Are video games another hobby of yours?
May 26, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #16 of 40
Used to be a hardcore FEAR (multiplayer) and then CS:S player. Was into competitive RTSs as well, in DoW. Before then I was an XBOX guy. Now I'm in university and all that is behind me.

May 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #17 of 40
Ahhh, gaming.  My friend and my enemy.  I'm a big time retro gamer, classics like Megaman 2, or Sonic, or Final Fantasy 1.  I spend WAY too much time playing those games, but modern gaming can't really hold my attention.  I like some RPGs and little indie games on the PS3, but, this modern FPS craze kinda bugs me.

I also used to play WoW... Three years of my life, devoted to that.  I was the BEST player on our server for a good long time, aswell as leading the charts in the 127th ranked guild. (At one time)  Then, all my friends left the server, and I didn't have the motivation to follow.  That, combined with school starting up, made me drop the game and move on.  Best decision ever.

May 26, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #18 of 40
Been an RPG gamer for a while...I think since like the first Wizardry game.  That's the first I remember off-hand, anyway.  While I was working at the Game Center here in Seattle, I got into FPS and Battletech simulation pods, but I tend to get too competitive.  So I usually stick to RPGs and strategy games nowadays.

May 27, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #19 of 40
I've always loved video games, but I tend to phase in and out of playing consistently or competitively. Recently, I've been spending my time with Demon's Souls, SSFIV, Killzone 2, Persona 3 (FES), and the SC2 Beta. I need to pick up Forza 3 and Yakuza 3 at some point. Looking forward to P3Portable, Gothic 4, GT5, and maybe Fallout: New Vegas, but we'll see about this delayed expansion pack...  Also crossing my fingers for Ar Tonelico 3, but that may take a while. But unlike many people, I couldn't care less about Reach. As fun as Halo 1-3 (Not touching ODST unless it his a $20 pricepoint) is, it's been the same thing for years, and what I've seen makes absolutely no advances or contributions to the series. Oh well.

May 27, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #21 of 40

Quote:
Sure is. I used to be pretty hardcore, but now that I'm in college I've had less and less time to play. Not to mention, I don't have a job so I don't pick up games as often as I used to.

i did much more gaming in college than in any other point in my life lol. skip class, mario kart or HALO. now that i have a job, i play much less. but still, video games are a part of me now.

i played WoW hardcore for a couple years, now i stick to COD4 mostly. waiting for starcraft 2 and star wars: the old republic. 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 27, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #23 of 40
I have definiatly been very deep into this hobby. As of late it has been mostly music though. Dunno if it´s a good or bad thing but I work so hard and movies/music take less energy then games since your brain aren´t activated as much. Over the years I found myself getting pickier and pickier as well with games. Games has really grown up lately for good and for bad :frowning2:

Started out as a hardcore gamer playing just about every genre in the world. rts games I got tired of and then I also got quite tired of fps games which long was the two biggest genres for me apart from the occasional racing title. Then I foundnd flight simming and it hooked me like crazy. If you think music is a money spending hobby imagine how many addons there is for flight simulator. It´s an industry on its own :wink: Was both into the military part. Mainly WW 2 and IL 2 all iterations. FS 9/FS on the civil side. Latest purchase DCS: Black Shark. Really amazing stuff that but my god so complex.

During my flight sim career I also discovered the simracing community. That hooked me even harder. The adrenaline rush you got out of that is just out of this world. That hooked me for several years and emptied my bank account for a nixim cockpit even. It took many year of head-fiing until I spent more money on my music gear then flight/racing gear but I suspect I am there now lol.

May 27, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #24 of 40
I used to play a lot more back in the day but I still find some time occasionally to play here and there.  Honestly, audio stuff tends to suck up a lot more of my time lately.  One thing I love about video games though is how even of a playing field everything is on.  You can get a ton of entertainment from picking up a PS3 and keeping it for many many years....and no worries about upgraditis like in audio :wink:

May 28, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #25 of 40

Quote:
Seconded! Amazing, how good non-HD graphics can look. Not that Graphics really matter much in most Nintendo games. It's fun as hell too!

Yes, the levels are very creative. Much more important than graphics! Thankfully the graphics are superb as well! An absolutely perfect game. It continually surprises me.

May 29, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #29 of 40
I must admit COD has one of the most relay values i've ever encountered in a game, i must warn for new FPS gamers, it's will take some time to get used to, and unfortunately it's not going to be very fun until you start picking up, at least for online use anyways. 

May 29, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #30 of 40
Yeah, I use to play games pretty seriously a few years ago. Won a few tournaments, played in ladders, the whole nine. Mainly on the PS3; Resistance: Fall of Man, WarHawk, CoD4, Resistance 2 and some MW2 being the ones I played for more than a few months.

Now with college, even if I wanted to play how I used to, I couldn't as there aren't enough hours in the day. Plus there's nothing good out. Though I do find myself playing some PC games now as they seem a lot more casual and commitment free, which is good if you have an hour or two to kill and want no strings attached. I'll usually hop on Bad Company 2 or World at War from time to time.

But here's hoping Resistance 3 doesn't disappoint. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back