp as you.

SonicDawg, I'd say that probably puts you in the cable camp >_<. The non-cable camp seems to agree more that any decently made copper cable will do the job (maybe unless you're running $100,000 speakers).

Personally, I do not think it a good investment to spend lets say $300 to put a Zu Mobius on the HD650, for example. The only thing that matters to me in a cable is build quality and durability.

May 24, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #6 of 199
Quote:

Originally Posted by ex0du5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just say wether or not you're a cable person (believe in high end cables).

Yes, but I hate the cable guy (cable company), which should offset my sin for posting in this troll thread
smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #7 of 199
Bah, that's exactly what I said, that I didn't want to make it a troll thread. I just think it's interesting to see different people's points of view. I'm sure the outside world scolds us for paying so much for audiophile gear, yet I don't consider them trolls -_-.

Just keep the discussion interesting and civil. Tell us your point of view, just don't attack people from the opposite camp.

May 24, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #9 of 199
Everything I know about physics and electronics tells me that any reasonably-made cable should sound exactly like any other. So, no, I don't believe any of the nonsense.

May 24, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #10 of 199
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the point to open a thread at Head-Fi without debate ? We just shutup and listen to you ? Yes and No like pre-school boys and girls ?
confused.gif

Okay, okay, okay. I gave in :p.

Fixed
rs1smile.gif

May 24, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #11 of 199
I'm a good value, neutral, sturdily built type of cable guy, having spent a bit over $100 combined for three BJ LC1s... Nuff said
wink.gif

May 24, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #12 of 199
I am!
After buying a $1000 interconnect its hard to claim otherwise...
tongue.gif

May 24, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #13 of 199
Haha I guess so krmathis.

But still, I wonder if there are people out there putting those $1000 interconnects on their Darth Beyers
redface.gif
. Even 200$ interconnects on Beyers seems folly to me. The Darths do look amazing though!

May 24, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #15 of 199
So many people believe in the sonic differences that cables make, whether they are speaker cables, headphone cables, interconnects, power cords, that I want to believe they make a difference, but I think I have tin ears....
frown.gif
For example, I have bought some expensive (to me) power cables, and I can not tell the difference from the stock cords.
redface.gif
I have also purchased after-market headphone cables, better (according to all of the cable folks) speaker cables, etc. Shrug. These "hyped-up" cables sure look pretty, though.
biggrin.gif

Holly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back